PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Detroit asks to speak to Josh McDaniels [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Detroit asks to speak to Josh McDaniel

i think mcdaniels stays. if pioli goes to cleveland then he will bring in jim schwartz from the titans -another BB tree leaf.

Detroit is a mess. Doubt Josh is that dumb. I am not sure Josh is ready to be a head coach but of course I could be wrong. I have always thought Josh was being groomed to be our HC when BB stepped down. Just not sure when that will be. I don't see BB coaching forever.

Not to mention it's a horrible place to live, Detroit sucks in every way possible.

Actually that's not true. The downtown scene is really cool and the suburbs are kind of happening, too. If you think Detroit is some kind of rundown crackhead capital with empty warehouses and gang-infested high-rise apartment complexes you'd be wrong. Detroit is actually a real cool place with a couple of pockets of bad areas, just like Boston.

Even if they didn't ask yet, I am sure they will. Detroit makes sense because they could get McDaniels and (most likely) Cassel.

If I was Josh, however, I would turn them all down. Why bother screwing with a perrenial loser like Detroit or Oakland for your first head coaching job when you can wait a few more years and maybe hit a perfect opportunity with a well run franchise whos coach retires or something (I don't know, maybe New England)? It's not like his stock is going to go down anytime soon, expecially if we keep producing QB's like we have so far.

Fixed your post for you. :D

I've said it before, if any of these organizations had a brain in their heads (which they don't) they'd make a run for Pioli/McDaniels/Cassel as a package deal. The three would provide instant credibility to an organization. By picking up McDaniels and Cassel, a team is gaurenteed to have a QB who fits the system and knows the playbook.

Detroit would be an ideal fit, in my mind. They already have a Randy Moss clone in Calvin Johnson and a pretty solid young running back, along with two 1st round picks. Why draft a college QB, an unproven player who needs to learn a system, learn the speed of the NFL, etc, when you could bring in a proven guy? Why not draft a LT with the first pick instead, and build around your QB/WR combo?

Of course these are the Lions, so it won't happen.

I think that that right there is the money quote. I might well be wrong, but I'd be pretty surprised if I was... :cool:

I've said it before, if any of these organizations had a brain in their heads (which they don't) they'd make a run for Pioli/McDaniels/Cassel as a package deal. The three would provide instant credibility to an organization. By picking up McDaniels and Cassel, a team is gaurenteed to have a QB who fits the system and knows the playbook.

Detroit would be an ideal fit, in my mind. They already have a Randy Moss clone in Calvin Johnson and a pretty solid young running back, along with two 1st round picks. Why draft a college QB, an unproven player who needs to learn a system, learn the speed of the NFL, etc, when you could bring in a proven guy? Why not draft a LT with the first pick instead, and build around your QB/WR combo?

Well, if anyone get Pioli, McDaniels, and Cassel; I hope the Pats faneagle a couple of first day draft picks in compensation. Based on the rules, it seems that the Pats can demand compensation to let Pioli go. Cassel would be a franchise and trade deal.

it could be the end of good old Pats if Josh and Scot go.

Lions want to chat with McDaniels

BostonHerald.com - Blogs: The Point After Blog Archive Lions want to chat with McDaniels

Colleague Ron Borges, passing along info from his sources, says the Detroit Lions have asked to talk with Pats offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels about their head coaching job. The Lions, who recorded the worst record in NFL history by going 0-16 this season, had fired Rod Marinelli earlier today.

McDaniels is also said to be a candidate for the vacant head coaching position in Cleveland. So the off-season for the Pats is really starting to heat up in terms of potentially losing personnel both on the coaching staff, and front office, with vice president of player personnel Scott Pioli also being wooed for several GM positions.

Re: Lions want to chat with McDaniels

Don't do it Josh its a coaches GRAVEYARD

I wonder if McDaniels would want it after reading this....

NO BILLICK IN MOTOWN?
Posted by Mike Florio on December 29, 2008, 7:00 p.m. EST

As the Detroit Lions begin to line up candidates to for the nowhere-to-go-but-up position of head coach, one person who likely won’t be on the list is former Ravens coach Brian Billick.

Per Tom Kowalski of Mlive.com, who correctly predicted the survival of G.M. Martin Mayhew and team president Tom Lewand, Billick’s chances of getting the job are below one percent.

As we read Kowalski’s blurb, we get the sense that the Lions are looking for a guy who’ll know his place in the Mayhew-Lewand structure, and who presumably won’t come in and try to take the place over.

ProFootballTalk.com - NO BILLICK IN MOTOWN?

McDaniels will not take that job. No freaking way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3