PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deshea Townsend to visit Pats ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
NE_PATS_FAN_54 said:
john tomase said that townsends agent denied this report in the herald.
I think the Patriots threaten to cease interest if their interest is disclosed. I doubt the agent is telling the truth here.

Whether he's coming or not, I don't think another old corner is the answer.

WEEI this morning reported that Steelers Townsend and Jason Fabini were due into Foxboro this week.

Townsend blows............Chad Scott part II. Last years FA signings were a complete disaster. Looks to be the same so far with those two bums coming in.

Last edited:
As a Steelers fan I can tell you Townsend is definitely better than Scott. He may have lost a step, but he's a much better coverage guy than Scott was.

The Steelers will likely be happy to go with their 2nd-year CB McFadden as the starter opposite Ike Taylor though, so re-signing Townsend isn't a priority for them. I'm sure they'd take him back if the price were right. Scott, on the other hand, was clearly finished by the time the Steelers cut him.

Give'm Poole's slot?

If he wants to play for 2-3 Mill a year I'd think hard about it. He was a starter on s SB team so he's no slouch. Provides flexibility come draft day. Decent signing. Fabini on the other hand...OY!

Ugh. Townsend is the guy we try to pick on when we player the Steelers. And he's 31.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes