PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DeSean Jackson Released by Eagles [update]: Signed by Washington

And Chip Kelly thinks Jeremy Maclin can make those plays. So why keep a headache around?

That remains to be seen, maclin got a take it or leave it deal they weren't that pressed about resigning him. I don't think he is gonna look to him to replace all that production. He is also Mr Glass.

Chip's offense is very receiver friendly and considering the draft is deep. @ WR it may be a combination of Sproles, rookie and Maclin. It's still a risk when you haven't even drafted his successor yet but I understand why they are confident.

I actually think Cooper will have a career year but again it's a lot pf guess work cause he also left plays on the field in key moments.

I completely understand why the Eagles cut Jackson but the extra stuff is bush league. Everyone in philly is talking about Jax lifestyle and not asking football questions so it worked like a charm.

Maybe I am just used to the pats who don't do stuff like this.

That remains to be seen, maclin got a take it or leave it deal they weren't that pressed about resigning him. I don't think he is gonna look to him to replace all that production. He is also Mr Glass.

1 year $5.5m coming of an ACL tear says they very much wanted him for this season.

Also not sure how he is getting called Mr. Glass. He's had one major injury. Maclin's games played 15, 16, 13, 15. DeSean Jackson 16, 15, 14, 15, 11, 16. Only difference is Jackson didn't tear his ACL.

Season Averages-
Maclin- 64 rec 863 yards 6 TD
Jackson- 59 rec 1019 yards 5 TD
(season avg before this year 54 rec 957 yards 5 TD)

Jackson's best year came in Chip Kelly's offense and with Foles as the QB. It's not a stretch to think Maclin could get 70-80 receptions and 1,000+yards in the offense that just saw Riley Cooper get 50 rec and 850 yards.

So why keep the headache that Jackson is around if you have a guy that you think can give you almost has much as Jackson did?

DeSean Jackson released by Eagles

1 year $5.5m coming of an ACL tear says they very much wanted him for this season.

Also not sure how he is getting called Mr. Glass. He's had one major injury. Maclin's games played 15, 16, 13, 15. DeSean Jackson 16, 15, 14, 15, 11, 16. Only difference is Jackson didn't tear his ACL.

Season Averages-
Maclin- 64 rec 863 yards 6 TD
Jackson- 59 rec 1019 yards 5 TD
(season avg before this year 54 rec 957 yards 5 TD)

Jackson's best year came in Chip Kelly's offense and with Foles as the QB. It's not a stretch to think Maclin could get 70-80 receptions and 1,000+yards in the offense that just saw Riley Cooper get 50 rec and 850 yards.

So why keep the headache that Jackson is around if you have a guy that you think can give you almost has much as Jackson did?

I don't think I ever advocated for the eagles to keep him if he is such a headache. So not sure why your making that case. Release the guy and move on.

I have my doubts about Mac but we'll see this year. A one year deal for a guy his age didn't scream come back to me.

It's not a stretch but it's a projection all the same that he will be a number one getting defended as a number 1 and still producing like a #1.

Those numbers in a vacuum don't mean he's gonna just slide in and be that guy.

For the record I have said nothing but the eagles offense will be fine. On this site and to my friends in the real world.

I did however take exception when the poster was giving Chip credit for Desean's success in a vacuum it's disingenuous at best. I don't agree when people exaggerate that relationship in regard to any player.

There is something up with him. Either gang activity or just him plain skipping meetings to hang with friends...either way when a team takes a 6.5 mill cap him in dead $$ becasue of you...something is wrong.

But throwing gang signs out on the field? ya....

There is something up with him. Either gang activity or just him plain skipping meetings to hang with friends...either way when a team takes a 6.5 mill cap him in dead $$ becasue of you...something is wrong.

But throwing gang signs out on the field? ya....

Word....

paul-pierce-big.jpg

paul-pierce-piru-blood-gang-sign.jpg

Attachments

• south park bloods.jpg
    south park bloods.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 33
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1m
Obviously good news for the #Redskins that DeSean Jackson visits first. He has other, unspecified visits scheduled. So nothing decided yet

Attachments

• rap.jpg
    rap.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 56
Rat fans are going beserk about Izdick shining DeScumbaglio on.....the entire green goon fanbase is in high alert drive-by mode as we post....myself, as a lifelong Patriots fan, I WANT Vick The Convicted Dog Murderer and O.J. Jackson starting for the NY Jokes..the carnage in the daily news rags alone is worth it.

TBH, I see the Raiders as the best fit for Jackson. Given his links to Oakland and assuming the Patriots aren't a serious player for his services, I'd like to see him end up there.

I didn't think he'd be release. I was dead wrong on that. I really don't think that he "gang issue" was a big part of Kelly's reason for letting him go. At Oregon, Kelly worked with a lot of kids from gang neighborhoods, and didn't have many issues. Its not about gangs, its about what he did or didn't do when he was in the Eagles' building.

Kelly is telling something else as well. When you have a great offensive system, WR's are replaceable facets to the whole. Welker turned out to be eminently replaceable, so much so that his replacement didn't end up being the first choice to replace him and STILL managed have a better year than Welker.

In the offensive systems you have today, you don't need superstars as WR, you just need competent receivers who are more RELIABLE than gifted. Granted it's better if your WR's are BOTH gifted AND reliable, but its not NECESSARY. But there's a reason so many of the so called top WR's n the game play for teams that don't make the playoffs

The fact is that EVERY year there will be quality athletes coming out of college who might end up being impact WR's. And if you don't like the very deep crop that's coming out this year, supposedly there is even a better crop coming out next year.

Jackson can be replaced, just like every WR can be replaced. Finding a QB is the big mystery. But if you have one, then WR's become a commodity, not an necessity. NONE are worth $10MM, especially if you are a pain in the ass, unreliable, yet eminently talented one.

he strikes me as the guy who would love to stay in the eagles division and throw up gang signs when he scores TDs at them :D

Jets fans still freaking out over this...and NONE of them know how a NFL contract works.

The jills?

But sounds like OAK...ahh going home to the gang son!

Yup, Oakland would be a perfect fit for him. Now he can be closer to his gang homies. Oakland has long been the destination for misfits. And actually some do turn their careers around there. It makes a lot of sense.

Jackson can be replaced, just like every WR can be replaced. Finding a QB is the big mystery. But if you have one, then WR's become a commodity, not an necessity. NONE are worth $10MM, especially if you are a pain in the ass, unreliable, yet eminently talented one.

Exactly, the mentality of the entire Patriots franchise does NOT cater to prima donnas. And everything I'm hearing about Jackson tells me that he's a me-first prima donna who thinks he's above the team. Missing team meetings is a huge no-no.

And the gang connections just pushes him beyond the comfort zone of our owner. Jackson will surely command fairly large dollars due to his talent and I don't see the Patriots ownership signing off on such a risky monetary commitment, nor should they.

That's a huge relief! Should clear up everything. :bricks:

we already knew he wasn't involved in the murders...he just had links to the people who did it/around it

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back