PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DeSean Jackson Released by Eagles [update]: Signed by Washington

By your logic, we are doomed, Darelle Revised should have netted the buccs at least a third.

Revis was being overpaid at 16mil. If a team traded for Jackson, the cap hit would have been 10 mil. That's not bad for a deep threat with his talent. If he wasn't such a dink, I would have expected the Eagles to get at least a 2nd.

Didn't you just say you were giving Chip credit for all Desean's success?

Foxboro Flyer gave Jax credit and you attempted to take it away with "I thought Chip was the guy" basically, so no, as long as your giving Chip complete credit for Jackson making the offense potent....than I am making the right argument.

BB made Brady. How is this different from what your inferring.

Jackson was a potent NFL deep threat when chip was in Oregon
Chasing Coke Lyerla who he recruited along with numerous LA gang area Recruits.

I didn't give chip credit for deseans success, I said he made the offense go. Nick folk gave desean his throws...This is what I'm talking about with you trying to make it look like someone says something when they don't.

I've kind of moved from this thread, between that and your lame post about Kelly running routes, I've seen that you are definitely a desperate dude to make your point.

By your logic, we are doomed, Darelle Revised should have netted the buccs at least a third.

It was known they would release him...and he already commanded a $16 million deal...for CB. Not even worth a comparison

Update....

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk · 8m
At last count, at least seven teams expressed interest on Friday in DeSean Jackson.

Sproles is done. Philly won't make playoffs this year. Jackson took the top off of defenses. They don't have that now.
Chip will be a footnote in 2 years.

I had confidence in Kelly before he was an NFL HC, when I read that Belichick got together with him and was picking his brain about football.

Kelly's off to a pretty good start.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 25s
Jets are NOT one of the nine teams that now have inquired on free-agent WR DeSean Jackson.

That's a surprise.

Desaen Jackson has been released could have meant from prison for all I cared. He's a dopestick and I don't want him near the Pats.

He seems like a perfect fit for the Jets though. They claim that Idzik is looking to add character guys, and he'd be an improvement over Vick.

Oakland is another good fit, what with all their talk of toughness and not much to show for it.

jets fans are furious again now that they haven't contacted him...lol

They got their hopes up so high they would get him...revis..this. This is awesome

why do jets fans bash someone who has been right all FA?

First of all, it's Mehta - so don't believe anything.

Secondly, if it's none that Jackson's price starts at 10 - we may not even need to bother. I sure as ***** wouldn't

Desean Jackson released

I didn't give chip credit for deseans success, I said he made the offense go. Nick folk gave desean his throws...This is what I'm talking about with you trying to make it look like someone says something when they don't.

I've kind of moved from this thread, between that and your lame post about Kelly running routes, I've seen that you are definitely a desperate dude to make your point.

Desperate? Ok. Your exact words were "I thought it was chip and the coordinators" you didn't even mention Foles in the quote I used. Kelly doesn't in fact run routes. Just like BB isn't evading rushers in the pocket I would say the same to anyone trying to strip Brady of credit for something HE does. What's lame about it?

Maybe you should. My main point wasn't to defend Jax as a player because I don't need too. Honestly i don't wanna defend him at all. What I did want to defend against is jumping to conclusions about young black guys because......science. Are you in disagreement with my other post in regards to the double standards?

What I have been doing in this thread is calling out the rice paper veiled racism and buzz words associated with young black males. The hand gesture thing is exhibit A. As others showed when posting white kids doing the same thing, it appears non threatening. Mr Kraft threw up the diamond.. it's non threatening.

If you've been following current events in this country you would know that all young black males are scary and very very threatening. That's the climate. So when I see it, yes I'm gonna speak on it.

Also why would I be desperate when uninformed fools in here are using hip-hop as a derogatory word? A synonym for caution or danger? It's not hard at all. They have no idea what they are talking about.

@RapSheet: Two wildcard teams interested in DeSean Jackson: #Redskins and #Bills. Can see both fits

The jills?

But sounds like OAK...ahh going home to the gang son!

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports free agent DeSean Jackson "put word out" he was interested in joining the Raiders.
The feeling is mutual as Oakland reportedly began to investigate the possibility of adding Jackson more than a week ago. Jackson's interest makes sense. The Raiders were Jackson's favorite team growing up, and he played his college ball nearby at Cal. There are at least eight other teams also interested in Jackson's services

Starting to care less and less about DJax, I just don't want to face him twice a year. People can say all they want about him but he's one of the types of players that Revis has struggled with occasionally (I'm NOT saying Revis can't hold his own).

Then again, our divisions QB situation has me not all that worried about who our DB's line up against.

Attachments

• easter-bunny_s600x600.jpg
    easter-bunny_s600x600.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 58
Would love to see him go to the Raiders and see him blow by Talib twice a year

That's assuming Talib won't be hurt as always

Would love to see him go to the Raiders and see him blow by Talib twice a year

That's assuming Talib won't be hurt as always

I doubt that Talib gets hurt as much. He will be playing on a natural surface, not frozen plastic. In Denver they really care about the playing surface, in New England the goal is to re-use the surface as much as possible for other events.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back