PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dennard arrested for DUI

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are entitled to an opinion. You aren't entitled to express it anywhere you like, or in any manner in which you like. Those are two entirely different things.

I have no problem with people of faith. I've got my own faith. Most of my friends are people of faith, including a couple of ordained ministers. Love 'em.

I have a big problem with people of faith who evangelize, i.e. try to convince other people to believe as they do. It is the ultimate act of arrogance, to believe that what you believe is better than what someone else believes, simply because of an accident of birth and circumstance.

It has directly caused, or been a major factor in, most of the war in the world, as well as the justification for most of the environmental damage done to the planet.

So while you see yourself as legitimate in bringing your stuff here, your very presence is upsetting to me.

And I do pray now that Tebow is cut so that this stuff will just all go away from what had been a place of safety (this board) from the world's real problems and issues.

The bolded may be the biggest fiction ever. The italicized, the second biggest. It is power that causes war, not religion.

It could be the reason why Tebow was signed. There are a number of reasons why Tebow could have been signed. He may have been signed because he was suppose to babysit Hernandez for all we know.

What I do know is that I would rather spend a roster slot that may actually play on Sundays.

Tebow will not be playing on Sundays unless he learns some roles that place him on the field and as far as I am concerned, I would rather have a guy like Buchanan than Tebow if Buchanan demonstrates his ability to get to the quarterback. Having Tebow as the #3 quarterback is a pure luxury in every way, shape and form because we have Brady and Mallett.

As far as needing a scout team quarterback, I think of at least one guy who can fill that role who is expected to get more than his fair share of offensive snaps and touches (Edelman) as long as he stays healthy.

Well firstly, Edelman has never thrown an NFL pass in his life (I think). He's also about 5'0" so aside from Russell Wilson offers little as a scout team QB. Jake Bequette was on the 53 last year and made as close to zero contribution as is possible. If Tebows helps our defense to plan for Kaepernick in a SB, then he's already making a bigger contribution than we got out of someone like Bequette.

Well there are other players that I do like on the Patriots.For instance I have mad respect for Tom Brady and enjoy seeing him play. So in the unfortunate event that Tebow is cut I will still come here. I was expressing my opinion about Dennard and toward Dennard. If you don't like my posts than use the ignore function, it has been put there for a reason. If you want Tebow cut, than that is your opinion that you're entitled to. I have my opinion on 1 or 2 players that I want cut from the team.

Thats' good. Reason #1 why Tebow is going nowhere in New England.

As for your opinion on the 1 or 2 players that you want cut from the team, lets hear it. We would love to know who you want cut from a team that you never followed until the day Tebow was signed because no one else wanted him.

Well firstly, Edelman has never thrown an NFL pass in his life (I think). He's also about 5'0" so aside from Russell Wilson offers little as a scout team QB. Jake Bequette was on the 53 last year and made as close to zero contribution as is possible. If Tebows helps our defense to plan for Kaepernick in a SB, then he's already making a bigger contribution than we got out of someone like Bequette.

Julian Edelman is only 5' 0"? And I don't see how Tebow "helps our defense to plan for Kaepernick."

Kaepernick has an arm.

Tebow doesn't.

:rocker:

Julian Edelman is only 5' 0"? And I don't see how Tebow "helps our defense to plan for Kaepernick."

Kaepernick has an arm.

Tebow doesn't.

:rocker:

I don't know how anyone can question Tebow's arm. His accuracy sure, but not the strength of his arm. Will still be one of the best 3rd string arms in the NFL though, however you look at it.

And I was clearly exaggerating for effect re Edelman.

I don't know how anyone can question Tebow's arm. His accuracy sure, but not the strength of his arm. Will still be one of the best 3rd string arms in the NFL though, however you look at it.

And I was clearly exaggerating for effect re Edelman.

Sports Science: Tim Tebow-Throwing Motion - YouTube

Tim Tebow Can't Throw - YouTube

Betting on Tebow? - ESPN First Take - YouTube

Tim Tebow Throws The Football Like A Javelin - YouTube

First Take - Patriots sign Tim Tebow

Tebow cannot throw and when he throws the football, he throws the ball like it is a javelin.

you understand the difference between seeing him as a scout team QB that can best represent Kaepernick as a player and seeing him as a starting QB that can lead us to the SB. Tebow is big, mobile and has a strong arm. He can better represent the Kaepernick's, Newton's and EJ Manuel's than any other person on the roster. That's all I'm saying.

Your blindness re Tebow means that you can't even accept simple logical and rational arguments. It's not ridiculous to say that BB might value a QB that can imitate in practice a growing number of big, athletic and strong armed QBs in the NFL than a DE that makes no sacks and one tackle in the entirety of an NFL season. Just regurgitsting Tebow can't throw tropes is meaningless within that context. I'm not expecting him to throw at an NFL level in this sc enario, I'm expecting him to represent something.

you understand the difference between seeing him as a scout team QB that can best represent Kaepernick as a player and seeing him as a starting QB that can lead us to the SB. Tebow is big, mobile and has a strong arm. He can better represent the Kaepernick's, Newton's and EJ Manuel's than any other person on the roster. That's all I'm saying.

Your blindness re Tebow means that you can't even accept simple logical and rational arguments. It's not ridiculous to say that BB might value a QB that can imitate in practice a growing number of big, athletic and strong armed QBs in the NFL than a DE that makes no sacks and one tackle in the entirety of an NFL season. Just regurgitsting Tebow can't throw tropes is meaningless within that context. I'm not expecting him to throw at an NFL level in this sc enario, I'm expecting him to represent something.

Tebow is nowhere near as mobile or has an arm like Kaepernick. That is why Kaepernick is a starting quarterback in the NFL and Tebow is not. That is not a blind observation. That is just obvious.

Attachments

• th.jpg
    th.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 29

Why would the Pats waste a 53 man spot on a scout team QB when they can sign any number of running QB's to the practice squad? Being able to imitate a running QB isn't a unique trait, especially when you're awful at completing passes.

another thread diverted to Hell

Tebow is nowhere near as mobile or has an arm like Kaepernick. That is why Kaepernick is a starting quarterback in the NFL and Tebow is not. That is not a blind observation. That is just obvious.

Sorry, but ugh! I know Kaepernick is better than Tebow. That is why I'm talking about Tebow being a 3rd string scout team QB imitating Kaepernick (amongst others). What is so hard to understand about that?

Why would the Pats waste a 53 man spot on a scout team QB when they can sign any number of running QB's to the practice squad? Being able to imitate a running QB isn't a unique trait, especially when you're awful at completing passes.

Marginal gains.

2010 Week 15 - Tim Tebow every downfield attempt vs. Raiders - YouTube

watch this. one of the reporters says who says Tebow can't throw the ball, whoever said that they don't know what they're talking about at 7:56-8:05.

So, you quote a game where they lost and Tebow went 8 for 16 for 138 yards. Not to mention that a number of those completions were circus catches by Lloyd. I just don't get it. The guy plain and simple isn't an NFL QB. i don't get it....

Sorry, but ugh! I know Kaepernick is better than Tebow. That is why I'm talking about Tebow being a 3rd string scout team QB imitating Kaepernick (amongst others). What is so hard to understand about that?

That is the key word - imitating Kaepernick. Tebow cannot imitate Kaepernick in fact, you would be hard pressed to find anyone that could imitate Kaepernick unless you wanted to either hire Brett Hundley, while he was still at UCLA, as an college-student advisor or simply made sure that you drafted him either next year or the year after.

Tebow does not have the speed or the throwing ability of Kaepernick so that he can be mimicked on the scout team.

That is the key word - imitating Kaepernick. Tebow cannot imitate Kaepernick in fact, you would be hard pressed to find anyone that could imitate Kaepernick unless you wanted to either hire Brett Hundley, while he was still at UCLA, as an college-student advisor or simply made sure that you drafted him either next year or the year after.

Tebow does not have the speed or the throwing ability of Kaepernick so that he can be mimicked on the scout team.

Nevermind.

So, you quote a game where they lost and Tebow went 8 for 16 for 138 yards. Not to mention that a number of those completions were circus catches by Lloyd. I just don't get it. The guy plain and simple isn't an NFL QB. i don't get it....

Also if you listen to the reporters they mention Philip rivers had a similar throw his first year as QB. Difference is Philip has had years to develop. Whereas, that was Tim's 1st year as an NFL QB. Tim can throw well, he just needs to work on accuracy and that comes with time. I disagree Tim is an NFL caliber QB. I love Philip rivers as well. Mad credit to Brandon Llyod, he's a great receiver for sure.

I think what manxman is trying to say is that Tebow could imitate Colin. In that Tebow can do what Colin does. Of course not as well as Colin could. However, Tebow could do the same type moves decently and in the end help his team.

I think what manxman is trying to say is that Tebow could imitate Colin. In that Tebow can do what Colin does. Of course not as well Colin could, but Tebow could do the same type moves decently.

Actually I think that EJ Manuel is a more likely reason as he's in our conference and we could be facing him for two games this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes