Welcome to PatsFans.com

Deion Branch - injured again

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by patsox23, Oct 8, 2007.

1. patsox23

patsox23 Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 1 / -0

If we're going to kill Maroney for missing some time - when it's awfully clear that BB is being extra cautious - we might as well note Deion Branch's fragility. He's out for at least two weeks with a sprained foot.
  2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +302 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

For all the talk about Stallworth's injury history, he has actually played in more (regular season) games than Branch and they were drafted the same year.
  3. pheenix11

pheenix11 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

4. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +30 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Yeah who's Branch? I don't remember anybody named Branch.
  5. Kdo5

Kdo5 Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 5 / -3

Branch has been great this year. Its tough to see him get injured.
  6. sebman2112

sebman2112 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I said this during the offseason when some Pats fans were saying Donte was to fragile. Seemed to make a few people think twice when they realized Branch had missed more games and Stallworth had better stats with Brooks throwing to him for a large part of his career.

The funny thing about the Maroney's a "china doll" talk is that he only missed two games last year and came back to play through those injuries showing his toughness. He didn't even really these past two games as he wanted to play and thought he was going to against the Bengals but the coaches are keeping him out to play it safe. I don't blame them though as groin injuries can be tricky.
  7. rabthepat

rabthepat Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Deion who?
  8. Fahrenhype

Fahrenhype Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Has he even come close to justifying his contract? He's on par for another 5 TD's-or-less regular season. I'll always admire what he did in SB38, the AFC game against the steelers, and SB39 but in the salary cap era if you're gonna demand "Reggie Wayne money" than you gotta put up Reggie Wayne numbers. Unless a team is owned by a Microsoft co-founder and coached by Mike Holmgren I guess.
  9. mojocaster.com

mojocaster.com Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

we got bingo :)

[​IMG]
  10. patsox23

patsox23 Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 1 / -0

I wasn't totally making this thread just to ridicule Deion - so much as to point out that we should hold every player on the Pats (and Deion was BELOVED here) to the same ridiculous standard some seem to be holding Maroney. LoMar looks to have been held out TWICE by Belichick being hyper-cautious - he had to have been extremely close to playing since they flew him to Cincy - and people are absolutely killing him. Wait 'til he comes back and be glad we had the luxury of not testing a baulky groin.