Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Should QBs get to throw the ball any way they like it?

• Yes

Votes: 82 70.1%
  • No the ball should be one way for everybody

Votes: 35 29.9%

• Total voters
strange that some folks suddenly are absent from this thread! Things that make you go WHOM.....

http://mmqb.si.com/2015/01/22/deflategate-reaction-of-nfl-coaches-bill-belichick-press-conference/

wow..you can see the hate among the people in the league . People still complain about the ineligible stuff.
Still, one AFC general manager thought that if Belichick is tied to this latest incident—and several coaches I spoke to felt that Tom Brady would be more likely to be at the heart of this matter—it would affect his Hall of Fame candidacy.

But we don’t know any of that yet. And the NFL coaches I spoke with were in the same wait-and-see mode. The one thing all were unanimous on: They’re interested to see how this is handled by commissioner Roger Goodell, because the perception is the Patriots get off easy on infractions that would result in harsher penalties for other teams.

“Too often competitive violations have gone unpunished because conclusive proof of the violation was lacking,” Goodell wrote. “I believe we should reconsider the standard of proof to be applied in such cases, and make it easier for a competitive violation to be established.”

Oh how i want to say a giant **** YOU to every single prick that has blown this out of proportion. I've been banned from forums already over this **** because idiots are clinging to this nonsense story as truth.

Right on the money. Regardless of where anyone stands politically this is the exact same dynamic we see in "news' media every day and have seen for years and years. First they take some small piece of news and report it with the greatest amount of spin they can on it, then they take all of the faux outrage and speculation around it and start reporting it as fact, the they convict those involved and lynch them in the media as though everything they claimed based upon the suggestions, speculation, and outright lies was all actual fact.

That's all this is. A miniscule infraction that would normally garner a miniscule fine or a warning, then inflate it into a major infraction based upon lies and absurd speculation, and then convict based solely upon the lies and speculation.

This is why I turned off the " news " years ago and now will do the same with the so called sports media. It's all a bunch of ********, nothing more.

"because the perception is the Patriots get off easy on infractions that would result in harsher penalties for other teams."

are you ****ing kidding me bedard? seriously? holy ****.

the vikings and the lions got off with a note that said Please stop.

the patriots better not get anything more.

To me, the only issue that matters is when the supposed deflation occurred.

If the footballs were submitted to the referees and they examined and approved them, that is completely on the referees. Did the referees test each football with a precise gauge or did they simply give them the once-over? How strictly do the referees test the balls before the game? Why does the NFL not talk about this?

If the footballs were intentionally deflated or manipulated AFTER the referees' examination, then only with this scenario does it become a nefarious scheme. As we are seeing however, there is NO evidence of this.

This is akin to after a championship chess match the loser complaining that the winner didn't use regulation chess pieces. They can't beat us, so let's blame the equipment.
I put this comment up on an article that called for Either Belichick being suspended from the super bowl or the Patriots forfeiting the super bowl. This will be my response to this event from here on out.

Much ado about nothing. Clearly not a competitive advantage. Merely a comfort thing for the QB. This is no bigger deal than a player wearing non league approved apparel. Has no impact on the game. As was stated, the refs are the ones in the crosshairs. They handle every ball twice per play. You going to tell me they couldn't tell the difference? The refs sole job is to maintain control of the game and adherence to rules during the game. This was their responsibility and the NFL's reaction should be simply to change how and where the footballs are kept. They let each team furnish their own balls. Ever wonder why? Because each quarterback likes to treat that ball so it is comfortable for him. That is all this was and to say the super bowl should be forfeited or Belichick suspended is to demonstrate total ignorance of the infraction and show the world how much irrational hate one has for the best football organization in the history of the NFL.

Obviously the league will make the final call, but there seems to be an awful lot of back tracking....

It would be tooooo damn sweet to hear the NFL say there was nothing wrong, then hear all these media jokers who jumped the gun condemning the Pats like Mort, Reiss, Macmullan, and the idiot bandwagoner from CNN, all have to swallow their pride and apologize for their yellow journalism.

Curran in his article insinuates if brady also offers no explanation to how the air pressure stuff then it doesnt look good. It will come back to BB.

Obviously the league will make the final call, but there seems to be an awful lot of back tracking....

It would be tooooo damn sweet to hear the NFL say there was nothing wrong, then hear all these media jokers who jumped the gun condemning the Pats like Mort, Reiss, Macmullan, and the idiot bandwagoner from CNN, all have to swallow their pride and apologize for their yellow journalism.
I seriously doubt the nfl will say there was nothing wrong. They are going to hand out some punishment,Iam sure of that. As curran said, there is a witchhunt to bring BB down.

I seriously doubt the nfl will say there was nothing wrong. They are going to hand out some punishment,Iam sure of that. As curran said, there is a witchhunt to bring BB down.

Considering Schefter's newest tweet saying the NFL is having a hard time trying to find any evidence to support these accusations, I'm inclined to disagree with you.

If they truly did nothing wrong, there's no way Bob Kraft is letting Goodell stick his team with a sanction because the media wants a "scandal" to cover.

Meanwhile, Green Stool Gobbler World is agog with feces as they "report" the latest "news" from the turd desk...

“Too often competitive violations have gone unpunished because conclusive proof of the violation was lacking,” Goodell wrote. “I believe we should reconsider the standard of proof to be applied in such cases, and make it easier for a competitive violation to be established.”

Wow. Is this a serious quote from Goodell? Maybe the dumbest thing I've ever seen. Yeah, who needs evidence?

Wow. Is this a serious quote from Goodell? Maybe the dumbest thing I've ever seen. Yeah, who needs evidence?
Guilty till proven innocent

Translation:

LOL our refs have no idea what they are doing. They completely screwed the pooch on this one. We probably should fix that but its like WAY easier to just blame Belichick. Its was all Belicheat, guys, amirite? lolz!

FYI I did the math. Heard that compressed air comes out at 100 degrees. 12.5 PSI at 100 degrees is 11.27 at 45 degrees. I think this story is collapsing.

The focus needs to be in the "NFL" leaks to an Indy reporter. None of this should have come out till after the investigation if they found anything. There is nothing to find here. It is probably a combo of temp, reffs just doing a squeeze test and usage.

Considering Schefter's newest tweet saying the NFL is having a hard time trying to find any evidence to support these accusations, I'm inclined to disagree with you.

If they truly did nothing wrong, there's no way Bob Kraft is letting Goodell stick his team with a sanction because the media wants a "scandal" to cover.
Well..they can say they didnt find evidence but as bedard;s article says

Too often competitive violations have gone unpunished because conclusive proof of the violation was lacking,” Goodell wrote. “I believe we should reconsider the standard of proof to be applied in such cases, and make it easier for a competitive violation to be established.”

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back