Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Should QBs get to throw the ball any way they like it?

• Yes

Votes: 82 70.1%
  • No the ball should be one way for everybody

Votes: 35 29.9%

• Total voters
SIAP.

Eveidence.jpg
I am more and more inclined to believe mort confused .2 to 2 PSI.

So the NFL cares more about tarnishing BB character then it does about making sure the games are fair from start to finish.

I've never been one of those guys who calls for goodells head, but this is the straw the broke the camels back.

Goodell has to go if that sting rumor is true. If the NFL knew for half the game and didn't do anything in an attempt to catch the patriots in the act then the owners need to do something.

I just cannot believe Glazer and I don't give a crap how many sources he has. It's RIDICULOUS and it seems more like some dumb cable TV show than reality. I really think people watch way too much TV.
Glazer is good with breaking news. But he has clear and open friendships with coaches in the league. Last year he produced constant critical info about Greg Schiano and pumped for his friend Lovie Smith to the coach there. Who ended up doing worse in tampa this year.

Could the fuss really be over .2?

I love how all the Tweets say focus is now shifting to Brady, etc. There doesn't have to be a focus! There isn't even necessarily a story here! The balls had a lower PSI than when they were submitted, something that can happen with no human intervention.

The media is too involved and are ruining the game. We've missed out on so many good potential real football stories because of them creating this one. It's sad.

To continue on the Harbaugh theme, I thought his comments the other day were interesting.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news...ateGate-/28beee63-78f0-49c3-b53b-d9fae60b696f

"Harbaugh was asked whether he or his players noticed underinflated balls.

“It’s really not something that is in the forefront of our mind, I can tell you,” Harbaugh said Wednesday. “I know the NFL is doing an investigation and they called some of our people about it. Our guys answered – as far as I know, I don’t know exactly what the conversations were – they answered honestly.”

Kicker Justin Tucker also tweeted about the topic Wednesday afternoon:

"I haven't talked to a single person [with] NFL, NFL Security, or media about under-inflated footballs or anything of the sort. Just to be clear, anyone saying that I made any comments one way or the other regarding our experiences in [New England] is simply mistaken."

Why is Baltimore so involved in this? Is the NFL calling all of the Patriots' opponents from the past year? Who exactly are 'our guys'?

To continue on the Harbaugh theme, I thought his comments the other day were interesting.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news...ateGate-/28beee63-78f0-49c3-b53b-d9fae60b696f

"Harbaugh was asked whether he or his players noticed underinflated balls.

“It’s really not something that is in the forefront of our mind, I can tell you,” Harbaugh said Wednesday. “I know the NFL is doing an investigation and they called some of our people about it. Our guys answered – as far as I know, I don’t know exactly what the conversations were – they answered honestly.”

Kicker Justin Tucke also tweeted about the topic Wednesday afternoon:

"I haven't talked to a single person [with] NFL, NFL Security, or media about under-inflated footballs or anything of the sort. Just to be clear, anyone saying that I made any comments one way or the other regarding our experiences in [New England] is simply mistaken."

Why is Baltimore so involved in this? Is the NFL calling all of the Patriots' opponents from the past year? Who exactly are 'our guys'?
Anyone can throw out any news nowadays via twitter or anything and make it news.

Now people are killing the pats that they asked the ravens need to study the rulebook for ieligible WRs and now claim they dont know the rules about the footballs and its hypocritical.

Schefter should talk to Mort or Glazer….they got tons of stuff!

I'm amazed no one has yet gone on their wikipedia pages and "made some interesting additions" with respect to DFG.

To me, the only issue that matters is when the supposed deflation occurred.

If the footballs were submitted to the referees and they examined and approved them, that is completely on the referees. Did the referees test each football with a precise gauge or did they simply give them the once-over? How strictly do the referees test the balls before the game? Why does the NFL not talk about this?

If the footballs were intentionally deflated or manipulated AFTER the referees' examination, then only with this scenario does it become a nefarious scheme. As we are seeing however, there is NO evidence of this.

This is akin to after a championship chess match the loser complaining that the winner didn't use regulation chess pieces. They can't beat us, so let's blame the equipment.

QUOTE="Todd Bradley, post: 4083729, member: 34688"]I'm guessing the NFL is waiting on Brady's presser till they release anything. Honestly, after all this hoopla, it's a pretty simple explanation really:

- Colts inflated their balls at 13.5 PSI, thus the temperature change dropped it down to 12.5, which is the league approved minimum.
- Patriots inflated their balls at 12.5 PSI, thus the temperature change dropped it down t0 11.5, which is under the league approved minimum.

At halftime, the discrepancy was noticed and correct. Boom done. No harm, no foul, no cheating and no suspension or punishment for the Pats. They can now further elaborate on adjusting the rule in the offseason.[/QUOTE]
You know, that is a very possible scenario. and you know what else, We should go with it. Everybody else is making up bull crap stories as gospel. We really have to start striking back with this PR crap. we were obviously set up. This is war now. We freaking crushed every team in the league survival
I'm guessing the NFL is waiting on Brady's presser till they release anything. Honestly, after all this hoopla, it's a pretty simple explanation really:

- Colts inflated their balls at 13.5 PSI, thus the temperature change dropped it down to 12.5, which is the league approved minimum.
- Patriots inflated their balls at 12.5 PSI, thus the temperature change dropped it down t0 11.5, which is under the league approved minimum.

At halftime, the discrepancy was noticed and correct. Boom done. No harm, no foul, no cheating and no suspension or punishment for the Pats. They can now further elaborate on adjusting the rule in the offseason.
You know, that's a very plausible scenario. We should start creating these PR nightmares for other teams. It is so easy to set up someone with the way the rules are. There are so many ways that things are overlooked that could be placed on a team . it's time to strike back. .let's go with this story

Oh how i want to say a giant **** YOU to every single prick that has blown this out of proportion. I've been banned from forums already over this **** because idiots are clinging to this nonsense story as truth.

Someone get this man a VPN, stat!

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back