Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Should QBs get to throw the ball any way they like it?

• Yes

Votes: 82 70.1%
  • No the ball should be one way for everybody

Votes: 35 29.9%

• Total voters
I've had it with this crap and I have no faith in Goodell's ability to handle this competently. At this point, I wish Belichick would just go off at his press conference and demand a trial by combat.

That would be a great idea until he finds out that the league has chosen JJ Watt as their champion.

To me, the only issue that matters is when the supposed deflation occurred.

If the footballs were submitted to the referees and they examined and approved them, that is completely on the referees. Did the referees test each football with a precise gauge or did they simply give them the once-over? How strictly do the referees test the balls before the game? Why does the NFL not talk about this?

If the footballs were intentionally deflated or manipulated AFTER the referees' examination, then only with this scenario does it become a nefarious scheme. As we are seeing however, there is NO evidence of this.

This is akin to after a championship chess match the loser complaining that the winner didn't use regulation chess pieces. They can't beat us, so let's blame the equipment.

I assume that the NFL will talk about this once the investigation is complete. Officially they've said nothing except that an investigation is occurring, which is the right thing to do. Where they're dropping the ball is on these persistent leaks that certainly seem to be agenda-driven.

Love the idiot Raven players speaking on this.

Baltimore Ravens defensive end Chris Canty said the New England Patriots are "habitual line-steppers" and that the use of underinflated footballs should be dealt with on the same level as players taking steroids or other banned substances.

He would know about this because it seems that the Ravens are "habitual" PED users. Are your teammates habitual line steppers too, Chris?

Ngata, Asa Jackson, Christian Thompson...

If it weren’t for the reputation of Bill Belichick and trumped-up illusions of cheating, this wouldn’t be a big deal. Belichick is known for pushing the envelope and unfortunately for him he coaches in a land of sloppy media vultures that don't care that he would be the first NFL head coach in known history involved in or concerned with the handling of the game balls and not coaching his team. It's possible, therefore it is.

How does Roger Goodell address this while keeping the team owners and NFL fans believing in the game? Coach Belichick said this morning what every NFL head coach would say...the balls aren't one of my concerns on game day. I'm willing to bet we'll learn in the end that the version of the "facts" relating to the ball is in fact pumped more egregiously than any pigskin was last Sunday. Hopefully Roger gets it right by keeping things in perspective and not giving in to the empty-handed torch bearers.

The mob really really really wants to hurt the coach however they can, but unfortunately for them there is no evidence of involvement in any of this. There will be an awe-inspiring feeling of satisfaction for the blood-thirsty to hear the sound of a few dollars exiting a bank account as Goodell announces his decree. But if it isn't kept relative to the modest reality of the effect that this has in the games he's ruling on, he will have screwed up once again...
Grey Ruegamer .......on football by football

If the league finds nothing, the Patriots should demand apologies from the Colts, the Media, and the NFL for allowing this to become the circus it is.

If the league finds nothing, the Patriots should demand apologies from the Colts, the Media, and the NFL for allowing this to become the circus it is.
@Afam what is there to dislike about that post? Or are you just a troll?

Curran is a fool.

I almost always agree with you but have to disagree on this. I don't agree with Curran on that statement but overall think he has been one of the members of the Boston media who didn't join the lynch mob.

I think they need to be called out hard on their behavior, it's as unprofessional as it gets.

LOL! Care to take a guess? Another butthurt troll.
He has about 6 times as many dislikes as likes on messages he's posted. That's a ton of credibility on this forum...

I just don't think the Colts should apologize to the colts for what ? . It's not like the Footballs deflated themselves. I'm not saying the Bill, Brady etc did, but the footballs were deflated wasn't it. The same thing goes for the media. You guys have been disliking my posts all day for no apparent reason, so please let me be. Don't be a hypocrite. I would hate to put you on ignore.
We'd be devastated. I'm begging you, please don't !

The best solution is to win the superbowl in a landslide and stick it to the haters at the podium.If i am a
player i dont know how this doesnt fired me up!!!

Peter King's voice is like torture!

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back