Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Should QBs get to throw the ball any way they like it?

• Yes

Votes: 82 70.1%
  • No the ball should be one way for everybody

Votes: 35 29.9%

• Total voters
But, why would Brady do something so odd on the play before the pass/INT to Gronkowski? What kind of sense would that make?

And even the play to start the 3rd quarter was a pass to LaFell, so I don't understand why anyone would want the ball to be deflated at that moment?

As a matter of fact, I can't really understand why you'd want the balls to have less air to begin with? That's a leap to conclusions that the Patriots and Belichick definitely knew that without a doubt, they'd have a ton of success running the ball. For all they know, the Colts could've come out with 8 in the box.

They are arguing that in the rain, deflation to the football would've provided Brady with a better grip of the ball, thus an advantage over the Colts. I guess it's just .2 points under the legal pressure, so I'm guessing no-one will know the difference, except according to the expert, the QBs on the field, who are obsessed with the feel and slickness of the football.

It's official according to Yahoo Sports:

NFL spokesman Michael Signora confirmed to Yahoo Sports that the league "is looking into the matter."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/deflat...-culture-since-spygate-scandal-080638511.html

Here we go again.

The NFL got suspicious after meeting the Patriots equipment manager.

latest

OK. Now that it seems clear to me that you are simply chasing a conspiracy theory, have fun with this discussion, I am no longer interested in your point of view.

A conspiracy? Cheating in the NFL is not a conspiracy. It's been a proven fact now. That wasn't a conspiracy, just my opinion.

But I agree with your final sentence, and the difference is I'm stating what I said is an opinion while you are passing presumptions and personal opinion as a fact, and prior released information backed by a source, without any credible source. You're attempting to use procedure, as proof of fact in this case, and the moment it was reported otherwise, we were already beyond that.

I guess it's just .2 points under the legal pressure, so I'm guessing no-one will know the difference, except according to the expert, the QBs on the field, who are obsessed with the feel and slickness of the football.

.2 points under the legal pressure... is this something that you actually have heard or something you are speculating about.

They are arguing that in the rain, deflation to the football would've provided Brady with a better grip of the ball, thus an advantage over the Colts. I guess it's just .2 points under the legal pressure, so I'm guessing no-one will know the difference, except according to the expert, the QBs on the field, who are obsessed with the feel and slickness of the football.

It's official according to Yahoo Sports:

NFL spokesman Michael Signora confirmed to Yahoo Sports that the league "is looking into the matter."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/deflat...-culture-since-spygate-scandal-080638511.html

Here we go again.
I'd be willing to watch a very special ESPN episode where any player claiming they can tell .5 of a difference in a football gets tested. I'd put good money down that says they cannot in an actual experiment.

A conspiracy? Cheating in the NFL is not a conspiracy. It's been a proven fact now. That wasn't a conspiracy, just my opinion.

But I agree with your final sentence, and the difference is I'm stating what I said is an opinion while you are passing presumptions and personal opinion as a fact, and prior released information backed by a source, without any credible source. You're attempting to use procedure, as proof of fact in this case, and the moment it was reported otherwise, we were already beyond that.
Nope. I am saying no credible source has given any information that would lead you to believe the league is investigating the Patriots for any violation of anything. You have made up all of the assumptions beyond that. Perhaps they will come out and say that they are going to investigate the Patriots, but no credible source has said so.

What I am curious about is surely the specifications for the pressure of the game balls is the optimum range, taking account of the various uses of the ball. If deflating the ball provides an advantage, why aren't the specifications in that range? It would make no sense for the NFL to mandate that the ball is inflated to a range outside the best performing range of the ball. Therefore there would be no incentive to deflate the ball.

I've been trying to get the 1st half/2nd half stat splits for Brady. Haven't been able to so far.

does anyone have it. I'm pretty sure that alone can put all this nonsense to rest.
I'm bored, so I went through the play-by-play myself:

First half: 11/21, 95 yards, 1 touchdown, 1 interception
Second half: 12/14, 131 yards, 2 touchdowns

Last edited:
Time for Kraft to tell his good buddy the POS commissioner to cut the crap and get this BS over with.

I'd be willing to watch a very special ESPN episode where any player claiming they can tell .5 of a difference in a football gets tested. I'd put good money down that says they cannot in an actual experiment.

You missed it this morning. Tim Hasselback was bragging about how he can tell the difference.

I can see a team inflating the football to the bare minimum by rule.... and to the letter of the rulebook any further natural deflation would be out of their control.

Time for Kraft to tell his good buddy the POS commissioner to cut the crap and get this BS over with.
Won't happen. We'll be left standing with our you-know-what blowing in the wind while speculation runs rampant and becomes fact in the eyes of all the Camera-gate truthers.

Disgusting that i have to hear this crap. They better destroy the seahags.Sick of hearing that we havent won a championship since spygate

According to NBC Sports, "several" abnormal balls were "allegedly removed from gameplay" during the match-up.

This story is probably gonna blow up unfortunately, because it is the Patriots.

Nope. I am saying no credible source has given any information that would lead you to believe the league is investigating the Patriots for any violation of anything. You have made up all of the assumptions beyond that. Perhaps they will come out and say that they are going to investigate the Patriots, but no credible source has said so.

And that's fine. Because as we can both agree, the NFL has simply not stated anything at all on NFL.com. You admittedly have no clue if they are going through procedure just because they go through procedure, or if they are going through procedure because they are suspecting us, as the original claim stated.

However, in this case, when you have an allegation that lists you as a suspect, stating procedure, isn't enough to defend it or clear it.

Argue it all you want, but it's going to need to be defended and cleared officially if the Patriots are to be cleared. Whether that means the NFL is going to come out and state the Patriots are not responsible, or whether they say they are simply going through procedure, it's going to have to come from the NFL.

Disgusting that i have to hear this crap. They better destroy the seahags.Sick of hearing that we havent won a championship since spygate
If we lose to Seattle it'll be because the footballs were regulation according to ESPN and whoever. :confused:

NFL Insider talked about it at 3pm. They said in the first Indy game, "some" of the balls Indy thought there was "something' wrong with so they informed the league. So the league was keeping an eye on the balls yesterday.
Now, if I am the league, why would I wait until the AFC Championship game to check this out.

It seems to me that once one of these so called "reporters" writes something. Every other ****head is given permission to start adding to the rumors.

The league needs to say something immediately before this crap goes any further.

According to NBC Sports, "several" abnormal balls were "allegedly removed from gameplay" during the match-up.

This story is probably gonna blow up unfortunately, because it is the Patriots.

That's all from Florio, so take it with a huge grain of salt.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back