Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Should QBs get to throw the ball any way they like it?

• Yes

Votes: 82 70.1%
  • No the ball should be one way for everybody

Votes: 35 29.9%

• Total voters
Look folks let's be frank. The NFL cheats for the NFL's agenda. Teams cheat for the team's agenda. EVERYBODY cheats, only some get caught or reported. Sometimes they butt heads. So many players are pumped full of steroids and the league and teams go out of their way to cover it up, among many other things. They control every other game with penalties and flags. the NFL doesn't like cheating if it's against their agenda, and takes more control away from the NFL and out of the hands of the refs.

I happen to believe EVERY NFL team and every player cheats. We cheat all the time, like when we purposely hold and try to get away with it and sometimes succeed. Even that by definition, is cheating. Or a flop. You name it. I also happen to believe the NFL knows every team cheats, and a lot of times, how they cheat, when they cheat. I also believe sometimes the NFL waits to pin something on a team at a time whenever it suits their agenda.

BB is known to piss them off....so...this wouldn't surprise me. This could simply be punishment for us using these formations, because of how we are sticking it to the refs and the rest of the NFL.

Just my two cents.

The original source, Bobby Boy, said Patriots were being investigated. Has there been any official info that refuted that or clarified that they are only investigating the deflation of the ball?

That's all I'm wanting to know.

Which is precisely why the NFL should really give some type of statement today, either way.

It doesn't appear that they are in much of a hurry, however.

The original source, Bobby Boy, said Patriots were being investigated. Has there been any official info that refuted that or clarified that they are only investigating the deflation of the ball?

That's all I'm wanting to know.
It's a distinction without a difference.

This is becoming a when did you stop beating your wife story. Thanks to the POS commissioner destroying the tapes and Kraft's submissive response to Cameragate, the Pats are always considered guilty. I bet that the media and opposition fans think that the Pats are the guilty party in tampergate. Its time for Kraft either to stand up for his team or go bimbo chasing full time and turn it over to his son who is still interested in the team.

Someone who takes steroids is doing an action which is directly against the rules.
A center not calling attention to a ball being slightly off is different as he did nothing to make it slightly off and he has no pressure guage. That's what refs are for. They handle the ball. Centers aren't issued pressure Guage by the nfl.

No basis for saying pats are morally culpable for a slightly deflated ball if it was perfectly legal when the refs inspected it. How would the pats know? Where in the rules does it say pats should inspect the ball every play to make sure it's still ok.

For you to equate not realizing a ball Is slightly deflated to taking steroids is ludicrous.

This argument is going in circles.

I'm clearly stating the pretext "if we knew".

You're argument drops all logic and basically boils to this: "If we knew, how would we know?"

Nefarious BB changed the weather, making it cold so that the footballs would be deflated. He is THAT good at cheating.

Could Brady have pierced the ball (in the huddle, I'm assuming) and squeezed out a little air? They will have to prove it, but I don't see how they will.

But, why would Brady do something so odd on the play before the pass/INT to Gronkowski? What kind of sense would that make?

And even the play to start the 3rd quarter was a pass to LaFell, so I don't understand why anyone would want the ball to be deflated at that moment?

As a matter of fact, I can't really understand why you'd want the balls to have less air to begin with? That's a leap to conclusions that the Patriots and Belichick definitely knew that without a doubt, they'd have a ton of success running the ball. For all they know, the Colts could've come out with 8 in the box.

But, why would Brady do something so odd on the play before the pass/INT to Gronkowski? What kind of sense would that make?

And even the play to start the 3rd quarter was a pass to LaFell, so I don't understand why anyone would want the ball to be deflated at that moment?

As a matter of fact, I can't really understand why you'd want the balls to have less air to begin with? That's a leap to conclusions that the Patriots and Belichick definitely knew that without a doubt, they'd have a ton of success running the ball. For all they know, the Colts could've come out with 8 in the box.
The ball stays at the LOS. Brady doesn't handle the ball in the huddle.

For small handed QBs and receivers to better handle the ball. As we know, Brady has large hands and has no issues with grip in bad weather. BB has said this in the past, I believe.

The ref dude on Sportscenter was saying that the refs check the balls prior to the game. Both teams have their separate balls, the QBs and kickers have their own bag of balls and the balls have to be up to certain standards--the standards for kickers and QBs' balls are different--before the game starts. Once the game starts according to this ref, the referees can't feel the difference in pressure, unless it is very obvious, because they don't deal with the ball as much, but the QBs can tell the difference. The refs don't think about ball pressure, during the game, unless it has been brought to their attention. During half time, the original report was the game was stopped because the ball on the field was a QB's ball instead of a kicker's ball. The ref on Sportscenter is now saying that, that wasn't the case. The new rumor is after Brady's INT, the Colts kept the ball and the coach or maybe it was the defensive player, noticed that the ball was different or deflated. These chumps whined to the refs and the refs started checking the game balls, which is what led to the whole game delay after halftime. The NFL is investigating that.

Could Brady have pierced the ball (in the huddle, I'm assuming) and squeezed out a little air? They will have to prove it, but I don't see how they will.

Could it have given the Pats an advantage? Maybe, but not a 38 point advantage, Luck just sucked and his D had no answer for stopping Blount.

Should we lose draft picks over this? Nope. If this has been done before as I've read on here and those teams weren't punished why should we be held to a different standard?

Is this a big deal? It shouldn't be but because this is the Patriots, this story will overshadow the AFC championship game. Funny how the Cleveland cellphone scandal came up and died quicker than it was reported. If it had been New England, Belichick would be ridiculed throughout the remainder the season and offseason.
Cleveland cellphone scandal??? Where have I been?

This argument is going in circles.

I'm clearly stating the pretext "if we knew".

You're argument drops all logic and basically boils to this: "If we knew, how would we know?"
Well what evidence would there be that "we knew"? How would you punish a team for knowingly using a deflated ball when the referees who handle the ball every play and have pressure Guage didn't know.

How would you know that they knew? It's ludicrous. Guilty until proven innocent? It's the referees stated job to know. Not the teams. Teams don't have pressure guages. The nfl doesn't give them one. The nfl does give referees pressure guages. So who's responsibility is it to measure the pressure?

You are ludicrous.

This is becoming a when did you stop beating your wife story. Thanks to the POS commissioner destroying the tapes and Kraft's submissive response to Cameragate, the Pats are always considered guilty. I bet that the media and opposition fans think that the Pats are the guilty party in tampergate. Its time for Kraft either to stand up for his team or go bimbo chasing full time and turn it over to his son who is still interested in the team.

This is where I am most disgusted with Bob Kraft.

He lets this junk ferment like a fine wine and forfeits the discussion to the Easterbrookes and Tomases so that, by time the smoke clears, the Patriots are responsible for 9/11 and Rick Roll videos.

This is where I am most disgusted with Bob Kraft.

He lets this junk ferment like a fine wine and forfeits the discussion to the Easterbrookes and Tomases so that, by time the smoke clears, the Patriots are responsible for 9/11 and Rick Roll videos.

This. I agree with you 100% shmessy. 100%!!!!

I have a new theory If the so called deflated ball was handled by the Colts defense prior to it being turned over to the ref's, what was to stop them from deflating the ball themselves. This is just as plausible as the Pats doing it.

Well what evidence would there be that "we knew"? How would you punish a team for knowingly using a deflated ball when the referees who handle the ball every play and have pressure Guage didn't know.

How would you know that they knew? It's ludicrous. Guilty until proven innocent? It's the referees stated job to know. Not the teams. Teams don't have pressure guages. The nfl doesn't give them one. The nfl does give referees pressure guages. So who's responsibility is it to measure the pressure?

You are ludicrous.

I don't know and at no point did I make the claim that we knew. The point I made, once again, is that if we knew, we are culpable, yes. Common ****ing sense. The issue discussed there was a moral one. Not that it can be proven. After all, even in court, it doesn't matter what you know, it matter what you can prove.

OMG...it was there in front of us the whole time.

Conspiracy.0.jpg

You show me where it says in the rules that if an nfl team is using a bad ball it's on the team. They should have known and they are to be punished unless they grovel and beg and convince a kangaroo court they didn't know.

Dozens of bad balls have been removed this year from what it sounds like. So where are the fines? Cause playing with a referee approved ball that later goes a little flat is like giving your whole team steroids.
Prove you didn't know it was flat.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back