PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Defense emotional; QB Montana-cool...is Brady really a linebacker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: relax boys...

Some intelligent comments from some of the guys here. Kind of funny that some of you get a bit hysterical about me raising a simple question about a trait cited by a professional NFL scout as a possible weakness. Do you kiss the photos of Tommy on your wall too before you go to bed ? I love the guy, best 9 years of football, but I hope he doesn't devolve into Brett Favre meglomania as he enters the prime of his career.

Brady cares about winning....Favre cares about records

Andy, my comment was meant to be a joke. Good grief you guys take things said around here too serious sometimes....:rolleyes:

In all fairness to Andy, people post a lot of crazy stuff way worse than your joke, only they're totally serious (see OP).

In the land of crazies, it's hard to tell who is sane sometimes ;)

And I'm all fired-up for work after watching that link Fixit, thanks :singing:

In all fairness to Andy, people post a lot of crazy stuff way worse than your joke, only they're totally serious (see OP).

Yeah, and the :) helps too. I read the post in question and it definitely could fall into the category of "I can't believe he posted that!" We have to take his word for it that it was intended as a joke, but it certainly was a bad one if it was and all too easy to mistake for "another really dumb comment."

(Manning usually waits and throws his teammates under the bus post-game).

Come on...the guy did it once after a gut-wrenching loss years ago.
I have a patient who's husband played with Manning and says he is the greatest teammate and an absolutely amazing role model for other players and their kids. Supposedly Manning is completely straight-edged and clean.
(that that this has anything to do with the subject of this thread).

I was so mad after Brady led the Patriots to a win over Pittsburgh that I couldn't wait to log on here and rip Brady a new one. Me and my ten friends who are all scouts for NFL teams think he's got real problems when he plays like this in enemy territory when the whole world is predicting a total Patriot rout and destruction by such a great team like the Steelers. For Brady to show up his team and the Steelers by classlessly ripping his teammates for missing assignments is the height of classlessness and as a Patriots fan I am appalled. I sincerely hope I NEVER witness anything like this ever again as a lifetime Patriot fan and I hope somebody in Foxboro shows Brady what class really is and how to lay down and keep his mouth shut and take his beating like a man...because I'm a lifelong Pats fan and my friends are NFL scouts and I'm a knower of things.:bricks:

Last edited:
Come on...the guy did it once after a gut-wrenching loss years ago.
I have a patient who's husband played with Manning and says he is the greatest teammate and an absolutely amazing role model for other players and their kids. Supposedly Manning is completely straight-edged and clean.
(that that this has anything to do with the subject of this thread).

Sorry, but Peyton Manning did it just last year after the SB... He threw Reggie Wayne under the bus for the Tracey Porter interception. Manning does not take responsibility for his actions on the field. It's either the fault of the O-line or the Receiver or someone else. Never his...

Incredible. Tom should have quit on this fan base while he was ahead... 'Cause now he's dammed if he do and slammed if he don't...

What he said ^^^^^^

Give me an emotional leader any day of the week. The cool head is the coach.....:rocker:

What he said ^^^^^^

Give me an emotional leader any day of the week. The cool head is the coach.....:rocker:

Emotions are fine, it's football, not an office park.

But I also don't get the feeling this was just a venting speech he gave. From what BB said about how TFB interacts with his teammates, I bet there was a lot of substance about what had to be done. This to me is what separates Brady's actions from Manning: Walking off the field shaking your head or visibly gesturing what you thought the receiver was supposed to do doesn't help; sitting the guys down as a group and saying, "look, you guys have to do this and this and this" does.

Sorry, but Peyton Manning did it just last year after the SB... He threw Reggie Wayne under the bus for the Tracey Porter interception. Manning does not take responsibility for his actions on the field. It's either the fault of the O-line or the Receiver or someone else. Never his...

That simply isn't true. Manning did not throw Wayne "under the bus" last year; you're probably thinking of ESPN.

The only time Manning has publicly called out teammates is the O-line/protection comment years ago, but it's gotten endless traction here...

I agree and well taken. It's good to know someone knows where I am coming from around here at patsfans.com, but hey everyone is entitled to their opinions, and I respect that. :)

That simply isn't true. Manning did not throw Wayne "under the bus" last year; you're probably thinking of ESPN.

The only time Manning has publicly called out teammates is the O-line/protection comment years ago, but it's gotten endless traction here...

cough...Vanderjagt...cough...brappppp

Last edited:
The cliches were flying last night as usual with the "Brady really fired up his team" comments. Does anyone really think it is beneficial to have your QB hollering at the O line and backs in the middle of the game? Anyone remember seeing Montana, Favre, Manning or Brees doing this as often as Brady does in recent games. (Manning usually waits and throws his teammates under the bus post-game).

Not saying a QB shouldn't yell on occasion but to me the prototype QB will always be a cool-headed dude. And Tommy, when he has a horrible game like in Cleveland, is noticeably more subdued. How can you yell when you are just sucking out the game? I prefer an even keel from my million dollar leader. There was an AFC scout who did some anonymous commentary for one of the papers in the playoffs, and I recall his interesting remark that Brady's temper is a surprising weakness in the otherwise best set of QB skills in the league.

C'mon,now. Even keel? Weakness? Anonymous scout? Is this Tony Dungy? Perhaps they should all meditate together on the sidelines between offensive series?

C'mon,now. Even keel? Weakness? Anonymous scout? Is this Tony Dungy? Perhaps they should all meditate together on the sidelines between offensive series?

Dungy probably believes meditation is of the devil.

I only have one thing more to add.

09000d5d81c21e70_gallery_600.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case