PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dear Bill: Some mediot from ESPN wants to introduce you to the unbeatable Tony Romo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Dear Bill: Some mediot from ESPN wants to introduce you to the unbeatable Tony R

i think there are only 2 places in the world where a QB can throw 5 INTs, fumble once, throw 2-3 more passes that fell into and out of Bills hands , have a 58% completion percentage and still have people talk about how great he is.

Indy is one and dallas would be the other.

Re: Dear Bill: Some mediot from ESPN wants to introduce you to the unbeatable Tony R

This writer made me laugh. 21 points off of defense ST's and 3 points from Buffalo's offense.. Please do that to us and see if Romo is still a survivor. The score would probably be like 86-7 with our offense with Brady taking a breather on the sidelines the whole second 1/2.

Last edited:

And he doesn't realize you can't be bothered watching MNF on ESPN...and you could give two ****s about an ESPN mediots assessment.

Some excerpts:

BUFFALO -- Dear Bill Belichick:

Unless you were busy cutting hoodie sleeves or had an appointment with Q to receive the latest UHF pen transmitter for your next spy mission, I'm guessing you watched Monday night's Dallas Cowboys-Buffalo Bills game.

Tony Romo was under pressure all night, but still had enough to win in Buffalo.

You saw what he did against Buffalo. Romo was beyond terrible. He threw not one, not two, not three, but five interceptions. And it could have been six, maybe seven INTs if the Bills' defenders didn't have anvils for hands. Plus, he fumbled once.

But I bet you leaned forward in your chair to see how he'd handle those six turnovers, an eight-point deficit with 24 seconds remaining, and a hostile crowd that about six hours earlier had egged the Cowboys' team buses as they drove single file down Abbott Road toward Ralph Wilson Stadium. Plus, he had a national "Is It Monday Yet'' TV audience watching the whole thing.

... Romo must have reminded you of your boy Brady. Hook him up to an EKG during the last two crucial drives and Romo would have flatlined. When it mattered most, he was stressed the least.

But Romo completed nine of 11 passes on a touchdown drive that pulled the Cowboys to within two points with 20 seconds left to play. Then, when the Cowboys somehow recovered the ensuing onside kick, he drove Dallas just close enough for rookie Nick Folk to kick the 53-yard game-winner not once (the first one was nullified by a Bills timeout), but twice.

"Wow,'' said Phillips.

Wow, said Belichick?

Romo's teammates knew you were watching this game. Even without cheating with a sideline video cameraman, you're one of the game's best at identifying tendencies and weaknesses. So of course you saw Romo's tendency to throw into cleverly designed Bills pass coverages. You saw his inability to identify those coverages. And you saw him commit mistake after mistake.

But he regrouped. He held himself and his team together. And he won.

Cowboys coaches and teammates adore this guy. When someone asked Phillips if he ever considered benching Romo after his fifth interception (an apparent game killer with less than six minutes left to play), the coach said, "Well, he didn't throw six …''

"I think the biggest thing they saw is this kid never gives up,'' Witten said. "He's a fighter, a winner. That's what he's about. I think Belichick knows that. I think the whole league knows that. If they didn't, tonight was a great way to show it.''

I'm sure you'll devise some defenses to mess with Romo's mind, and you'll do it with a better secondary than the patchwork (but tough) group the Bills were forced to use. That's your specialty.

But don't underestimate Romo. If nothing else he is a survivor. He survived North/Eastern Illinois. He survived being a no-name free agent. He survived the depth chart wars. He survived Bill Parcells. And Monday night he survived six turnovers.

You and the Patriots are next. So the question becomes: Are you ready for some Romo? Because I guarantee Romo will be ready for you.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&id=3055891&sportCat=nfl

this whole article is stupid.

He should get credit. Most guys would've folded.

No QB goes his entire career without games like that, but Romo didn't give up. That's a positive trait, one that would be lauded to no end if it was Brady making the comeback.

In my opinion, Romo and the boys didn't "win" it, the Bills lost it. Bills scored 3 offensive points.

He should get credit. Most guys would've folded.

No QB goes his entire career without games like that, but Romo didn't give up. That's a positive trait, one that would be lauded to no end if it was Brady making the comeback.

He gets a tiny bit of the credit for not totally CRAPPING HIMSELF at the end. Wow. Congrats. I don't see how you can say "Most guys would've folded" with a straight face. This is positively IDIOTIC.

He gets a tiny bit of the credit for not totally CRAPPING HIMSELF at the end. Wow. Congrats. I don't see how you can say "Most guys would've folded" with a straight face. This is positively IDIOTIC.

most guys would have folded, it shows resolve. and thats one test he has past with flying colors. everyone will have a game like that. getting back on the horse and showing your metal isn't something every guy does.

most guys would have folded, it shows resolve. and thats one test he has past with flying colors. everyone will have a game like that. getting back on the horse and showing your metal isn't something every guy does.

let me put this as succinctly as i can, romo sucked and buffalo blew that game. and it's mettle not metal.

your the guy who assumes your defense was the fault of any lack of offense by the other team, and that your offense was the cause for any lack of defense by the other team. only that could arrive you at the decision that buffulo lost that game. our defense has played great, and it had atleast something to do with their not scoring on offense, and i believe it was the cowboys who drove down the field to score, then recovered the onside kick, then made 2 kicks to WIN the game.. there's 60 minutes of football, and whoever is leading when they are gone, is the winner, thats the game we play. we won that game, unless it was a bill who kicked the game winner for us.. you would have rejoiced in all that is brady if he had had a terrible day and led the team back for the win.
now let me put is succinctly for you.. you are a clown.

Personally I think this guy is dead on, and we shouldn't even bother playing the starters. I mean why risk them getting injured by Romo tackling them? And with Romo returning kicks we might as well just get out of his way, meanwhile Romo will become the first ever kicker to score a Field Goal on the opening kickoff.

he could and espn would still just tell us about how tom brady helped do giselle's nails. while the son from the chick he got pregnant and bailed on will grow up without a father. what a great guy!

he could and espn would still just tell us about how tom brady helped do giselle's nails. while the son from the chick he got pregnant and bailed on will grow up without a father. what a great guy!

Taking this tack in an argument is the mark of a weak case, not to mention a weak mind.

Your defense has played great against 5 teams who have struggled to get out of their own way on offense. While the teams we've played may have struggled as well, at least with the exception of Buffalo they had some semblance of an offense before and in some cases after encountering us.

If Buffalo's coaches don't screw up and pass on the long FG before the half and instead let their Pro Bowl punter do his job and pin you deep in your own zone with 35 seconds left in the half, or if they don't mishandle their rookie QB rather than take the gimme FG to go up 11, or if the zebras call Roy's flagrant horse collar or the late hit that accompanied it, or if they simply take more than 2 seconds off the clock when it is reset following the ruling that the pass to TO was incomplete, not to mention had they practiced situational football and remotely covered onside kicks last week, you lose by more than 2 scores and Romo doesn't even get a shot at redemption meaning he'd be the goat of the week rather than a overhyped media darling he's being painted as this week.

your the guy who assumes your defense was the fault of any lack of offense by the other team, and that your offense was the cause for any lack of defense by the other team. only that could arrive you at the decision that buffulo lost that game. our defense has played great, and it had atleast something to do with their not scoring on offense, and i believe it was the cowboys who drove down the field to score, then recovered the onside kick, then made 2 kicks to WIN the game.. there's 60 minutes of football, and whoever is leading when they are gone, is the winner, thats the game we play. we won that game, unless it was a bill who kicked the game winner for us.. you would have rejoiced in all that is brady if he had had a terrible day and led the team back for the win.
now let me put is succinctly for you.. you are a clown.
you are the clown...let's see Romo throw 5 picks and fumble one away and see what the score is then...I can give u a clue...it will NOT be close..

Taking this tack in an argument is the mark of a weak case, not to mention a weak mind.

Your defense has played great against 5 teams who have struggled to get out of their own way on offense. While the teams we've played may have struggled as well, at least with the exception of Buffalo they had some semblance of an offense before and in some cases after encountering us.

If Buffalo's coaches don't screw up and pass on the long FG before the half and instead let their Pro Bowl punter do his job and pin you deep in your own zone with 35 seconds left in the half, or if they don't mishandle their rookie QB rather than take the gimme FG to go up 11, or if the zebras call Roy's flagrant horse collar or the late hit that accompanied it, or if they simply take more than 2 seconds off the clock when it is reset following the ruling that the pass to TO was incomplete, not to mention had they practiced situational football and remotely covered onside kicks last week, you lose by more than 2 scores and Romo doesn't even get a shot at redemption meaning he'd be the goat of the week rather than a overhyped media darling he's being painted as this week.

you attack my arguments, (and there was a reason i separated the two post, one was the argument.(i noticed you wouldn't mention it)) then you say if this had happened.. if that had happened... your argument is awesome there guy..
if you and the refs hadn't cheated the raiders with the tuck rule, you wouldn't have ever been considered a dynasty, if you hadn't been caught cheating the rest of America might still consider you a dynasty.. ifs have no place in an argument. and neither do you.

Last edited:

you are the clown...let's see Romo throw 5 picks and fumble one away and see what the score is then...I can give u a clue...it will NOT be close..

never did i say the bills were better then the pats, nor did i say we could make the same mistakes against you, and still win, i don't think either of those things.

i don't think tony romo will have a bad day sunday either. infact, i know that he needs to have a good day to win. but make no mistake you are going to be in for a tough game sunday, the colts came in last year the same way you have, undefeated(9-0), ****y, no thought to the possibility of a loss. high on their QB(who is better then brady will EVER be.), and no idea what was coming.

Last edited:

you attack my arguments, (and there was a reason i separated the two post, one was the argument.(i noticed you wouldn't mention it)) then you say if this had happened.. if that had happened... your argument is awesome there guy..
if you and the refs hadn't cheated the raiders with the tuck rule, you wouldn't have ever been considered a dynasty, if you hadn't been caught cheating the rest of America might still consider you a dynasty.. ifs have no place in an argument. and neither do you.

All you have is weakness. The tuck rule, like it or not, was and still is in effect. Pat's fans knew this since it was called against us earlier that season. Funny thing about multiple Lombardi's, you can't rescind them. We are a dynasty, just like the juiced up steel curtain was. And we have plenty of time left to amass one for the thumb, if not more.

Go home little cowboy troll. NFC trolls are as out of their league on AFC boards as their teams are on the field.

your about to play the last TRUE dynasty. and win or lose, the cowboys are, and will allways be greater then the cheatriots. we are america's team and you are the cheaters of the NFL, that is what you will forever be known for.

your about to play the last TRUE dynasty. and win or lose, the cowboys are, and will allways be greater then the cheatriots. we are america's team and you are the cheaters of the NFL, that is what you will forever be known for.

That's enough. I have to butt in here. That is about the most hypocritical thing you can say with what Jimmy Johnson revealed. You are the fing tool. You totally ignore the fact that signal stealing is not only long standing but widespread through out the league. Sure you can find comfort among the nation of jealous excuse makers because thay are no better than you. I hear weak dumb azz arguments, well it was legal at the time, well the Patriots were caught cheating using high teck, blah, blah, blah. The majority rules, huh? Signal stealing goes on today. Try and separate the legal from the illegal and then use that to stand on your moral high ground that your team is fair and honest. You and your nation of anti-Patriot cool aid drinkers are too dishonest to admit the truth. Sure the Patriots may have learned something that helped them in plays from those tapes. Well how many plays were the Pats hurt by by the surveilance they were under from the teams watching them, by whatever means? People are either stupid, or blind or just choose to ignore the fact that their teams do the same damn thing from the coaches booth, from thye sidelines from the sstand from wherever

Question: Why did the Bill's coaches cover their mouths with their clip baords Monday night? Do they have bad breath or do they know they were under surveilance from the cowboys sideline and coaches booth? Why did the Bills have more than one signal caller giving signs? was it to confuse their own defense or was it to throw off the cowboys? If you are honest you'll see that each team steals signals to gain the advantage of the other. If you are a liar yuo'll say the aPats are the only "cheaters" and therefore their dynasty should be stripped. Which are you

never did i say the bills were better then the pats, nor did i say we could make the same mistakes against you, and still win, i don't think either of those things.

i don't think tony romo will have a bad day sunday either. infact, i know that he needs to have a good day to win. but make no mistake you are going to be in for a tough game sunday, the colts came in last year the same way you have, undefeated(9-0), ****y, no thought to the possibility of a loss. high on their QB(who is better then brady will EVER be.), and no idea what was coming.

The Colts were missing their lynchpin safety that day and Manning while throwing 2 TD's uncharacteristically had twice as many turnovers as Romo. Romo didn't have a good day that day either (0-1-1), Manning just had an abyssmal one by his standards. Belichick coached teams never overlook an opponent as your team apparently just did on Monday night. If anyone's ****y it's a Cowboys team and their giddy management who apparently thinks barely winning a 6 turnover game against one of the least competitive teams in the league is something to celebrate and smile about. And their delusional fans who have been waiting for "America's Team" to win anything for almost a decade now who are desperate enough to agree.

Dallas has no idea what's coming Sunday. It's not some NFC pretender or the Buffalo Bills. We'll still be a dynasty on Monday, but fanboy Cowboy trolls will likely be nowhere to be found. Romo was hot out of the gate last year too, and he and his team faded badly down the stretch.

The real test of dynasties is spanning time. The Cowboys had a nice little 6 year run winning 3 Lombardy's (two of which came under an admitted video sign stealer...). After that they fell off the friggin' map to the point of irrelevance as a penchant for players with lots of actually criminal :eek: character flaws caught up with them. 1 playoff wildcard victory in the last 10 years. Haven't won your own division in 8 years. Brady and Manning have several more elite and dominant seasons in them which leads me to believe no NFC team, let alone one led by a ****eyed optimist, is going to win a Superbowl in the forseeable future.

Parcells told Romo if you're gonna turn the ball over you better be able to hang. I'm sure he also told him if you don't learn not to you aren't gonna win the kind of games that allow you to hang for long.

Any judgement you may make on Manning being better than Brady is lost by your Romo>Brady Sig.

Idiot Troll.

I'm sure BB is quaking in his boots at the prospect of Tony Romo. He probably is losing sleep gameplanning, but the NFC's version of Ben Rothlesburger complete with the cool backwards hat look isn't the reason for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents