PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dean Pees: Belichick only spent 45 mins per week with Defense; rest of time w/ Brady on opp Defense

You were trying to break some news from a podcast -- which is very appreciated -- but kinda ended up burying the lede. That is nobody's fault but yours big guy.

Next time mention the most important nugget of information in your write-up and don't blame others for coming to differing conclusions based on your flawed write up.

This is getting ridiculous. You made a simple assumption. I clarified it right away with a quote. This should've been a non-issue, as there was nothing even remotely argumentative in my initial response to your reply. Yet, you respond in such a condescending fashion; as if it were a personal criticism, and your had to fire back with a criticism of your own, to "win" a non-argument....

luuked: "Which would have been an interesting nugget to mention in the first post. You gave no further context than talking about 45min spend with the defense. My mistake."

No joke. How do you expect someone to respond to this? You are starting an argument over *nothing*. You cynically write the phrase "my mistake" as if you are responding to an implied criticism that I made of your post...there was none. You argue as if my post - on a message board - didn't follow the ethics of journalism; or whatever laughable pretext you are clinging to. Please stop. Your issue has nothing to do with my post. I also really don't care that you read the title and jumped to a conclusion. See, that's how a message-board works. It's a discussion. But the part I do care about? It's you acting like a passive-aggressive jerk when someone simply clarified the assumption you made...

Really, this brings a whole new context to the phrase "When you assume, you make an ass out of you and me."

Who was worse at DC:

Dean Pees or Eric Mangini?
Pees...Manjudas' 2005 defense was playing much better at the end of the season & POs than it had been at the beginning of the season, when they were scrambling to find replacements for Bruschi, Ted Johnson & Ty Law...
Damn shame the offense (& criminally incompetent zebras) pissed away the game in Denver vs Jake the Fake's donkeys; I would've taken my chances vs Sh!tsdirt in Foxborough for the AFCC...
Pees' defenses OTOH never really seemed to improve during the course of the season, but maybe that's just the way I remember them...

Last edited:
Pees...Manjudas' 2005 defense was playing much better at the end of the season & POs than it had been at the beginning of the season, when they were scrambling to find replacements for Bruschi, Ted Johnson & Ty Law...
Damn shame the offense (& criminally incompetent zebras) pissed away the game in Denver vs Jake the Fake's donkeys; I would've taken my chances vs Sh!tsdirt in Foxborough for the AFCC...
Pees' defenses OTOH never really seemed to improve during the course of the season, but maybe that's just the way I remember them...
It will always be a mystery to me how the 2005 and 2006 Broncos defenses had Brady's number. Besides the Giants D, those defenses were the only one's who got into Brady's head the most. I've never seen him so frustrated as the Broncos ran the short lived "11 up" D which confused the s*** out of Brady. I'll always remember Brady so confused, he started visibly counting the amount of players the Broncos had up at the line of scrimmage as if he couldn't believe what he was seeing. And it's amazing how it got shredded one week later by a 2nd year QB.

Defense had a great game plan and stifled the Broncos run game, but eventually cracked due to the Offense not being able to execute.

Pats would've handled Pittsburgh at home.

2007 Pats D were in a position to take over the Super Bowl with the amount of opportunities the Giants Offense were trying to give them. People are looking at Eli Manning in a totally different light had the Pats D took advantage of those opportunities. Eli was atrocious until the final drive. I can't remember if it was Offense or special teams, but Pierre Woods clearly recovered the fumble before Bradshaw ripped it away on the ground. The fact the refs ignored that is unacceptable. Putting 19-0 to the side, that was still the most frustrating game I've ever watched.

Last edited:

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back