PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dean Pees: Belichick only spent 45 mins per week with Defense; rest of time w/ Brady on opp Defense

Is it unreasonable to think that a defensive minded coach, BB, would spend time with the offense every week?? He understood defenses as well as anyone...

Over the years we have seen a transition of who and how BB selects players, do you all remember the days of Troy as a two way player, Tiquan Underwood etc???

Dean left the Pats in 2009, 11 seasons ago.. consider the source.

I don't really believe this. It simply makes no sense. I'm sure he spent time with both units. But he isn't going to step on McDaniels toes to such a degree.
Do you not remember the visuals of SB 42, when the camera would show Bill on the sideline talking to the defense - again - while his offensive offense was suffering yet another 3 and out - again? He looked totally out-of-touch clueless...

Bill absolutely should've spent/should now spend more time on the sideline talking to the offense...

Nah. I don't buy it.

Dean Pees got fired.
Axe to grind much, perhaps?

I don't like the fact the Belichick fired me, so here's how it really went. Belichick, the defensive mastermind behind the NY Giants, is a puppet for Tom Brady's brilliance.

Here is Belichick & Brady in '09 (that was his last year with the Pats)

Sorry but ain't buying it. He obviously met with Brady about stuff but no way it was 90%

This is not true. Junior Seau changed the call. Rodney Harrison talked about this in an interview.

Dean Pees later came out and said that as defensive coordinator of the Ravens his all-out blitz of Kaepernick on the last play of SB47 was the same play he called on the Plaxico TD. Someone's lying...

I don’t buy that for a moment. From the 09 Football Life we saw that Bill and Brady got together to watch film each week. No way was it even close to 90%. We’ve heard from defensive players like Bruschi and others that Bill was very hands on with the D. Pees is full of sh!t.

The less time my boss spends with me the better. Means I'm doing my job well.

Dean Pees made sure to keep a distance of at least 10 yards between himself and Belichick at all times.

Uh, pretty sure it was mentioned in the podcast itself....which you didn't listen to.

Either way, this doesn't make the incorrect assumption that you jumped to any less incorrect. You didn't ask if was for 6 years. Or check. You assumed. That's on you, not me. So, please stop trying to nitpick other people's posts in reaction to when your own thought process leads to responses that are far more lazy.

You were trying to break some news from a podcast -- which is very appreciated -- but kinda ended up burying the lede. That is nobody's fault but yours big guy.

Next time mention the most important nugget of information in your write-up and don't blame others for coming to differing conclusions based on your flawed write up.

Belichick was mainly an offensive coach. I designed the defense. Belichick would come over for like 10 minutes and just say, "Good, good."

--Dean Pees everyone

It's funny because ge doesn't realize the Pats D was bad and he's admitting the DBs 10 yards off the line of scrimmage all the time was all Dean Pees

Who was worse at DC:

Dean Pees or Eric Mangini?

That 45 min per week was on the sidelines during game day :rofl:

Seriously! Half the time when Brady was on the field Bill didn't even watch the offense and instead chewed out the linebackers.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back