PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dean Pees: Belichick only spent 45 mins per week with Defense; rest of time w/ Brady on opp Defense

Shockt327

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score

Ok, so, I don't intend this to be a Brady vs Belichick argument; because I don't think any one person "made" the other, but.....

What!?!?!?

I'm stunned to hear this about Belichick. Especially since, on game day, you'd always see Bill talking to the defensive players on the sidelines after a series. You really don't see him doing that with the O.

Also, you can listen to the entire podcast with Dean Pees, it was good. But that part was by far the most stunning aspect.

That 45 min per week was on the sidelines during game day :rofl:

I am sure the amount of time spent with units varies depending on what BB considered the biggest needs in every season.

Sometimes he'd be essentially the DC, other times he'd let his coaches just run the entire show and focus on other aspects.

I doubt very much that this 45min / rest of the week split is representative of his entire tenure.

I am sure the amount of time spent with units varies depending on what BB considered the biggest needs in every season.

Sometimes he'd be essentially the DC, other times he'd let his coaches just run the entire show and focus on other aspects.

I doubt very much that this 45min / rest of the week split is representative of his entire tenure.

Dude, Listen to the full podcast @ 32:39...

"When I was there, six years total....he spent 90 percent of his time with Tom Brady."

• I Don't Agree
Reactions: PP2
Yeah...makes a lot of sense for the HC to spend 90% of his time with one player.

It's an interesting admission but I don't really see the relevance. The issue on defense right now isn't coaching; it's personnel, injuries, and opt-outs.

What is the point of Pees saying this ?? Pees was the mediocre DC here who always had corners play 10-15 yards off the line of scrimmage. Could never make a 3rd down stop. Could never stop a TE. He also totally played Chung wrong at free safety instead of as strong safety in the box. Dean Pees was mediocre and a terrible DC for the Patriots.

Dude, Listen to the full podcast @ 32:39...

"When I was there, six years total....he spent 90 percent of his time with Tom Brady."

Which would have been an interesting nugget to mention in the first post. You gave no further context than talking about 45min spend with the defense. My mistake.

It's an interesting admission but I don't really see the relevance. The issue on defense right now isn't coaching; it's personnel, injuries, and opt-outs.

He's doing a podcast on his career as a football coach; it has nothing to do with the 2020 Patriots.

Which would have been an interesting nugget to mention in the first post. You gave no further context than talking about 45min spend with the defense. My mistake.

I literally listed it in the title :

Dean Pees: Belichick only spent 45 mins per week with Defense; rest of time w/ Brady on opp Defense

It was also in the 2min podcast clip...

I don't really believe this. It simply makes no sense. I'm sure he spent time with both units. But he isn't going to step on McDaniels toes to such a degree.

I literally listed it in the title :

It was also in the 2min podcast clip...

The most important part is literally nowhere to be seen until you mention it in a reply. The fact that he is talking about all six years.

The most important part is literally nowhere to be seen until you mention it in a reply. The fact that he is talking about all six years.

Uh, pretty sure it was mentioned in the podcast itself....which you didn't listen to.

Either way, this doesn't make the incorrect assumption that you jumped to any less incorrect. You didn't ask if was for 6 years. Or check. You assumed. That's on you, not me. So, please stop trying to nitpick other people's posts in reaction to when your own thought process leads to responses that are far more lazy.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back