PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deadspin:Patriots Brandon Meriweather Allegedly involved in shooting of two men

Status
Not open for further replies.
My favorite Jack was when you eviscerated that Russian guy to get the SIM chip he swallowed in a futile attempt to conceal it. Well played!

Nothing tops the Syed Ali interrogation scenes.

What a dip****. Well... cant say we didnt know this was a possibility when they drafted him. He came draped with red flags from the very begining. :bricks:

I can see that you thoroughly read through this thread.

My favorite Jack was when you eviscerated that Russian guy to get the SIM chip he swallowed in a futile attempt to conceal it. Well played!

Got any old Kim photos with the mountain lion you can share with us?

I do have to say, as big of a prick as he sometimes was, I did feel some measure of guilt at having to kill Ryan Chappelle.

As for Kim, she deserves whatever she gets for thinking it a wise proposition to shack up in the middle of the woods with Johnny Drama.

Last edited:
Sounds like he is lucky he didnt get shot himself

Twitter / Jeff Howe

I've obtained the incident report from the Feb. 28 shooting, and Brandon Meriweather's name is not on it.
Anywhere.

Also, for those that missed it, here is an eyewitness account of the incident. Granted it is from a relative of Meriweather's but according to his statement not only was Meriweather not the shooter, but he himself almost got shot - and he names who the shooter was.

Relative says Brandon Meriweather was trying to break up fight - Boston.com sports news

Twitter / Jeff Howe

Also, for those that missed it, here is an eyewitness account of the incident. Granted it is from a relative of Meriweather's but according to his statement not only was Meriweather not the shooter, but he himself almost got shot - and he names who the shooter was.

Relative says Brandon Meriweather was trying to break up fight - Boston.com sports news
It's funny how resisting the urge to comment on something until more information starts to present itself can lead to "Meriweather gangsta shooter" to "Meriweather gangland redeemer".

If the notion that Meriweather was attempting to break up the fight and be the voice of reason some people sure owe him an apology.

Now, if only he could transfer that use of logic to the angles he takes on the field...

The truth will never come out now. Nobody is going to talk to the police and identify who the shooter was. Dont snitch. Thats the code.

The Attorney broke the story and fingered Meriweather because somebody told the him that Meriweather was the guy. Now selective amnesia has set in. Why would people accuse Meriweather for no reason?

The whole thing smells bad and if nothing comes out of this Meriweather still needs to go.

The whole thing smells bad and if nothing comes out of this Meriweather still needs to go.

I'd be just as happy no matter what happens to him here. If BB thinks he can contribute on the field (leads our secondary in turnovers since he's been here), and obviously feels as though he can help the team win, then I'm great with that. If BB thinks he is a bit of a loose cannon at times, doesn't listen well enough, and is too much of a free-lancer, then I'm good with that too.

IF he is cleared, and only gets a 1-2 game suspension for invloving himself with the wrong people and places, I'd say I'd probably rather have the option to keep him here one last year at a reasonable price. That would at least give us the option of someone else stepping up, and leave us strong and deep at a supposed position of strength. We may end up with a 3rd/4th rd compensation pick anyway at the end of next season when he's a FA, which is likely what we'd get if we traded him anyway. So, to bottom line it--I'm still holding out hope that he is cleared, and stays this last year. It gives the front office another year to replace the lost depth and talent, and he can leave after this one last year.

I do not imagine they'd ever really come to terms with him anyway, even IF they wanted to keep him long term, which I'm guessing they probably don't. That doesn't mean that he couldn't be of use in the next year, and that we should run and dump him for nothing, as some will suggest.

The truth will never come out now. Nobody is going to talk to the police and identify who the shooter was. Dont snitch. Thats the code.
Yes, that is the code but another person has been named as the shooter.

The Attorney broke the story and fingered Meriweather because somebody told the him that Meriweather was the guy. Now selective amnesia has set in. Why would people accuse Meriweather for no reason?
Actually the person who broke the story was Dan Sileo. He's a former football player that is now a sports talk radio host. Higher ratings are certainly a possible motive. Sileo also has a long history of embellishing and flat out fabricating things.

Another possible motive is $. Morgan is a personal injury lawyer; he gets paid to extract money for wrongful injuries. It's not out of the realm of possibility that Meriweather was targeted by the two injured people because he has money.

As for the lawyer he could have been unavailable for comment or had no comment. His motive for talking about it could simply be a whole lot of free advertising for his firm.

I would say that Meriweather showed poor judgement for being there in the first place. However, I would also say that it may be worth having some patience before rushing to judgement.

Here is a copy of the Sheriff's Incident Report for anybody interested:
PDF of Incident Report

As for Sileo, a couple of links of interest on him:
Radio host may not be all he claims
Tampa Bay rumors get radio host suspended | ProFootballTalk

Good point. That son of a ***** had no right partying with friends and family. What's he going to try next, a trip to Disney?

Why, this sort of thing might lead these athletes to believe they are human beings, with rights and everything!

Good point. That son of a ***** had no right partying with friends and family. What's he going to try next, a trip to Disney?

Why, this sort of thing might lead these athletes to believe they are human beings, with rights and everything!

I agree, imagine a young single (?) guy wanting to go to a party at someone's house. Why would he want to do that?

Too bad, though. I was for trading him now while his pro bowl sheen overinflates his market value. He has football issues and i can see a big ego, big money headache.

Probably forget about that deal now.

I would say that Meriweather showed poor judgement for being there in the first place. However, I would also say that it may be worth having some patience before rushing to judgement.

So, now it's poor judgement to hang out with family? Seriously?

Sorry, but the only poor judgement was shown by the imbecile who drew the gun and ended up shooting his buddy.

Nick Kaczur says hello. :rolleyes:

$$$$$ = "reason."

IBBIT.

Even if BM did it, there is no way they are "snitching" on the Extended Family breadwinner. Let's see who owned the gun if it was legal. Someone has to get arrested though.

I agree, imagine a young single (?) guy wanting to go to a party at someone's house. Why would he want to do that?

Too bad, though. I was for trading him now while his pro bowl sheen overinflates his market value. He has football issues and i can see a big ego, big money headache.

Probably forget about that deal now.

yeah same hopefully he is shown just to be there with his family. I too wanted to sell high with merriweather even tho i think he's a good enough safety to keep round. We have cover in page and sanders.

yeah same hopefully he is shown just to be there with his family. I too wanted to sell high with merriweather even tho i think he's a good enough safety to keep round. We have cover in page and sanders.

He's not very bright, or mature IMO and i can see his ego blowing up like a balloon at contract time with the pro bowl mentions.

Also, he's very athletic, but is he a great safety in terms of being in the right place at the right time? I'd say that's questionable.

We've got a good young corps and i think he could be replaced, safety isn't one of those impossible to fill positions.

I'm sorry, I didn't see the rule that said I cannot claim to be straight, especially in the context of my preference of getting raped over shot in the head. I tried to PM this to you but I don't have enough posts. Sorry for the thread derailing, I'm done.

No need to apologize..... made me laugh :rocker:

Also made me think of KG in the shower. (also nh)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes