PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

David Pollack out for the year

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Gr8est

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
ESPN just reported that David Pollack has a broken vertibrae in his neck/shoulder. That really sucks. He was a guy a lot of us were hoping the Pats would draft as a Bruschi clone. Hope he has a full recovery.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2593330

Last edited:
hope he's okay, but if he had to get hurt, I'm glad it happened before we play them.

Broken neck...pretty grusome. I hope he's ok.

this is sad on two notes

obv the first because this is an injury that will affect him the rest of his life
i've got concussions, bulging discs, in football yrs ago and still have to deal with the headaches etc
this is much worse so i can only imagine what he'll live through

also, it really hurts the bengals defense, esp considering dexter jackson will be out for at least a week

i became a bengal fan a few yrs ago when marvin lewis went there, and was one who predicted their rise, so theyre jus one of those teams i like to watch other than the pats, and this inj will def hurt their d

Atlanta sports talk radio reported that Pollack could either have surgery to return to a non-football life or have a surgery on his broken neck with a remote possibility that he could try to come back. He picked the latter. Much sadness in their reporting as he's a local Atlanta kid who played at UGA and is loved by all.

And we Pats fans are complaining our 2-0 team has under achieved? Let's count our blessings.

Patriotic said:
Atlanta sports talk radio reported that Pollack could either have surgery to return to a non-football life or have a surgery on his broken neck with a remote possibility that he could try to come back. He picked the latter. Much sadness in their reporting as he's a local Atlanta kid who played at UGA and is loved by all.

And we Pats fans are complaining our 2-0 team has under achieved? Let's count our blessings.

Very well said.
So sad that it had to be said.

In the context of NBA and MLB salaries,
we shouldn't begrudge these kids even a dollar they manage to eke out of
this violent sport that so transfixes us all.

My prayers for his return to health.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe