PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dave Meggett has officially become the former Patriot I am most ashamed of

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyhow, it seems as if Meggett is headed to jail for a good long time. Even if he pleads these down to minor crimes, something is apt to stick as a parole violation.

Meggett is a stain to all three franchises.

Meggett is a stain on the Patriots? I think you are being a little dramatic.

And like I posted earlier, nobody considers Meggett a Patriot anyway. Yes, of course I know he played in N.E., but he'll always be linked to the Giants first and foremost.

Last edited:
The good news is... he's remembered more as Giant than anything.

Meggett is a stain on the Patriots? I think you are being a little dramatic.

And like I posted earlier, nobody considers Meggett a Patriot anyway. Yes, of course I know he played in N.E., but he'll always be linked to the Giants first and foremost.

Any former player who does crap like this is a stain on any franchise he played for. May not be a big stain, but a stain none the less. He will be linked to all three franchises for as long as he lives although he may be linked to the Giants more than the other two. He will be always linked to the Pats because he was a current Patriot when he allegedly raped a Toronto prostitute.

Besides, who cares about semantics. The guy played 3 years with the Pats and played a big role in the Super Bowl season. You can dismiss the fact that he was a former Patriot by saying that he is more recognized with the Giants, but that doesn't change that anyone who was a Pats fan in the mid 90s cheered for the guy and called him one of our own.

Last edited:
Any former player who does crap like this is a stain on any franchise he played for.

No it isn't. I don't think less of the Falcons organization because Vick played there.

I don't see why you'd be "ashamed" of Dave Meggett. Assuming you don't know him personally, he's just a guy you watched run around on Sundays. Some of you need to realize football players aren't your best friends, they're entertainers. Did you feel ashamed because Michael Jackson hung a baby out the window?

If I recall, Dykes started a fight with Irving Fryar and suffered a fractured eye-socket which essentially ended his career. He got nailed for DWI in Franklin once too and had a hooker in the car. Additionally, as a recruit he took cash at OK State. Fryar was a bad boy early in his career, but he was still productive with the Pats. I just remember Dykes being a real horse's you-know-what and irresponsible.

What was Timpson's and Perryman's deal? Were they also mentioned in the Lisa Olson thing? It's funny. I played B-Ball with Perryman once at Cederdale Athletic Club in Haverhill, MA once. Real nice guy. Prooves to show that you just dont know people.
That makes sense about Dykes...really..I thought he was just totally injury prone and a bust but add that into it...Fryer WOULD BE one on that list..but really turned his life around...Timpson and Perryman also were involved with Mowatt in that..so really I think all 3 should be included...

I'm still most ashamed of Ty Law.

New rules!! Anyone who get's caught putting a link of that song on this board faces a lifetime ban. I mean really. I hated that song when I was 15 and I hate it now even more. One of those horrible songs that comes into your head years after the fact.

But really, doesnt it put the "shame" of David Meggett in perspective?
NOTHING makes me cringe like that video!!! At the time, I just wanted to die anytime it was shown. I remember MTV showed it, and all the kids were just howling at the lameness of it.

i prefer to think of him as a former giant.

as an independent observer...to me, he's a Former Giant. He was part of the crew Parcells took with him to NE when he started coaching up there, but Martin was the RB that really mattered in NE back then.

In the spring of 1998 I was in a mall and stumbled across a sports memorabilia store that was going out of business - "Everything Must Go!" So I looked around and found a Meggett away jersey for 10 bucks. I thought it was my lucky day.

Literally two days later the story broke about the rape he was charged with in Canada. Being the "innocent until proven guilty" guy that I am, I held on to the jersey but decided I would only wear it if he was completely exonerated. That never happened, so I've never worn my "lucky" jersey. I've tried it on a few times just to look in the mirror and see how it would look on me, but that's all. Because it's a Pats jersey I can't bring myself to just get rid of it, but I never wear it or display it.

What irked me about the whole thing was how a number of Pats fans responded when I spoke out against Meggett and saying I was glad Kraft cut him. I got a bunch of, "Oh, like you've never done anything wrong in your life" posts. I fired back, "Sure I've made mistakes, but I've never raped anyone either." :mad:

Meggett was a great player during his time in NE. He was just what the team needed at the time - an all-purpose back who could run, catch screen passes, and run receiver routes. IIRC he even threw a TD pass or two. He was kinda like Kevin Faulk. But there are some offenses I'm more willing to forgive than others, ya know? Guys like Ty Law, Lawyer Milloy, and Adam Vinatieri might have complained about money and "lack of respect" when they left, making asinine "can't feed my family" statements along the way, but to the best of my knowledge they never forced themselves sexually on a woman. Do the math.

No it isn't. I don't think less of the Falcons organization because Vick played there.

Nor do I, but I do think less of their fans. At one point this season I was watching one of their home games and I couldn't believe how many people were still wearing Vick jerseys in the stands.

Pfft. You guys are just being haters. The ladies have ALWAYS loved Dave Meggett.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back