PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Danny Amendola

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll tell you what. Amendola has been one of my favorite Patriots for quite some time. He's smart, tough, reliable and, most of all, as clutch as one can be. He just always seems to be there when we most need him. I'm not sure about the odds of him staying here for a few more seasons, and I personally don't think it's gonna happen, but if somehow both the organization and Danny are able to make an extension happen, it's sure gonna be fantastic news, at least for me, personally. This appreciation thread is more than deserved.

Thank you, DOLA!!!

Last edited:
Think what happens when we get Gronk back and maybe 2 high draft picks for Jimmy to get a pass rusher and another line backer. Schedule will be tougher facing AFC West and upcoming NFC South- Danny restructure and come back - money cannot buy Super Bowl rings. If not, thank you for your monumental contribution to the last 2 Super Bowls

After the 2014 season, Amendola stated that he completely loves it here and will do whatever it takes to stay on the team. He then restructured his contract for a pay cut in 2015. Then he restructured his contract for a pay cut in 2016.

What I'm saying is, if Amendola isn't on this team next year, it's because the coaching staff doesn't want him anymore. After last night, I would be stunned if that's the case this offseason.

Nobody will play Amendola enough for him to leave. Heck JE11 could not get a big deal at age 27 after catching 100 passes.

Don't know if this was mentioned but DA may not get that much light but he comes up BIG come playoffs and especially in Super Bowls. He's like a quiet assassin, you don't know he's in there until he makes clutch plays gets TDs and moves chains.
One needs only to look at my post history to know how I feel about 'Dola. If I've said it once, I've said it two trillion times. When a play needs to be made, HE MAKES IT. 4th and three? No problem. He will never again put up monster numbers. He'll probably never again play a full 16-game season again. He'll probably have to decide to play for league minimum or retire. And finally, he's been consistently disrespected of this board. But the bottom line is he saves his best for when the team needs it the most. I appreciate you, 'Dola.

By far the most clutch WR in Patriot history!

You know, before the game when passing the football with my brother he was talking about Amendola and how little he is on the field.

I mentioned that he is the perfect fourth wide receiver to have.

1.) He is extremely reliable when his number IS called.

2.) He has accepted his role (even if limited).

3.) Is cost effective (has taken pay cuts)

4.) Provides another veteran presence.

5.) Oh, and Brady clearly trusts him.

Amendola clearly displayed his value yet again.

I'd say he's right up there with Troy Brown for sure.

This is a bold statement but I'm not sure you are entirely wrong.

DA makes catch after catch after catch in clutch situations....

By far the most clutch WR in Patriot history!

Clutch? For sure, but even more so than Edelman?

I love Amendola, too, but am not willing to make as strong of a statement.

I'm thankful that nowadays a flag isn't thrown every time he catches the ball! Hope he's still with us next year for our 6th run.

Thanks, Rob. He does. And I'm certainly not comparing the overall player or body of work... just clutch situations. Danny has had so many of those in the regular season (including his very first game again the Bills) and in the playoffs, just like Troy. He makes them in the most difficult fashion as well most of the time. Again, look at the play against the Bills as an example. He's as CONSISTENLY clutch as I've seen in the league for many seasons.

Not at all...Not saying he is the best but I have never seen him not make a catch he needed to make. Every time they went to him and it counted, he made it.

Not at all...Not saying he is the best but I have never seen him not make a catch he needed to make. Every time they went to him and it counted, he made it.

Denver last year - just saying. I love Dola.

my favorite player on our offense. i told my friends he'd have a big super bowl. i still trust him the 2nd most. he was so dependable last night. great game. clutch plays

that 4th down was great

Danny "Clutch" Amendola, always underrated.

Considered expendable until the playoffs( also known as "clutch" time), then BOOM!

We have a thread like this EVERY year after the SB.

Then a few months later, most fans consider him expendable.

I just dont get it. Clutch is clutch.

He might not do much during the season. But he is clutch. Most of his catches come in big spots.

And when it matters in the big games he comes up big. Against the ravens and seattle in 14 and here against atlanta

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes