PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Curran: NFL has a Giant Sense of Entitlement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without repeating everything I've already said. The Vatican decrees things expecting people to observe and take as gospel whatever it is. That's what Kraft does regarding anything the league decrees, i.e., "The Patriots damaged the league." His personal religion is irrelevant, and if there's a better analogy then great.

This, in the same place where Red Auerbach (also Jewish) fought to protect both the heritage and tradition of his team, as well as (often literally) fighting to protect his team from incompetence and unfair treatment by their league.
What a ridiculous load of bigoted horsehit. You ought to be ashamed of yourself - but, we all know you aren't.

What a ridiculous load of bigoted horsehit. You ought to be ashamed of yourself - but, we all know you aren't.
bigoted against: Catholics? OK, comparing anybody to the NFL is insulting to anyone, sure, but the analogy is only with respect to observation of proclamations on the part of what is perceived as, and does in fact have a significant degree of, authority. So, I've ascribed too much importance to them.

As far as having things to be ashamed of, well, oh boy...

bigoted against: Catholics? OK, comparing anybody to the NFL is insulting to anyone, sure, but the analogy is only with respect to observation of proclamations on the part of what is perceived as, and does in fact have a significant degree of, authority. So, I've ascribed too much importance to them.

As far as having things to be ashamed of, well, oh boy...
Every response to this you post sinks you further and further into your quicksand of bigotry. You should just stop now.

When I read **** like that, it enrages me!. I'm not sure who pisses me off more, GoToHell, Mara or KRAFT!! ? Kraft who sucks up to the prick on dinner dates and public appearances. Mara sneaks around behind closed doors. Damn, I HATE this F'n league. It's like trying to quit heroin. And TB, and BB are my only rehab. Bye Bye you lying pukes!

State exactly whom I am "bigoted" against.
You know better than anyone. Don't play that "re-trace your steps game" with me. Hey, I'll engage in spirited dialogue with anyone, but I'm not indulging a religious bigot like you who paints everyone in a particular group with the same brush. Face it - you got pissed off and allowed your true, bigoted opinions about Catholics to come through loud and clear. I'm done with you. See ya...

You know better than anyone. Don't play that "re-trace your steps game" with me. Hey, I'll engage in spirited dialogue with anyone, but I'm not indulging a religious bigot like you who paints everyone in a particular group with the same brush. Face it - you got pissed off and allowed your true, bigoted opinions about Catholics to come through loud and clear. I'm done with you. See ya...
So I'm getting that it's Catholics, of whom there are on both sides of my family, and I've attended, worked with and for Catholic institutions, and my daughter attends Catholic school. They're all exceedingly nice, and I'm immeasurably thankful to know them. Perhaps I'm uneducated, or ignorant; but bigoted?

If so, then I am now offically qualified to be the 46th President of the United States.

And, nothing will ever stop me from defending my football team against all those attacking it.

If anyone here chooses not to be just another sheep for the NFL's propaganda machine, then advocate for dumping THEIR piece of sh*t
100px-New_England_Patriots_logo.svg.png
and reinstating OUR true identity
th
I'm in, but Sorry, I'm an Elvis fan. :rolleyes:

I'm in, but Sorry, I'm an Elvis fan. :rolleyes:

Elvis will always be the King.

If the team moved to Memphis or Vegas or something, they could do whatever they want, they wouldn't be here anymore.

But the Boston/New England Patriots deserve the same accolades, tradition and honoring of their heritage that teams in Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Dallas, San Francisco, Kansas City, Oakland, Washington, Detroit, Chicago and Minnesota have.

You would not believe the number of people who aren't even Patriots fans, who still respected us for our history and our identity, and who were cast away just like diehard Pats fans in '93.

I have two theories as to why Kraft turned from the best owner in football into the subservient jellyfish he currently is and has been since 2007. The first is that Mara and Rooney and their marionette Goodell have promised a reward for being a good boy, like election to the HOF with Brady and BB. The other theory is that as long as the money is rolling in, his position in the Owners brotherhood far exceeds his concern for his team and its fans .

his position in the Owners brotherhood far exceeds his concern for his team and its fans .
Bob really idolized and put his full faith in the league and those in it before he purchased the team. He's the anti-Al Davis, utterly oblivious to the blinding reality that the NFL owners are not only not good people, but have implemented an anti-Patriots agenda since '81 or even earlier; it's simply shifted laterally from kicking around the media's whipping boy to resentment and jealousy of off-field financial prosperity and on-field unparalleled success. As he said, he broke every one of his financial rules to buy the team. It's an emotional as well as financial investment; and as is the case in any endeavor to which a person is emotionally attached, it will be much more difficult for him to see and accept the truth from an objective standpoint.

This is why I've cut him slack, and have had hope for him to grow to the point of an epiphany.

Obviously, lately I've just lost patience and envision the guy just wringing his hands and doing nothing as usual, besides accepting Lombardi trophies and taking credit for Brady's accomplishments in the team's media guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents