PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Coverage of Peyton's 51 & Media in general.

re: Coverage of Peyton's 51 & Media in general.

Manning fanboy alert! Manning fanboy alert!

Bring on all your Bronco talking points. They think they're going to win every time, and THAT time is finally going to be THE time, then we win again.

Know how this story ends.

Whatever makes you sleep better at night. Every afc team has glaring flaws. No one knows how the story will end.

How did yours end last year? Brady and co. Getting shut out in the second half?

If they have a rematch...the game can go a million different ways. But the days of manning throwing 4 interception games and scoring 3 points have been a thing of the past. The days of the patriots having a stifling defense are also a thing of the past.

Whatever makes you sleep better at night. Every afc team has glaring flaws. No one knows how the story will end.

If they have a rematch...the game can go a million different ways. But the days of manning throwing 4 interception games and scoring 3 points have been a thing of the past. The days of the patriots having a stifling defense are also a thing of the past.

Days of us still owning Manning is still a thing of today though. lol.

Originally Posted by Jackson 2 View Post
My favorite comment came from Tom Curran, and I'm paraphrasing here: "In 2007 when the Patriots and Brady were rolling over everyone, lots of media members were grabbing their hymnals and moaning about them running up the score. Sunday, ahead 30-13 in the 4th quarter, Manning is throwing deep regularly. Media reaction: not a peep."
This really is spot on.

That it is. It also shows just how sanctimoniously fatuous Shaughnessy's "no rooting in the press box" column — and the "here here bravo" response in much of the media — really is. So many in the media openly root for Manning, and I think that is what a lot of us find so grating.

I have to admit, even as an open and unapologetic Manning hater, he was really gracious in his post game. I laughed when he said Brady would probably break it the next season.

Never seen him that gracious before, honestly.

Kudos to Manning for his new found graciousness!

If he's really gracious, he wouldn't make it look like he's trying to break the record/padding his TD total when the game was basically over. :rolleyes:

OT-Coverage of Peyton's 51 & Media in general.

Cook, manning is still owned by the pats. Sorry but when if he makes it far enough to face a healthy talib, Arrington, dennard, Ryan and McCourty in the cold, he will be up around 5-6 ints and 0 points lol.

Cook, manning is still owned by the pats. Sorry but when if he makes it far enough to face a healthy talib, Arrington, dennard, Ryan and McCourty in the cold, he will be up around 5-6 ints and 0 points lol.

I'd love to see the vegas line for +5.5 int and 0.5 point spread

I'd love to see the vegas line for +5.5 int and 0.5 point spread

Why would you be even remotely optimistic about beating us?
You never beat us. In fact, not only do we always beat you, we always humiliate you.

Your team is great against bottom feeder scrubs like the Raiders.

We aren't the Raiders or a bottom feeding scrub.

You can't beat real post season teams. You lose to them every time you face them, and then the week after when you beat up some nobody, you start talking about Superbowls again lol.

You won't beat us. You won't beat us with Indy's quarterback, you won't beat us with our own slot receiver, you won't beat us with our own hurry up offense.

Following your pattern of adopting everything we do a year later, next year you'll probably have a left footed punter.

You won't beat us with him either.

My favorite comment came from Tom Curran, and I'm paraphrasing here: "In 2007 when the Patriots and Brady were rolling over everyone, lots of media members were grabbing their hymnals and moaning about them running up the score. Sunday, ahead 30-13 in the 4th quarter, Manning is throwing deep regularly. Media reaction: not a peep."

i think tom curran told a fib there

once denver went up 30-13 peyton manning went 1 for 2 passing afterwards

that's not 'regularly' in my book

peyton did pass more than normal in the 4th qtr with a lead, but curran's quote is a fib.....

i think tom curran told a fib there

once denver went up 30-13 peyton manning went 1 for 2 passing afterwards

that's not 'regularly' in my book

peyton did pass more than normal in the 4th qtr with a lead, but curran's quote is a fib.....

How often do you throw deep when you are doing it 'regularly'? 1 or 2 times? He didn't say a lot or more often. Curran pointed out that Manning was still firing off long passes when it wasn't necessary. If Brady did what Peyton did at the end of the Texans game, he would have been demolished by the media. Sadly, doubly so by the Boston media.

Rewatch the end of that game, and tell me it wasn't all about the record. Hell, the entire game was about the record. The Broncos cost points by passing to the endzone in short scoring situations.

!@#$ it, I am drunk enough not to care, so I'll go full ****** and say the entire season has been about the record. Look at the redzone, and more importantly the goaline, stats. They tell the tale of a QB first team in full, including ego. That stuff isn't going to fly in the playoffs.

Peyton is a great QB, and a lot of what he has done this season is fantastic. Yeah, short passes for TDs, but they are often successful because of his calls at the line and vision. That said, he has an incredible supporting cast and a laughable schedule to help him along.

How often do you throw deep when you are doing it 'regularly'? 1 or 2 times? He didn't say a lot or more often. Curran pointed out that Manning was still firing off long passes when it wasn't necessary. If Brady did what Peyton did at the end of the Texans game, he would have been demolished by the media. Sadly, doubly so by the Boston media.

Rewatch the end of that game, and tell me it wasn't all about the record. Hell, the entire game was about the record. The Broncos cost points by passing to the endzone in short scoring situations.

!@#$ it, I am drunk enough not to care, so I'll go full ****** and say the entire season has been about the record. Look at the redzone, and more importantly the goaline, stats. They tell the tale of a QB first team in full, including ego. That stuff isn't going to fly in the playoffs.

Peyton is a great QB, and a lot of what he has done this season is fantastic. Yeah, short passes for TDs, but they are often successful because of his calls at the line and vision. That said, he has an incredible supporting cast and a laughable schedule to help him along.
i'm just saying tom makes it sound like peyton threw a ton of passes after the score was 30-13 lol

it's ridiculous

i'm just saying tom makes it sound like peyton threw a ton of passes after the score was 30-13 lol

it's ridiculous
You're right on that score - it was ridiculous, just not in the way you think.

In the interest of accuracy, here is the exact text of Curran's tweet: "So many in the media clutched their hymnals when NE kept scoring in 2007. Denver throwing deep, often up 30-13 with 5 minutes left. Not a peep."

I'm not sure why people are dissing Manning on this, when all is said and done it is going to go down as the greatest achievement of his career. Give the guy a break

I'm not sure why people are dissing Manning on this, when all is said and done it is going to go down as the greatest achievement of his career. Give the guy a break
Just speaking for myself, I'm not dissing him at all. My problem is with the media genuflection and ball washing, particularly in contrast with the media coverage of Brady and the 2007 Patriots. We all have our "things" - double standards and inequality are "things" with me.

His second to last TD--the one that tied the record-- was bobbled all the way through the end zone. Even the Manning worshipping announcers said the receiver never had control of the ball and they rarely ever say something like that out loud. Who knows what would have happened after that if he doesn't get the completion. Does he try again and throw an int? Then maybe the game turns on them and he is stuck at 49 TD's. Then next week anything can happen.

Because it's Christmas day I'm giving him a break in this thread that I never would otherwise. I'm not piling on even though I easily could.

Manning fanboy alert! Manning fanboy alert!

Bring on all your Bronco talking points. They think they're going to win every time, and THAT time is finally going to be THE time, then we win again.

Know how this story ends.
And we know how your story ends. Win the weak division win the conference then let Baby Manning beat you in 2 Superbowl's! That 2005 Superbowl sure seems a long time ago doesn't it? Gonna be a long time before The Pats win another!

OT-Coverage of Peyton's 51 & Media in general.

And we know how your story ends. Win the weak division win the conference then let Baby Manning beat you in 2 Superbowl's! That 2005 Superbowl sure seems a long time ago doesn't it? Gonna be a long time before The Pats win another!

Wouldn't be so sure. Peyton's only SB in 07. That's a long time also. Heck tebow has more playoff wins as a bronco and gone just as far. Pretty embarrassing.

When was the last time your Donkeys won, without the illegal payments to get around the salary cap that is? Oh yeah...

Wouldn't be so sure. Peyton's only SB in 07. That's a long time also. Heck tebow has more playoff wins as a bronco and gone just as far. Pretty embarrassing.

Both teams are pretty embarrassing the last 10 years.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Back