PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Court denies Brady a re-hearing!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the supreme court takes the case (unlikely) it will come down to Anthony Kennedy, who is a Reagan appointee BUT likes to be the center of attention. He voted for gay marriage a few years ago and is unpredictable.

In favor of Brady:

Sotomayor - yes

Ginsburg - yes

Kagen - yes

Breyer - yes

Against Brady:

Thomas - lol (no)

Alito - lol (no)

Roberts - no

Maybe in Favor:

Kennedy - ?

New SCOTUS Justice - ?

Her brain is not addled, but I'm pretty sure you were just joking.
What is of note is that she was in the majority on Garvey. Yes, the context was different, but it doesn't necessarily mean that we can put her firmly on Brady's side.
But, for the sake of argument, I could make an argument that Breyer, Ginsburg, Kagan and Sotomayor might be favorable towards Brady, which would get the court to hear the case. I could also make an argument that any one of them could go the other way as well, with the exception of Sotomayor, who has staked out territory to the Left of the rest.

Bad thing is the league front loaded home games. If they happen to suck without Brady and go 0-4, 1-3 that means realistically they need 12-0 or 11-1 over last 3/4 season. Tough with only 5/12 home games. This is all part of goodels plan to "level" the playing field.
F him and F Krafty Bob for taking it in the cornhole....
I prefer having 3 of 4 at home if Brady doesn't play. Increases the chance we win them.

There is no reason this team won't be 2-2 at the very least under Garoppolo. Considering 3 of the 4 seasons we won the Super Bowl started 2-2, I don't consider that a debilitating record to have after the first 4.

no surprise, was hoping for the best but expecting the worst.
nothing has gone our way during this fiasco. tom's going to have sit 4 games for something that never took place. that has to drive him insane every single day.

thanks bob kraft. gutless scumbag
On the bright side, there's no better Brady than scorned, vengeful, PO'D Brady. God help the mortals......How great would it be to hoist the Lombardi in GotoHell's face. Man, that would be worth all of this mess :rolleyes:

The way I look at it now is right out of Shawshank Redemption.
"If you've come this far maybe you're willing to come a little further"
Might as well go for the Supreme Court.

On the bright side, there's no better Brady than scorned, vengeful, PO'D Brady. God help the mortals......How great would it be to hoist the Lombardi in GotoHell's face. Man, that would be worth all of this mess :rolleyes:

He was scorned and vengeful last year and they got their butts handed to them in the AFCCG (granted they came within a point with no time left but the Broncos controlled that game all day).

Kessler should have filed a lawsuit right away in Boston.

He was scorned and vengeful last year and they got their butts handed to them in the AFCCG (granted they came within a point with no time left but the Broncos controlled that game all day).
Go away

No Ken. It's not what "we all expected from the outset". In fact, many of us had hopes that the 2CA would do the right thing and grant at least grant En Banc because the evidence is so crystal clear that the Commissioner violated the Laws of Arbitration. And people were saying this BEFORE Kenneth Feinberg filed his amicus brief.

The fact that the 2CA has chosen not to rehear it just said that an Arbitrator can make sh*t up and doesn't have to follow the rules of arbitration and can deal out his/her own brand of industrial justice..
You don't have any disagreement from me on the merits of Brady's case, both in the small view of his situation and the larger view of what it means for the rest of the country's non-elite So, I don't disagree with your feelings at all, but given the history of the rate of en banc hearings vs the number of applications for one, you had to think that the chances of Tom getting a hearing from the full set of judges was slim from the outset.

I'm sure when or if they ever explain their decision it will all be about the murky dealings of arbitration law and past precedents, and NOT about whether what happened to Brady was fair or just. Unfortunately IIRC, they have ruled in favor of management in the past when the court has gone on record stating the ruling was "unfair", BUT the procedure, such that was, followed the "law".

Here's are 2 predictions though. I might not be around when this labor deal ends ( around 2020, IIRC), but when the new deal is finally signed, (1) player discipline WILL be handled by a 3rd part arbiter, and (2) Roger Goodell won't be commissioner of the NFL.

Billions? lol

If you look at each game/each weekend as a unique impression it is. CBS and FOX says each broadcast pulls in 19m viewers. Times them all by x 2 then by 17.

ESPN gets 13m per MNF broadcast. NBC SNF gets 22m for each game. Times them each by 17.

Playoff ratings double for each round. 40m each game, then 80, then 100m for CCGs. Multiply those.

Super Bowls get about 160m viewers globally.

That doesn't include attendance to games. Thats about 17m for all teams.

I have no idea about preseason.

The pregame shows and all the other shows like NE Tailgate are also in the 100m over the year.

Like I said, the reach is about a billion people per year.

Goodell and Kraft knew that when they came up with this scheme in the first place. You want to go along with it and just play along? Fine. But don't act like it's the right thing to do.

OK I challenge you to prove that.

Why would I be opposed to Ian taking their money? It's giving money to them to which I am opposed.

From a revenue -to-the-NFL/Patriots standpoint, there is zero difference you being a Neilson household and posting on Patsfans.com. Either directly or indirectly through channels, the NFL sees the money. If you want to pick and choose what mediums make you feel better go for it.

Last edited:
My hope is that Brady wins the SB MVP and then retires from the NFL* so in that vein we would lose four opportunities to see Brady play.

Of course my fantasy also includes Brady tackling Goodell and trying to shove the Lombardi Trophy up his ***, so a retirement would be a moot point with the resultant suspension.
Holy sh!t. We have the same fantasy!

Nothing shocks me anymore. 2 years of this BS and alll i have learned is how much i hate Goodell and the NFL. I know there was a thread about if and when Brady and BB retire will you keep watching, I am getting to the point where i cannot do it.

except that he watched

you either watch or you don't watch.......the notion that 'oh I watched because the TV happened to be on that channel' is as spineless and lame as it gets

Its a cop-out. Either you protest 100% or you don't.

If people are serious they abstain from anything NFL-related 100%.

Trumps' association with Brady has been really over emphasised on this issue. Ginsburg would never issue a stay based merely on the issue of whether Brady got screwed. That part is clear enough. But if she was to issue a stay it would be based on the LARGER issue of fairness in arbitration for ALL workers. And THAT, my friend, is right up RBG's alley.

I hope you're right about that.

FWIW, I read somewhere that RBG likes to issue decisions on emergency stays within 24 hours.

FWIW, I read somewhere that RBG likes to issue decisions on emergency stays within 24 hours.

Yep- heard that she issued a decision within 2 days on one last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3