PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Could we trade picks with the Vikings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many possibilities...we also need a young ILB...and other things..NOT a bad idea though I am sure the first of many "what do we do with the pick" threads..

Stan, you lucky bum!
You musta missed all the preceding
whadowedowiththepick threads.

I'm not opposed to trading with the Vikes, but I like E.J. Henderson much more than Taylor.

Stan, you lucky bum!
You musta missed all the preceding
whadowedowiththepick threads.

Has anyone suggested that we dump them in the draft forum, or the pub if they don't want them their either, until after week 20? :bricks:

I'm not opposed to trading with the Vikes, but I like E.J. Henderson much more than Taylor.

Antoine Winfield would be a pretty good candidate too (makes up for likely loss of A. Samuel).

Had an interesting thought:

What about the SF pick for the Vikings #1 and Chester Taylor? There's a lot of equal value all around with this idea. The Vikes need a young QB to complement Peterson, and even though it's nice to have your #2 rb be a #1, it's expensive and unnecessary. They could take Brohm or Brennan, we get the mid-round pick that we want, and a very good running back in our lineup.

Maybe this didn't need another thread, but I can't see why this couldn't happen.

We have free agent options, too, in addition to having Morris back like Jamal Lewis and Michael Turner. Also, there is hidden talent at RB in every draft after the 1st round: Deshawn Wynn this year (before his shoulder injury), LenDale White (not really hidden, but he was available in the 2nd round), Maurice Jones-Drew, Jerious Norwood, Leon Washington, Frank Gore, MB III, and Brandon Jacobs. You just have to know what you're looking for.

If we have a Top 3 pick, and especially if D-Mac is available, there are teams who will pay us handsomely for the next LT or Purple Jesus. We don't need to take pennies on the dollar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft