PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Could The Signing Of Jeff Demps With The Patriots Signal The End For Julian Edelman?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Could The Signing Of Jeff Demps With The Patriots Signal The End For Julian Edelm

I think that Space may just be teasing.

Let's pretend he's not! There'd be riots out in front of Gillette if Julian were cut. Teenaged girls weeping, holding candles... he's like the Kurt Gobain of the Patriots.

Re: Could The Signing Of Jeff Demps With The Patriots Signal The End For Julian Edelm

Let's pretend he's not! There'd be riots out in front of Gillette if Julian were cut. Teenaged girls weeping, holding candles... he's like the Kurt Gobain of the Patriots.

LOL. You have a good point.

I personally don't see him like that myself, and never even had him as a binky until so many decided to underrate his potential to make the team. Now I sometimes get defensive about him.

The issue/debate is quickly getting played out though. The facts are the facts, and people will always have different opinions about different players, so that is respected by me--even if I don't necessarily agree.

.....or Kurt Cobain,as the rest of us know him by(lol).

There is no way David Patton makes this team

Such statements are an old running joke on this forum

Do not take seriously

Elaborate please.

EDIT: If you are being serious. If I missed the sarcasm, then I certainly apologize.
About 10 years ago there was a huge (at the tiem the biggest eve) thread on reasons why David Patten wouldn't make the team. It was titled, "No way David Patten makes this team."

Of course he did. I wasan't serious; I just didn't realize how long it's been since someone said No way David Patton makes this team and that there were a LOT of readers who weren't here then.

(Patten did make the team and so will Edelman. I forget who said Edelman was an average PR, but that is just false. And when he eventually doesn't make the team, it won't be because someone is faster, it will be because someone is shiftier. remember, very year Edelman OWNS the one-on-one tackle drills.)

.....or Kurt Cobain,as the rest of us know him by(lol).

Heh, you're right! but what I actually meant to say was "Kurt Go-Bang!"

Do not take seriously

Yeah... at this point Patton's probably on the shadow roster. ;)

Do not take seriously

Thanks, Wicked. Much appreciated buddy. Although I wasn't around then, I have heard the references to the Patten joke before. It's a slow Sunday, especially when you aren't too bright (like me) ;)

About 10 years ago there was a huge (at the tiem the biggest eve) thread on reasons why David Patten wouldn't make the team. It was titled, "No way David Patten makes this team."

Of course he did. I wasan't serious; I just didn't realize how long it's been since someone said No way David Patton makes this team and that there were a LOT of readers who weren't here then.

(Patten did make the team and so will Edelman. I forget who said Edelman was an average PR, but that is just false. And when he eventually doesn't make the team, it won't be because someone is faster, it will be because someone is shiftier. remember, very year Edelman OWNS the one-on-one tackle drills.)

I kind of had a gut feeling that you were kidding/teasing, but did not initially equate it to the Patten story, although I have heard the reference in the past few summers.

:)

Thank you to everyone who has commented on my post. Whether you agree or disagree about my thoughts on Demps and Edelman, it is just my opinion. Many fans have made their thoughts known on my article and that is great. I just appreciate anyone that reads my articles and has thoughts on it.

I think the end is near for edelman......he's gone backwards as a WR, and he is not a DB.

Slater can do most of what edelman has done, so there is no real need for edelman and demps appears to be more as a returner.

I don't know how many times we're going to go over this, but we don't really have the need for a true slot receiver any more!!!!!

That must be why Welker is the most productive receiver in football. Just more of the "we don't need Welker" BS that has been floated for years despite its insanity. The same argument was made before last season and blown up completely by the results from last season but keeps getting toosed out there by those who prefer faux GM to reality.

I don't know how many times we're going to go over this, but we don't really have the need for a true slot receiver any more!!!!!

I guess we will keep going over it as long as those insane enough to keep raising it bring it up.

So if JE gets cut, something I don't expect, how long before someone claims its evidence of how bad BB is at drafting? :bricks:

As an aside I think Stalworth has the most to worry about. He is the offensive player whose athletic abilities Demps most closely mimics.

DS obviously plays WR not RB like Demps but is it a stretch to think that Demps could be used as a WR? This is not a rhetorical question but a question for board members with more direct knowledge of Demps skills.

is it a stretch to think that Demps could be used as a WR? This is not a rhetorical question but a question for board members with more direct knowledge of Demps skills.

Well Brady has said that he practices low throws...

So if JE gets cut, something I don't expect, how long before someone claims its evidence of how bad BB is at drafting? :bricks:

As an aside I think Stalworth has the most to worry about. He is the offensive player whose athletic abilities Demps most closely mimics.

DS obviously plays WR not RB like Demps but is it a stretch to think that Demps could be used as a WR? This is not a rhetorical question but a question for board members with more direct knowledge of Demps skills.

Maybe if he Demps grew 5 inches ;)

That must be why Welker is the most productive receiver in football. Just more of the "we don't need Welker" BS that has been floated for years despite its insanity. The same argument was made before last season and blown up completely by the results from last season but keeps getting toosed out there by those who prefer faux GM to reality.

Why don't you include the rest of the post? Then it might explain what I mean rather than painting out only about 5% of what i said in that post. The rest explains the comment about how Wes now lines up and why Edelman needs to show the same versatility Welker showed in being able to play at split end as well as in the slot. We rarely have a true WR line up in the slot now because of Hernandez and Gronk....and because we've lacked a great option at the #3 WR spot until this season.

People wo misquote others are so much hard work.

Yeah, it's a stretch in this offense. Thing is not sure how much time Stallworth was going to see anyway. He was trying to snag a slot as a returner to add value to no avail. There were early issues about his ability to catch in traffic, and then last week he had a lot of drops. I think Stalloworth is firmly on the bubble on a roster in a numbers crunch. If they keep 4 TE or 5 RB (or 4 and a FB) or a rookie primarily as a developmental kick returner...

Bedard just took his first swing at a 53 and he ended up keeping 4 TE (Shiancoe because of the $$$) and a FB (Larson because he thinks Josh is hell bent to) and he included Waters and a rookie returner and it cost him Stallworth and Ebert and Bolden and an OG not to mention Francis and Dennard and/or a handful of vets on D.

Have to let the pre season play out. They'll eat sunk cost if they have to in order to field a better team. And guys will get injured or fail to return from injuries that are already keeping them off the field. Some will make it to the PS and others may hang around on the shadow roster at least for a time. We're simply not going to be able to keep everyone.

Surprised more guys don't learn to long snap on the side...

Why don't you include the rest of the post? Then it might explain what I mean rather than painting out only about 5% of what i said in that post. The rest explains the comment about how Wes now lines up and why Edelman needs to show the same versatility Welker showed in being able to play at split end as well as in the slot. We rarely have a true WR line up in the slot now because of Hernandez and Gronk....and because we've lacked a great option at the #3 WR spot until this season.

People wo misquote others are so much hard work.

This is just an extension of the bullsh.t argument you have been making against Welker for ages:

UK_Pat37
Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Posting Frequency

My Mood:

Re: Franchise tag could be coming for Wes Welker
He won;t be allowed to walk for free...the tag will be put in place. Whether or not we sign him I do have questions over though. Being the wrong side of 30 and given the Patriots struggle at WR...and yes, despite Wes' great year, they struggle with no real size or bulk at the position when they come up against aggressive defenses...do the Pats get what they can, whilst they can? I wouldn't expect any picks higher than a 3rd for a player that's a product of the system but if he wants paying, I don't think we should be paying him.

Hate to be cruel but, as I said, product of the system. There are a lot of Free Agent targets and depth in the draft...with Gronk and Hernandez both due big pay days, they need to make the right decision for the team. I'd rather tie up the two TEs, draft a receiver and bring in Lloyd with Branch on a Vets minimum than pay Wes...call me crazy...

"He's too old, too small, only worth a 3rd, product of the system......blah blah blah" All of which is 100% garbage, and your attempts to downgrade the slot position as a whole and pretend it isn't needed is just more of the same. It has no basis in fact and simply goes back to your lame attempts to diminish Welker's value to this team.

You're right, you're crazy.

Just my 2 cents but I see Demps more as a threat to slater than edelman.

Yes, Demps, who has no ability to tackle, is going to cause BB to a guy who just received a new contract and is considered one of the best STs players in the league.

You really didn't think this through, did you?

If Demps is working out regularly, he's doing plyometrics and working on his acceleration over 15 -20 yards to be ready to perform on an NFL level..I don't think he's just sitting there idly passing the time. His upper body strength should be fine considering he just performed in the Olympics.

as far as who gets cut I can't stop looking right at Stallworth...

What does an Olympic sprinter need upper body strength for???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back