Corey Simon out For Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

scout

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Just heard on NFL Network, non football related

And so are the Colts SuperBowl hopes! That run defense is just horrible and now there is no hope of it drastically improving they won't have a prayer of making a run in January. I guess they could trade for Haynesworth.:D

It has also been reported that Sanders had his knee scoped. Welcome to the injury club Indy.

wow big loss right there. Looks like they will just have to keep scroing 50 points a game to win.

mgcolby said:
And so are the Colts SuperBowl hopes! That run defense is just horrible and now there is no hope of it drastically improving they won't have a prayer of making a run in January. I guess they could trade for Haynesworth.:D

It has also been reported that Sanders had his knee scoped. Welcome to the injury club Indy.

AV has decided to spread the NE patriiot injury bug around.

Sometimes these things have a way of bringing teams together.

I seemed to remember a team decimated with injuries in 2003 and 2004.

The 2003 team missed more games by starters then any other SB winner in the history of the League. If I remember correctly they almost doubled the amount of the second place team with regard to injuries (until they became second the following season).

Obviously, the 2006 Colts are not as good as the 2005 Colts.

But remember this.

The 2005 Steelers were not as good as the 2004 Steelers either.

Sometimes things just work out!

sarge said:

The 2003 team missed more games by starters then any other SB winner in the history of the League. If I remember correctly they almost doubled the amount of the second place team with regard to injuries (until they became second the following season).

But remember this.

But as you yourself mentioned the Pats are the only team who has been able to overcome that in the history of the NFL. Meaning far more often than not injuries drag a team down then bring a team closer together.

I don't think the Colts have the coaching or the depth to become another one of the exceptions.

sarge said:

But remember this.

The major difference between the Pats of 03-04 besides coaching is depth.

Think about 04 we had Jarvis Green to replace Seymour for multiple games, Gay came in and played well and trusty old Hank showed up, Hochstein filled in on the O-Line in 03 and 04. The Colts don't have that quality of depth, not to mention they are down to rookies or first year contributors in many spots on that defense.

This Colts team is more comparible to the 02 Pats, not so much on the offensive side of the ball but on the Defensive side. They have no run defense whatsoever and what was the achilles heal of the 02 team? The Colts are about to hit the tough stretch of their schedule and many of those teams have a strong running game. They will be lucky to win 11 games and that is solely because of their passing game.

zippo59 said:
But as you yourself mentioned the Pats are the only team who has been able to overcome that in the history of the NFL. Meaning far more often than not injuries drag a team down then bring a team closer together.

I don't think the Colts have the coaching or the depth to become another one of the exceptions.

You stole my thunder while I was writing that.:D

scout said:
Just heard on NFL Network, non football related

How is that non football related? Corey Simon plays football right?

Last edited:
Injuries are part of the game.

San Diego, Baltimore, Denver and Pittsburgh are the team we need to worry about come January...

denverpatsfan said:
Injuries are part of the game.

San Diego, Baltimore, Denver and Pittsburgh are the team we need to worry about come January...

San Diego and Baltimore are frauds.

But I'd add Cincy to your list.

I would think Cincy is a fraud that we exposed last week?

Give me some reasons why I shouldn't worry about Baltimore and SD?

Will McNair breakdown by the end of the season? Will Marty choke yet again in the play-offs?

I hope so those teams scare me.

I don't believe in karma, but they were past due for the injury bug.

They've essentially lost the middle of their defense...which puts it more in line with our 05 season, rather than either our 03/04 seasons.

The injuries we were able to overcome those two seasons was AMAZING and certainly not the norm.

their division is worse than ours, but this'll catch up to them eventually...and it could easily have an impact on AFC homefield/bye/seedings.

Quick question: Who in the NFL hierarchy does Polian complain to about this?

denverpatsfan said:
I would think Cincy is a fraud that we exposed last week?

Give me some reasons why I shouldn't worry about Baltimore and SD?

Will McNair breakdown by the end of the season? Will Marty choke yet again in the play-offs?

I hope so those teams scare me.

Baltimore needed a comeback win to beat the lowly Browns 15-14.

Baltimore has the 28th ranked offense in the league. The truth is there not that much better than with Kyle Boller.

And the Chargers are because they lost to Baltimore which are frauds as I previously stated. Also as you mentioned they have 'ole Marty who is one of the worst playoff coaches I have ever seen.

Cincy is still a dangerous offense and I wouldn't be suprised if their run defense gets better later in the year. And just because you beat a team once does not mean they aren't good or that they are no longer a threat.

patsox23 said:
Quick question: Who in the NFL hierarchy does Polian complain to about this?
:rofl: That's funny.

Seriously, though... best wishes to Simon and his family. The fans are speculating on the Colts board about Cancer and other scary stuff.

I don't wish injuries happen and season ending injuries on any player.

But if it has to happen, then the Colts are as good as any team for it to happen to.

Why is everyone talking about injuries here? He has a serious illness.

Sad news for Simon, sad and bad news for the Colts.

It is clear that the injury/illness is non-football related, and I would think we should quietly hope for the best for him. Colt or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Back