PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Content Post Connor McDermott

This has an opening post with good commentary and information, which we definitely recommend reading.
Conor McDermott? love him as a swing tackle... if he's relatively cheap, no issues keeping him aroiund

Any thoughts on Steuber? He just came back to practice, potential starter?
I only remember what I read in his pre-draft scouting. He was described as very stiff and immobile, which made me truly wonder why we drafted him. Granted, a 7th rounder.

I think he's a mountain who is maybe hard to get around if he gets his paws on you.

But I've never seen him play; and I watched Michigan in several games last year, so I don't know why I didn't know of him.

I've been critiquing him long before Ashley's post, as I've watched a lot of him in games. He is the worst tackle I've ever seen for the Patriots outside Marshall Newhouse. Eluemenor and Herron would've been improvements, maybe Korey Cunningham. I get that we have no one else to turn to. But that's why we went to WR screens, because of McDermott.
Cunningham is a good mention, because he was an option (Giants PS). So were Yasir Durant (Saints), William Sherman (Broncos), Arlington Hambright (Colts), Sebastian Gutierrez (Raiders…the pizza guy from earlier this season), and Jordan Steckler (Texans…was with the Patriots in 2020). While needing an OT on such short notice isn’t great, they had a remarkable amount of decent candidates. I’m not sure that’s the case at any other position.

Cunningham is a good mention, because he was an option (Giants PS). So were Yasir Durant (Saints), William Sherman (Broncos), Arlington Hambright (Colts), Sebastian Gutierrez (Raiders…the pizza guy from earlier this season), and Jordan Steckler (Texans…was with the Patriots in 2020). While needing an OT on such short notice isn’t great, they had a remarkable amount of decent candidates. I’m not sure that’s the case at any other position.
You can't keep 5 backup LTs. They should have kept one more though in addition to Cajuste. Just a bad decision to trade Herron.

You can't keep 5 backup LTs. They should have kept one more though in addition to Cajuste. Just a bad decision to trade Herron.
Herron was a turnstile this spring coming off a bad year. Not sure he was our guy, especially since we were able to get a draft pick for him. I agree though, if 4 OT weren't on the team, one should have been on the practice squad. I didn't think much of it when we traded Heron though because I always thought there was the possibility of moving Onwenu back out to RT if needed.

A couple of weeks is all it takes for the trolls to elevate some back-up to Canton.
You mean "homers" not "trolls". Trolls on a fan board are always negative about the team.

The Herron situation is really a philosophical matter of whether you believe he still would have torn his ACL had he not been traded. I just struggle to think a guy on crutches is the missing piece.

He played well on Sunday, but he was awful against the Cards. I think we need to see how he does going forward before he can be anointed the future RT.
maybe juts needs some reps to get things going, we'll see and hope

Herron was a turnstile this spring coming off a bad year.

I thought Herron had a decent year last season, but a horrible camp this one.

So we're discussing whether a couple of Practice Squad players will be ready to start in 2023? If our coaching at OL is so good that they can make quality starters out of a 7th rounder and a Practice Squad player, then prospects for 2023 are great.

Regarding McDermott specifically, I have no problem re-signing him to a ONE-year, NON-guaranteed, Vet Minimum contract to have him compete for - certainly not be given - the Swing Tackle job...

We still need Two brand-spankin'-new starting-caliber Offensive Tackles: Lose/Lose & Cachoo are Finished here; Cannon's washed-up, same as he was 3 YEARS AGO; and Trent F uck 'em Brown can go...well...F uck Off.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back