PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Connor Barwin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barwin needs to do an outstanding job explaining how he went from racking up 11 sacks in just over a nhalf a season to becoming virtually invisible the next year. It would have to be a very convincing story before I would be willing to invest more than Trevor Scott money on him.

Barwin needs to do an outstanding job explaining how he went from racking up 11 sacks in just over a nhalf a season to becoming virtually invisible the next year. It would have to be a very convincing story before I would be willing to invest more than Trevor Scott money on him.

JJ Watt got there first :)

I'm gonna watch some all 22 from last year tomorrow when I have some time and try to answer that.

Would love it wanted him coming out of the draft would be a good alternative to breaking the bank for a passrusher think he has double digit sack ability.
3 yrs 12 mill sounds about right.

He is going to be asking for at least 4 years, 20 million. And that is being optimistic.

Connor Barwin signs with the Eagles for 6 years, 40 million dollars.

Connor Barwin signs with the Eagles for 6 years, 40 million dollars.

All the money saved from Namdi Asomogah must have been burning a hole in Chip Kelley's pocket.

And you wanted to trade SPIKES to accomplish all of this? don't get that idea at all....Anyways...he's off the block!

He's a really interesting case. I loved the guy as a prospect. He was my first real draft binky. He had a good rookie year in a situational role, missed his entire second season, was really good two years ago with 11.5 sacks, and then regressed terribly last year.

I think he would have been a much better fit a few years ago when the Pats were playing the 3-4, where they could better use his versatility and athleticism in coverage. In the 4-3, I don't think he's an ideal fit at DE because he didn't have success rushing the passer last year.

I'd almost be interested in trying him out at 4-3 OLB. The athleticism is definitely there. The guy ran 4.47 at 256 pounds and has the fluidity to match that.

So here's my super crazy plan that could maybe work: Trade Spikes, move Hightower inside, sign Barwin, play him at Sam.

Other than that, probably not happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back