PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Connolly, Warren, Wright, Brace, Ninkovich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that's not saying that much because Brady never really has had a great OL. Some good ones, and some pretty overrated ones but never great ones.

Also, I'm not convinced OLB and DE are not a weakness. This team looked perfect in the first half, than the same BS was there all 2nd half. Does anyone feel like our D had any control? I think they stopped the Bengals for one drive in the 2nd half, they couldn't get off the field in that half. I've had people tell me that's part of the game plan. While I realize this D before has bent but not broken, they broke when the chance not to presented itself. Also, I don't think any defensive game plan by BB is one that includes having a QB annihilate you for a half. Palmer did NOTHING almost in the first half yardage wise (take away that hail mary to Shipley) Almost alllll his stats came in the 2nd half. Not good.

This team needs to learn to play a full game. Not trying to nit pick. But they need to stop this **** with looking like the 07 squad for one half, than looking like the Raiders for a quarter or a half. It kills them.

These positions are still huge question marks. Nothing that happened in this game changed that.

I disagree though as a matter of degree. This is one 'real game' piece of visual evidence. And while one may only be slightly better than none, I think it is too absolute to suggest today's game changed "nothing". Next week's game against the Jets allows for a trend, albeit small, to develop. Even a small trend has some value in helping to answer a question. Can't start talking about a small trend without one in the books.

Or put another way, the OL weakness played solid today. Great! It is too little to answer the question of 'weakness' but at least it has started in the right direction.

These positions are still huge question marks. Nothing that happened in this game changed that.

Except that are defense controlled one of the best offenses in football, and our offense ate what is supposed to be a pretty good defense alive. Sooo, kind of a poor response. After one game they all looked pretty good, hopefully they will continue and get better over the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft