PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Congrats Steelers! (no sarcasm)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ClosingTime said:
And I was at the game and yes I did boo Brady. I don't understand what he was doing there for the coin flip. That has always been reserved for a retired player or some other notable person. Not a current player.

Why is that a reason to boo him? I'm pretty sure he didn't volunteer to do it. I wouldn't try to sound so justified if I was you... just say you booed him cause you hate him. That's fair enough for me. :D

I don't agree at all that Steelers fans being jerks is an excuse to be jerks to the Steelers. Sometimes you have to be the better people, and it's too bad that some guys think it is.

I don't like Brady and that is why I booed him. But he shouldn't have been there for that opportunity.
After having to hear about the Pats for the past two years I show up at the SB and Brady is there as the honoree? You bet I booed him.

CheerforTom said:
Why is that a reason to boo him? I'm pretty sure he didn't volunteer to do it. I wouldn't try to sound so justified if I was you... just say you booed him cause you hate him. That's fair enough for me. :D

I don't agree at all that Steelers fans being jerks is an excuse to be jerks to the Steelers. Sometimes you have to be the better people, and it's too bad that some guys think it is.

You are such a good person. Let's reward bad behavior by turning the other cheek. They may kiss us the next time.:eek:

OK, I'll turn the other cheek so they can kiss it, but I'll have to pull my pants up after.

ClosingTime said:
I don't like Brady and that is why I booed him. But he shouldn't have been there for that opportunity.
After having to hear about the Pats for the past two years I show up at the SB and Brady is there as the honoree? You bet I booed him.
By all means, though, you have every right to demand our congratulations and appreciation for your magnificent bunch of f*kwads.

ClosingTime said:
In this case I can totally understand you. I disagree with MG's earlier point, I personally wouldn't boo Manning, Marino, or Bradshaw... however...

If after several years of having my hopes dashed in the playoffs (as a die-hard Patriots fan) by Paymetons (for example), who then year after year went on to win the Superbowl after trouncing MY team repeatedly... then came the day we finally squeaked into the big game, only to have to look at Paymetons in the middle of our Super Bowl field flipping the coin... Yeah, you bet your ass I'd probably boo as well.

Of course the above example is ridiculous :D But put yourself in the shoes of a Pitts fan... the reaction to having Brady there was pretty understandable. Brady has owned the Steelers for a while now, no doubt there's some personal hatred there on behalf of the fans.

If I were a Pitts fan, I'd be damn proud of that three game playoff run. That was impressive no matter how you look at it. Congrats Stiller fans. Looking forward to beating The Champs next year.

Pats67 said:
By all means, though, you have every right to demand our congratulations and appreciation for your magnificent bunch of f*kwads.

It is funny how we are supposed to respect the Steelers after all the disrespect he has shown the Patriots. Everyone outside of Pissburgh is "disrespecting" the Steelers, not just us. I will give them credit for getting to the Super Bowl, I give the refs credit for the outcome. :p

T-ShirtDynasty said:
In this case I can totally understand you. I disagree with MG's earlier point, I personally wouldn't boo Manning, Marino, or Bradshaw... however...

If after several years of having my hopes dashed in the playoffs (as a die-hard Patriots fan) by Paymetons (for example), who then year after year went on to win the Superbowl after trouncing MY team repeatedly... then came the day we finally squeaked into the big game, only to have to look at Paymetons in the middle of our Super Bowl field flipping the coin... Yeah, you bet your ass I'd probably boo as well.

Of course the above example is ridiculous :D But put yourself in the shoes of a Pitts fan... the reaction to having Brady there was pretty understandable. Brady has owned the Steelers for a while now, no doubt there's some personal hatred there on behalf of the fans.

If I were a Pitts fan, I'd be damn proud of that three game playoff run. That was impressive no matter how you look at it. Congrats Stiller fans. Looking forward to beating The Champs next year.

T- What about the professional football players at mid fields who didn't shake Tom's hand. Aren't they all brother players. Never saw that before.

Cripe, they were at the SB. They were the 6th seed and they made it all the way to the SB. They should have been happy as hell. They should have had a 'joy to the world" attitude. Instead they boo two players who were there as part as group of former MVP's.

Nope - no congrat coming out of this guy for those classless bastards.

I certainly didn't ask for any respect from you guys and thought it a pretty silly thread.

ClosingTime said:
I certainly didn't ask for any respect from you guys and thought it a pretty silly thread.
Which one? The one you started?

I see you never tire of the "I'm rubber and you're glue" arguments.

ClosingTime said:
I see you never tire of the "I'm rubber and you're glue" arguments.
Well, it just seemed funny that the guy who protests that he never asked for any respect is the same guy who started the thread about how posters on this pats board 'crack you up' by finding fault with the officials' perfornmance and its impact on the final outcome. So I'm not sure how to reconcile the two contradictory proposals.

There's nothing contrdictory in these two statements.
1. I find your whining amusing.
2. I don't care whether Pats fans respect the Steelers.

PATSNUTme said:
T- What about the professional football players at mid fields who didn't shake Tom's hand. Aren't they all brother players. Never saw that before.
I dunno buddy, I haven't gone back and watched it, but I do remember hearing the Ref repeatedly telling them to turn around, so maybe that got in the way... I dunno.

ClosingTime said:
There's nothing contrdictory in these two statements.
Let's see, who's the guy posting on a rival board? When I come over to bukkakesteelers.com and start up threads about how delusional they all are, then we can talk about whining.

I suppose there could be bigger wastes of time in life than to have threads on a fan messageboard soliciting congratulations to another franchise for winning a Super Bowl, a thread that will never be read by anyone connected to that organization and is only designed to give people some totally misplaced sense of 'class'. I suppose there could be. I may need a few days off to figure them out. But there have to be, right?

Get over yourselves.

Pats67 said:
Let's see, who's the guy posting on a rival board? When I come over to bukkakesteelers.com and start up threads about how delusional they all are, then we can talk about whining.
Try to stay on topic at least for a few threads at a time. There are pills for ADD.

Beaker said:
I suppose there could be bigger wastes of time in life than to have threads on a fan messageboard soliciting congratulations to another franchise for winning a Super Bowl, a thread that will never be read by anyone connected to that organization and is only designed to give people some totally misplaced sense of 'class'. I suppose there could be. I may need a few days off to figure them out. But there have to be, right?

Off the top of my head, the time it took you to write that post!
And that took me all of 10 seconds. Wasn't that hard at all!

ClosingTime said:

I find it amusing how much time you waste coming here. You are what you come here to accuse us of, a homer. :D

ClosingTime said:
Try to stay on topic at least for a few threads at a time. There are pills for ADD.
I thought the topic was what a douchebag you are. I guess that must be the other ClosingTime too.

sarge said:
Off the top of my head, the time it took you to write that post!
And that took me all of 10 seconds. Wasn't that hard at all!
Ah, quick witted AND classy. You can rest easy tonight knowing that you've reached a virtual hand across the aisle to Steeler fans. That's what makes the Internet so great: the nameless humanitarians like yourself toiling in the vineyards. Keep on truckin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News