PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Congrats Steelers! (no sarcasm)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beaker, I think these are the guys who can bring our 'Hands Across the AFC' concept to life.

Pats67 said:
Beaker, I think these are the guys who can bring our 'Hands Across the AFC' concept to life.

Let's get Michael Jackson to write a song, and get a whole bunch of stars to record it... :p

Yes, for God Sakes, let's bring the civility back to football. And who is more deserving of our respect than the classy Pittsburgh Steelers organization?

PATSNUTme said:
T- What about the professional football players at mid fields who didn't shake Tom's hand. Aren't they all brother players. Never saw that before.

Cripe, they were at the SB. They were the 6th seed and they made it all the way to the SB. They should have been happy as hell. They should have had a 'joy to the world" attitude. Instead they boo two players who were there as part as group of former MVP's.

Nope - no congrat coming out of this guy for those classless bastards.

Never saw a coin flip from an active player before, either. Did you ever stop to consider that the coin flip went AGAINST Pittsburgh? Thanks for the losing coin toss, now I want to shake your hand.

Ease up on the "Greatest Disrespect Ever" theory. The refs were in control for the flip and were directing everyone back to their bench. It was not some well thought out orchestrated event. It was more like unorginized chaos, just like they called the game.

Seattle won the toss and the ball. Of course they were glad to shake his hand.

Na_polian said:
Let's get Michael Jackson to write a song, and get a whole bunch of stars to record it... :p
Think about it, Na....fans of all stripes coming together at a mutually agreed upon moment to join hands and sing a badly written Carole Bayer Sager song in the ultimate show of classiness. Think how moving it would be to finally connect with TomBradyIsGay and the many others who have visited this site looking only to make new friends. I'm about to bawl just thinking about the social and economic ramifications of this kind of show of solidarity.

Beaker said:
Yes, for God Sakes, let's bring the civility back to football. And who is more deserving of our respect than the classy Pittsburgh Steelers organization?
Who Dey
Who Dey
Who Dey say we're not the classiest bunch around?

Pats67 said:
Think about it, Na....fans of all stripes coming together at a mutually agreed upon moment to join hands and sing a badly written Carole Bayer Sager song in the ultimate show of classiness. Think how moving it would be to finally connect with TomBradyIsGay and the many others who have visited this site looking only to make new friends. I'm about to bawl just thinking about the social and economic ramifications of this kind of show of solidarity.

People holding hands, swaying in the breeze, like aging smelly hippies inging, "AAAAAALL WE ARE SAAAAAAAYING, IS GIIIIIVE PITTS A CHANCE...."

:eek:

:D I've never been prouder to be an Internet poster than I am right this minute. I've got to compose myself.

OhExaulted1 said:
Never saw a coin flip from an active player before, either. Did you ever stop to consider that the coin flip went AGAINST Pittsburgh? Thanks for the losing coin toss, now I want to shake your hand.

Ease up on the "Greatest Disrespect Ever" theory. The refs were in control for the flip and were directing everyone back to their bench. It was not some well thought out orchestrated event. It was more like unorginized chaos, just like they called the game.

Seattle won the toss and the ball. Of course they were glad to shake his hand.
Sorry guy, your reply is really off the wall.

Bella*chick said:
Absolutely. I have Steeler fan friends and they have been curiously silent. It's too bad because they have waited patiently for this and to get it like this has to bite the big one. :(

I think this captures what our general challenge in offering "Congratulations"

I think we pity both them, as well as the Seahawks more than anything els

And its kindof tough to celebrate excellence when you are pitying teams for being victims of incompetence.

And, I forgot the classless coach. With 3:30 left in the game he's running up and down the sideline jumping in celebration. Would BB ever do do that with that much time left in the game-NO. He has too much respect for the game and the other team.

I've never seen that before either. If I were a Seahawks coach or player I would have been pissed.

Maybe the ref's made him do that.

PATSNUTme said:
Sorry guy, your reply is really off the wall.

You're response to the coin flip is off the wall and I'll bet Brady would agree.

Seattle won the coin toss. Pittsburgh was dissapointed. If it was Bradshaw, sure, they would have shook his hand anyway.

Brady is a rival who ended their season 2 of the last 3 years, and now he flipped the coin in their opponents favor. How many times has this happened in the past? Can you name a similar precedent?

Congratulations, Steelers.

Sweet, ain't it?

See ya.

PATSNUTme said:
And, I forgot the classless coach. With 3:30 left in the game he's running up and down the sideline jumping in celebration. Would BB ever do do that with that much time left in the game-NO. He has too much respect for the game and the other team.

I've never seen that before either. If I were a Seahawks coach or player I would have been pissed.

Maybe the ref's made him do that.

correct.
i noted it too and i was still HOPING in a miracle from SEA (that ofb course could have NEVER happened...) because with 3,30 left they were allready celebrating...

they showed ZERO respect...

good to remember...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes