PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

COMPLETE Branch interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
You must have a hard time sorting through the news every day if you thought that made the Patriots look horrid. What I got out of it was Branch was a greeedy little bastard, who assisted by the conniving NFLPA and their toady propagandist, @$$-faced Borges, manipulated his way out of a signed contract while pretending he did it for some kind of "principle" which no one can clearly identify. I have no doubt he used Brady throughout this process and I wish him nothing but difficulties the rest of his inglorious career. HE never mentioned the fans, the region, the coaches that trained him. Minnie Mouse is the bottom of the barrell, the dregs. Since it's just a business to him, I will view him in the same cold-hearted manner when he snaps a twig on the field of play. Karma is a byatch.

Last edited:
PonyExpress said:
You must have a hard time sorting through the news every day if you thought that made the Patriots look horrid. What I got out of it was Branch was a greeedy little bastard, who assisted by the conniving NFLPA and their toady propagandist, @$$-faced Borges, manipulated his way out of a signed contract while pretending he did it for some kind of "principle" which no one can clearly identify. I have no doubt he used Brady throughout this process and I wish him nothing but difficulties the rest of his inglorious career. HE never mentioned the fans, the region, the coaches that trained him. Minnie Mouse is the bottom of the barrell, the dregs. Since it's just a business to him, I will view him in the same cold-hearted manner when he snaps a twig on the field of play. Karma is a byatch.
I agree...well said...he didn't mention the coaches, the fans..I think we know what Branch is made of...

we don't know that he didn't mention the coaches or the fans, this article was written by Borges after all...and Borges only reports on what he thinks will do the Patriots to most harm.

Just what stature does Deion Branch have other than great post season play? Look, the guy's great, I loved having him on the team, but in terms of outperforming his contract? No, he hasn't. WRs with his talent are dime a dozen, look at all the other solid WRs that came out of the same draft

Leaders in bold

Other 2002 draftees:

Branch........213rec 2744 yards 12.9 ypc 14td
Stallworth....201rec 2932 yards 14.6 ypc 24td
Lelie...........169rec 3012 yards 17.8 ypc 12td
Walker........160rec 2485 yards 15.5 ypc 22td**
Randle Els....167rec 2046 yards 12.3 ypc 7 td
A Bryant......214rec 3218 yards 15.0 ypc 16td
Gaffney.......171rec 2009 yards 11.7 ypc 7 td

**Missed 15 games in 2005

Javon Walker is clearly the best receiver on that list, then I'd have to go Antonio Bryant, Stallworth then Deion. Bottom line, Deion was somewhere between the 3rd and 5th best wide receiver just in his draft. And if Deion deserves a raise, should players like Reche Caldwell, Andre Davis or Tim Carter who were also taken in the 2nd round and who have not performed up to expectations be forced to give some of their money back? No. Deion was a 2nd round pick and he has performed well. Not extraordinary.

Last edited:
Sounds to me like his agent made a mistake with that 5yr, and covered his ass by blaming the FO. Branch believed him.

Here's what I don't get....."after he performed exceedingly well" he was presented with the 5yr contract? I must have been misinformed on the process of signing rookies. I thought that they didn't report till the contracts were done? Isn't this why some rookies don't get to camp on time, because they are waiting until contract are done? This just sounds like such BS, supported by the agents reps of the NFLPA.

shmessy said:
BTW, someone on this board (I'm sorry, I wish I remembered who) wrote an excellent detailed analysis of the second, longer contract offer the Pats made to Branch and comparing it to Branch's stat rankings amongst the NFL receivers.

The Pats were being MORE than fair for what Deion brings to the table.......and they were doing it while he STILL was under contract for another year.

Borges is just being his usual mosquito on a Champion's neck.

Mr.Tibbs: I really hope you read this reply, because it is the truth and what you and Wrong Borges believe is a bunch of bunk.

Deion is worth 2/3 the money he is making now, at best. The Pats would have paided him 3 million this year in incentives if he was worth it by earning it on the field over the past several seasons.

All this talk about spread offense is crap. Deion is a strong #2, nothing more. NEVER had 1000 yards, NEVER been healty for long periods of time, and turns out to be a douchebag to the extreme.

Last edited:
MrTibbs said:
It's going to be VERY INTERESTING how the players deal with front office when they have out grown their contracts. Wasn't it printed somewhere that Graham said he's giving them one shot to get it right and if not he's gone?

So what is your point here? Are you suggesting that the Pats have somehow done something so much different than other teams that now they are cursed when it comes to negotiating?

They offer a player what the player is worth. If Grambo wants more than he is worth than I say ship him the f#ck out of town on the next jet airplane to where the grass is greener for him.

Are you suggesting that we start to overpay players just for the f#ck of it? Just randomly cough up whatever pile of cash some blinged out 26 year old athlete feels like earning based on what other blinged out 26 year olds have squeezed out of Front Offices by such tactics as hold-outs and not honoring contracts and filing false grievances and tampering with the Jets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/10: News and Notes
MORSE: Draft Analysis and Thoughts on Patriots Rookie Mini Camp
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
Back