PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Comparing Ty Warren and DeWayne Robertson

Status
Not open for further replies.
the reign of the Pats seems to all be a blur for me with one season blending into the otehr, but the biggest thing about bethel in my mind is he HAS changed at least 3 games with big plays since being drafted. I remember diving grab for a big first down leading to a touchdown last year at some point, burning a CB from Atlanta (I think) this year for a big TD, and a big run back here and there (against Indy especially). not sayign that if we had someone else they may not do that and more, but to me plays like that with the patriots are a difference between a win and a loss and he has made some plays over his still short career that have made the difference for what I would say at least three wins. Thank you Bethel, I am waiting him to do something special come playoff time.
as for klecko I was a backer this offseason, but looks like this should be his last year in NE.

kptmorgan04 said:
the reign of the Pats seems to all be a blur for me with one season blending into the otehr, but the biggest thing about bethel in my mind is he HAS changed at least 3 games with big plays since being drafted. I remember diving grab for a big first down leading to a touchdown last year at some point, burning a CB from Atlanta (I think) this year for a big TD, and a big run back here and there (against Indy especially). not sayign that if we had someone else they may not do that and more, but to me plays like that with the patriots are a difference between a win and a loss and he has made some plays over his still short career that have made the difference for what I would say at least three wins. Thank you Bethel, I am waiting him to do something special come playoff time.
as for klecko I was a backer this offseason, but looks like this should be his last year in NE.

You didn't mention the TD grab to start the game against Tenn in the below zero playoff game. That game I believe we won by less than a TD as everyone was sweating out Tenn last pocession and some long passes by MCNAIR.

Last edited:
KDPpatsfan said:
Lets not get too carried away..they did draft Cobbs,Reid, and Klecko whom I think will be cut next year and hasn't contributed much. Oh and should I bring up that we used a second on Bethel Freakin Johnson?

Drafts are hit or miss even for BB.

Oh and here is a list of players we could have had instead of Bethel...

Anquan Bolden
Mike Doss
Lee Suggs

Need I go on?

It's time to admit that BJ was a bust. Klecko was a fourth so no biggie but Bethel was a high second who has done NOTHING. Anyone say TONY SIMMONS

...there is some truth to this. Every team tanks it on some of their picks. I really don't care which team it is. It is impossible to hit a home run on every pick. Impossible. Team Beioli are on track for one of the best runs ever in history though.

You say Bethel, I say Branch. You say Klecko, I say Seymour. You say Starks, I say Harrison. You say Cobbs, I say Hobbs.

Now at least we didn't draft Ryan Leaf...

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl said:
...there is some truth to this. Every team tanks it on some of their picks. I really don't care which team it is. It is impossible to hit a home run on every pick. Impossible. Team Beioli are on track for one of the best runs ever in history though.

You say Bethel, I say Branch. You say Klecko, I say Seymour. You say Starks, I say Harrison. You say Cobbs, I say Hobbs.

Now at least we didn't draft Ryan Leaf...

very nicely said!

I hear those of you who brought up the handful of big plays BJ has made. I agree that some were very big. My point though is that his production has certainly not justified a high second round pick in any way. He is basically a poor man's Dante Hall and Hall wasn't even drafted! Guys who can return kicks and are fast do not require a second rounder IMO.

Cobbs was cut

Reid was cut

The overeall point of my post was just to say that no one can really be touted too much as a "draft genius" because you or I could likely be right 50% of the time which is about what some teams are (if not worse i.e. the Bills)

And RayClay. ...no need to insult me because you disagree..just make an intelligent argument and it will suffice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft