PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Come play a free Football MMO/Simulator

A great drive by Tom Brady Jr. in the 3rd quarter for the TD (Tommy Bee throws it!). Catches by Stanley Steamer, Ian Welsh, and Smug Deed, all for good yardage. Really gets us some momentum. On one play the opposing corner backs ran into each other and Stanley blows past them for the grab!

In the fourth quarter we got some of the running game going on pitches to Sammie Maroney that looked good. On one there were 2 missed tackles, but in space he was much quicker than their guys. It could have been their backups. If so, this is where depth and stamina come in to play.

Seeing as we want to trounce the next team, lets talk about HOW we go about doing that.

The Meteors are 2-0, but they aren't a strong team at all. But we didn't play all that well in the last game. Way too many 3 and outs.

The Meteors are a running team, mostly. They've got a 1.5 to 1 ratio of runs to passes. (91 runs to 64 passes). They have 5 fumbles on those 91 carries already. They don't have a very strong defense up the middle, relying on their CPU lvl 7 NT. They are also not very deep so we may want to consider running the ball more this game. But that is just a suggestion.

They are going to lose their back-up FB since his contract expired on S2 Day 5 and he's been inactive. They may also be short one of their starting CBs since his contract expires on game day and he's been inactive.

Their one LT is lvl 6 so he should be able to be exploited.
They only have 2 TEs and they should be able to be exploited as well by playing man.

OK, that's the end of the game. I'm sure everybody knows this already, but watching the replays is really fun and illuminating. Like watching film.

Our defense is fantastic and really saved our bacon. We could stand a better pass rush, and our coverage is sometimes a little soft, but there are some strange plays where we rush 2 guys and cover with the other 9 and still give up a long completion. Not much you can do about that!

Our passing game is obviously our offensive strength. Our linemen do well enough with pass blocking to give us time to get guys open and get them the ball, but we really get steamed running the ball. Very few 4+ yard plays. I'm not too sure how we improve this but maybe one method is to get our guys stamina high enough so that they're good for the whole game, and then have them focus on blocking, strength, and agility exclusively. I don't have a lineman in the game, so I'm not sure what the best approach to developing one is. Any ideas? Also, maybe we can get our backs to hit the hole a bit quicker?

The chart that is floating around on the Stamina is a really good guide for people to use. If your stamina is much lower than that, you need to focus on it. The more stamina you have, the better off you'll be.

Also, people should be focusing on just ONE ability tree until you get to the higher levels.

The chart that is floating around on the Stamina is a really good guide for people to use. If your stamina is much lower than that, you need to focus on it. The more stamina you have, the better off you'll be.

Also, people should be focusing on just ONE ability tree until you get to the higher levels.

How do I find this chart - is it in this thread (that is too long for me to look through it)?

And what exactly is the ability tree - the blocking/receiving section, or even the specific options like run block or pass block?

How do I find this chart - is it in this thread (that is too long for me to look through it)?

And what exactly is the ability tree - the blocking/receiving section, or even the specific options like run block or pass block?

The ability trees are the specialty skills.

The chart is as follows:

Originally posted by tpaterniti
This is a guide to creating and upgrading your players. I am by no means an expert, but by talking with vets and reading a lot of forums I have picked up a lot of tips about how to make players generally and at specific positions. This If you have better player models or tips to add, by all means please do.

General Tips

Stamina

Stamina is crucial for any player. It doesn’t matter how good your player is if he is warming the bench. Furthermore, you get XP based on how many plays you play, not what you do during them. So being on the field is key. Here are some specific guidelines:

Offensive players - these do not tire as quickly as defensive players.

QB

Level 1 - 14
Level 2 - 17
Level 5 - 21
Level 10 - 25
etc.

WR, TE, O-linemen

Level 1 - 16
Level 2 - 19
Level 5 - 25
Level 10 - 30
etc.

Defensive players and HB - they tire easily so they need a little more.

Level 1 - 16
Level 2 - 20
Level 5 - 26
Level 10- 32
etc.

Punters and Kickers - these do not tire much at all so they do not need as much stamina.

Level 1 - 8
Level 2 - 8
Level 3 - 9
Level 4 - 10
Level 5 - 11
etc.

I'll also post the entire thing in the team forum.

Also, players who play on special teams expend a lot of energy. So, its a good idea to have the return men NOT be the primary WRs/CBs/HBs

The ability trees are the specialty skills.

The chart is as follows:

Originally posted by tpaterniti
This is a guide to creating and upgrading your players. I am by no means an expert, but by talking with vets and reading a lot of forums I have picked up a lot of tips about how to make players generally and at specific positions. This If you have better player models or tips to add, by all means please do.

General Tips

Stamina

Stamina is crucial for any player. It doesn’t matter how good your player is if he is warming the bench. Furthermore, you get XP based on how many plays you play, not what you do during them. So being on the field is key. Here are some specific guidelines:

Offensive players - these do not tire as quickly as defensive players.

QB

Level 1 - 14
Level 2 - 17
Level 5 - 21
Level 10 - 25
etc.

WR, TE, O-linemen

Level 1 - 16
Level 2 - 19
Level 5 - 25
Level 10 - 30
etc.

Defensive players and HB - they tire easily so they need a little more.

Level 1 - 16
Level 2 - 20
Level 5 - 26
Level 10- 32
etc.

Punters and Kickers - these do not tire much at all so they do not need as much stamina.

Level 1 - 8
Level 2 - 8
Level 3 - 9
Level 4 - 10
Level 5 - 11
etc.

I'll also post the entire thing in the team forum.

Thanks, that's helpful. So after you get to where you want to be at level 5, invest 1 skill point every level and you'll be OK (assuming you're not training stamina).

To the point on the offensive line, that probably means that they can train strength or blocking without losing on the stamina front so long as they invest the skill points when they level up.

BTW, in case people don't know. You need 50K to upgrade your equipment at level 16.

Also, if its OK with Fnord, I think everyone should turn their attribs to viewable by team members so that suggestions can be made on how to improve your player build.

It doesn't do any good to have a lineman with a 48 blocking and 48 strength if his stamina is only 17. He'll spend more time sucking wind than he will in the game. Same goes for RBs and most defensive players. Also, special teams players use a TON of energy.

BTW, in case people don't know. You need 50K to upgrade your equipment at level 16.

Also, if its OK with Fnord, I think everyone should turn their attribs to viewable by team members so that suggestions can be made on how to improve your player build.

It doesn't do any good to have a lineman with a 48 blocking and 48 strength if his stamina is only 17. He'll spend more time sucking wind than he will in the game. Same goes for RBs and most defensive players. Also, special teams players use a TON of energy.

Good idea about turning on viewable attributes.. it can only help the good of the team.

Also, I'm up to 43 for stamina and I'm currently at Level 10 (Ronald Pancake), so if you need help on special teams I can do it, last game I only went down to 92 energy despite setting playing intensity to "hard".

i was wondering if brandon weather and college cason could get new contract offers?

i need to get them their new equipment

Good idea about turning on viewable attributes.. it can only help the good of the team.

Also, I'm up to 43 for stamina and I'm currently at Level 10 (Ronald Pancake), so if you need help on special teams I can do it, last game I only went down to 92 energy despite setting playing intensity to "hard".

I think you can relax on the stamina and focus on strength, blocking, agility and vision.

Can Chris Boynkins (level 11 defensive end) PLEASE get more than 25% of the punter's salary so that I can train and upgrade my equipment and actually keep up with the rest of the team?

Last edited:
Is there any way Ian Welsh can get a new contract? I can't even train on Normal intensity anymore; it's more than two times my daily salary, at a level 7. As soon as my flex points come in, he's also going to be boosted to level 9, so training's going to get even more expensive.

Other than that, good game from what I've seen and good luck tomorrow (?).

Guys, like I said earlier send me an email in game and I'll bump up your contracts. Nobody should be complaining about not having enough money right now, if you can't afford equipment or to train at the level you want then email me in game with what you need and I'll include 10k for L8 equipment upgrades.

I feel that training is all about what's the best "value" at that time. Right now I could be gaining +0.23/blocking at normal intensity, instead I'm doing +0.59/speed at normal intensity. Speed for a left tackle might rarely come into play, but I feel it's important as it may help with my agility as well as handling speed rushers off the edge.

What do you guys think?

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back