PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colts to repeat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well New England (and more specifically Boston) is a huge sports market in general and for the most part have teams with huge fanbases (Celtics, Red Soxs, Pats) but the area in general I believe has a perceived persona of arrogance and ****iness, and generally stuck up, so I think a lot more people tend to root against these types of teams and root for the smaller market "underdogs" (even though I don't believe the colts are underdogs in the normal sense of the word, but in terms of fanbase and marketability)

With all their losses this year, you'd think they were underdogs.

I agree that the Colts are the reigning champs, and you knock 'em off before you call 'em done. I also know that a team can lose, ohhh say Ted Washington at nose tackle or Ty Law at cornerback, and still come up with another Super Bowl. We had losses every year.

On paper, I wouldn't want to be the Colts. In the locker room, they're set. They get to play the "no respect" card, they get to be reigning champs and underdog, they might even have the rest of the league more up for games against the Pats than against them.

On paper? I don't think anybody will be turning up the heat in the dome in January. On the field? Well, that's why they play the games.

Good luck, champs. (Don't get too used to the sound of that ;) )

PFnV

On paper, the Pats have improved their team more than the Colts.

However, the Redskins prove most years that signing a lot of good

free agents does not always result in wins on the football field.

We will see how good the Pats are when we play the Colts at Indianapolis

the eighth game of the regular season. Payton has a three game winning

streak going against us.

On paper, the Pats have improved their team more than the Colts.

However, the Redskins prove most years that signing a lot of good

free agents does not always result in wins on the football field.

We will see how good the Pats are when we play the Colts at Indianapolis

the eighth game of the regular season. Payton has a three game winning

streak going against us.

There's a huge difference in FO capability between Washington and New England, to say nothing of coaching. In Washington it is Snyder picking the hot FAs and then deciding on a coach. In NE, it's Pioli and Belichick picking FAs for BB to coach.
And yes, I believe even Gibbs will not be enough for that franchise to turn around.

BB>JG No doubt here.

There's a huge difference in FO capability between Washington and New England, to say nothing of coaching. In Washington it is Snyder picking the hot FAs and then deciding on a coach. In NE, it's Pioli and Belichick picking FAs for BB to coach.
And yes, I believe even Gibbs will not be enough for that franchise to turn around.

BB>JG No doubt here.

In the end it still doesn't matter, for 3-4 years the Colts had a better team "on paper" than the patriots, we see how that turned out until recently

In the end it still doesn't matter, for 3-4 years the Colts had a better team "on paper" than the patriots, we see how that turned out until recently

I wouldn't even compare those Colts teams with Washington. The Colts WERE good on the field as well as on paper. They just had the misfortune of running into a BB coached team in the play offs :D I know Pittsburgh was an obstacle, too. Good Defensive teams in any case.
Colts have always been more stacked on offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News