PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colt's fans downplaying the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure where your getting your info at, they are right, no rings are going to be awarded for this game, but that doesn't mean nobody thinks its a big game, Im not hearing anything from any Colts fans saying this isn't a big game, trust me the Colts want no part of Foxboro come January and I don't think the Pats want any part of the Dome come January either, I really think this game will decide home field in the playoffs..

I highly doubt that NE has nearly as much angst about playing in a heated dome come Jan vs the amount of angst a team that usually plays in domes feels about playing in the cold snow...

Of course, we'd much prefer to play at home for the crowd advantage, but we'd have less trouble performing IMO then a team that's not entirely acclimated to the cold.

I agree with the idea that rings are not won in November.

This game is big for HFA, but that's it. And considering that Indy has beaten us in the last two games in Foxboro they can argue that even HFA isn't that important.

Let ESPN hype up this game. It may very well be the biggest regular season game this decade, but there are 11 bigger games every year.

I highly doubt that NE has nearly as much angst about playing in a heated dome come Jan vs the amount of angst a team that usually plays in domes feels about playing in the cold snow...

Of course, we'd much prefer to play at home for the crowd advantage, but we'd have less trouble performing IMO then a team that's not entirely acclimated to the cold.

our playing style has changed alot since the two playoff losses at fox, we can play alot better in the elements then we did in years past, but Im still not as confident about playing in NE in January..

The winner gets homefield. You don't really think the winner of this game is going to lose two games down the stretch, do you? And don't give me the "any given sunday" stuff.

Believe me, the Colts want nothing to do with Foxboro in January, and we don't want to be near that dome. So, it is a HUGE game.

The winner is not guaranteed home field advantage no matter how you want to say it. The winner of home field advantage is not guaranteed to advance in the playoffs. The winner of a playoff game is guaranteed to advance in the playoffs. So how is Sundays game as important as a playoff game?

our playing style has changed alot since the two playoff losses at fox, we can play alot better in the elements then we did in years past, but Im still not as confident about playing in NE in January..

I won't disagree with you that your play style have changed. You're team has gotten better.

But as you've stated, you have less confidence in your players ability to play in the elements then I do for my players to play in a climate controlled dome :D

Again, I'd really like to come away from week 9 with a win, just because I want to bean Indy more then any team on our schedule ;)

The funny part this game is actually even more important than the hype because it basically controls who gets HFA.

If the Pats had won the game against the Colts last year they would have had home field and Manning would still be looking for his ring.

Last edited:
I won't disagree with you that your play style have changed. You're team has gotten better.

But as you've stated, you have less confidence in your players ability to play in the elements then I do for my players to play in a climate controlled dome :D

Again, I'd really like to come away from week 9 with a win, just because I want to bean Indy more then any team on our schedule ;)

I can't blame you for wanting to bean Indy, alot of Colts fans feel the same way about the Pats :D but only because we respect the Pats more then any other team we play because we all know that this game is going to be one of the hardest games the Colts have ever played, where our "A" game might not even be enough to win...

Last edited:
Let me repeat myself. The Eagles, Ravens, Steelers & Giants certainly aren't easy opponents :rolleyes:

The Eagles are awful.

The Ravens can't score.

The Steelers can't cover the wideouts.

The Giants have no defense.

Looks to me like W,W,W,W

Or, as Randy Moss would say..."Straight Cash, Homey".

The winner is not guaranteed home field advantage no matter how you want to say it. The winner of home field advantage is not guaranteed to advance in the playoffs. The winner of a playoff game is guaranteed to advance in the playoffs. So how is Sundays game as important as a playoff game?

Simply because home field is the single biggest advantage there will be regarding that game. And Sunday's game will DRAMATICALLY increase the odds of gaining home field advantage.

Can you hear the words we are saying?:eek:

The Eagles are awful.

The Ravens can't score.

Looks to me like W,W,W,W

Yo homes...when we consider easy or tough opponents, the only yardstick used is to compare these teams to the rest of the league. That being said, compared to the rest of the league, the Ravens, Steelers, Giants & Eagles are not easy games.

The way you're talking, there are only 1 or 2 possible tough games...and that's just not a knowledgeable football viewpoint.

Now YOU can say that in your OPINION they are not easy games. But based upon their respective records, they are tough games. That just the way knowledgeable football people look at it. You don't use your opinion, you use the facts...pretty simple if you ask me!:rolleyes:

If I was a Colts fan, I'd be downplaying this game, too. "Just another game", "Patriots are just another team on the schedule", "One game out of 16", etc., etc., etc.

Bull shorts.

This is a grudge match. Last year HURT . It hurt bad.

Don't want to feel that way again.

//

well, it's true. Thsi is the warmup for the AFCCG unless someone important gets injured for one team or the other.

The Eagles are awful.

The Ravens can't score.

Looks to me like W,W,W,W

The Eagles aren't what they used to be, check.

The Ravens can't score, but they have the most physical LB in the game, and a hard hitting defense. A 'w' and team health are a priority.

The Steelers are #1 in defense, and also play very physical. I recall the 14-2, lock to win the super bowl Colts got hammered by the Steelers in 2005.

The Giants have the toughest pass rush in the league right now, and it will be in week 16 when we might not be playing for anything, and the Giants will be in the thick of the NFC playoff chase. This game will be a challenge for our o-line for as long as Brady is in there. Again, health may be more important than a 'w' in this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft