PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colt's fans downplaying the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
This team is getting better every week. I am tired of hearing the Patriots have not been tested yet. They are tested every week and are passing with flying colors.

Tested implies tested by the best teams. if you think Redskins are anywhere near as good as the Colts, you're wrong.

This team is getting better every week. I am tired of hearing the Patriots have not been tested yet. They are tested every week and are passing with flying colors.
I know one thing - our defense has been tested more than the Colts.

Ignoring Vinny and the Jax replacement as ESPN didn't have their #s, we've faced 4 QB with QB ratings in the top 20, ranked 5,6,12,14 whereas the Colts and their "tough schedule" have faced two, ranked 7,17. Garrard would have been up there (I left him off the list as he got hurt) and was a good 8-12 before getting hurt.

I think we are just trying to keep things in perspective. Imagine if Colts win, what does that do?? Well, not a lot, because we have to turn around and go out to SD. Lose that, and we are both 8-1. With 3 cupcakes left in the AFC Least, versus some decent competition for us with our South brethren, we still have an uphill battle.

Winning does not gaurantee HFA, nor does losing make it an impossibility. What losing DOES do is tighten up our Division, with TN and Jax just 1 game behind.

Listen to the rook, HBM telling the veterans the way it is! Well thanks Hebanme, that sh'uah was awfly nicer ya! :rolleyes:

He meant the playoff road as we'd likely be @ Indy.

Agree with you, there aren't many games I see being competitive after this one. Pitt is about it.

Eagles, Ravens, Steeler & Giants games are certainly not "easy" opponents. What's gotten into you son?

Last edited:
I find it very funny that Colt's fans are downplaying this game big time. I live in Indianapolis so I am surrounded by royal blue. You would not believe how many times in the last 2 days I have either read or heard people say "there are no rings awarded for the winner of this game" It is obvious that they are just setting themselves up for the lost on Sunday. If they thought they had a legitimate chance they wouldn't be saying that garbage.:p

I agree with this. This weekend's game is just another game on the schedule.
It's likely to set HFA for the playoffs, but it might not. In a 16 game season
every game is important. If both teams stay healthy I would not have a big
problem playing a rubber game in Indy for the AFCCG. I would rather have it
in Foxboro but it would not freak me out having to go back to Indy to play.
Settle down people and enjoy the game between the two top NFL teams. It's
too early to get hysterical.

The road to the Super Bowl will in all likelihood run through whoever wins this game. So yes, it's very important.

2003: Patriots beat Colts during the season, get HFA in the AFCCG, Patriots win that game.

2004: Patriots beat Colts during the season, get HFA in the divisonal playoffs, Patriots win that game.

2006: Colts beat Patriots during the season, get HFA in the AFCCG, Colts win that game.

Not as important as a do-or-die elimination game obviously, but still has a large impact on how the playoff seeding could turn out.

It's funny the Colt trolls are downplaying this thread

Home field advantage is definitely important. Especially for Indy.

Well they should be scared. I would be if I was them. There is no way that the Colts can beat us. Not possible. Harrison lost a step and can't stay healthy. So it's really about stopping Wayne. One person. Our LB's can cover Clark, and our run D has been pretty good to stop Addai. We are seriously going to kill the Colts.

I think we are just trying to keep things in perspective. Imagine if Colts win, what does that do?? Well, not a lot, because we have to turn around and go out to SD. Lose that, and we are both 8-1. With 3 cupcakes left in the AFC Least, versus some decent competition for us with our South brethren, we still have an uphill battle.

Winning does not gaurantee HFA, nor does losing make it an impossibility. What losing DOES do is tighten up our Division, with TN and Jax just 1 game behind.

You guys will crush the jags. Don't ya think? And, as long as you don't get beat up this sunday, the bolts are still way beatable. I think that the colts D could own the bolts. They are still so one dimensional, no matter what anybody says.

Re: Just a reguar season game?

I actually think this game is more important for the Patriots than the Colts. Sure, we probably have a better chance to win @ Indy in the playoffs than they do @ NE but . . .

We've lost 3 in a row to them. We just completed the best half season of football in NFL history. Good God. If we can't beat them this week, I don't see any reason to think we'll beat them in January.

I agree. And, I think that the going will be quite tough for the pats as they move forward. The pressure will mount like never before - if they win that is. This will be an historic season for all aspects of football. The press is already gearing up for the most ludicrous articles ever written. I mean, they are in rare form. But, the pats are certainly in rare form too! What a country.

Frankly, I see it as a credit to Indy that they downplay this game. They have finally realized that games played in November just aren't as important as those played in Jan/Feb.

It does come across a little like rationalization, so I can see that one too, I guess.

I find it very funny that Colt's fans are downplaying this game big time. I live in Indianapolis so I am surrounded by royal blue. You would not believe how many times in the last 2 days I have either read or heard people say "there are no rings awarded for the winner of this game" It is obvious that they are just setting themselves up for the lost on Sunday. If they thought they had a legitimate chance they wouldn't be saying that garbage.:p

Not sure where your getting your info at, they are right, no rings are going to be awarded for this game, but that doesn't mean nobody thinks its a big game, Im not hearing anything from any Colts fans saying this isn't a big game, trust me the Colts want no part of Foxboro come January and I don't think the Pats want any part of the Dome come January either, I really think this game will decide home field in the playoffs..

Hahahaha - yes we try to set ourselves up for the wons and lostes.

In all honesty... I'm not "hyping" the game. While I look forward to the matchup, the only thing that could be remotely decided by this game would possibly be home field. This is for all intents and purposes "just another game on the schedule". Granted, it will be a grudge match after the AGCCG, but it's not another playoff game, neither team doesn't get to play after this game...

Don't get me wrong, again, I'm excited as hell about this game, and want a big win as much as the next Pats fan. I could care less if we go 16-0, I just want to beat Indy. Fact is though, even if we don't... We still have 7 more games to play.

Downplaying? I guess if you want to call it that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes