PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colin Cowherd Just Ripped Belichick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrong.

In the modern NFL, you cannot "draft a super bowl". You can only draft contention for a super bowl. Too much luck and injury situation play a part.

The Patriots have been serious contenders 4 of the last 6 years - - which we all see as a relative catastrophe. The two other years, they went 10-6 and 11-5.

The fact that you compare that to the Redskins whom their own RADIO STATION (owned by Napolean Snyder himself) yesterday joked need to draft 20 of their 22 position players this week to be considered average is delusional.

I'm not comparing the franchises, I'm comparing the ending, neither team went home with the Lombardi and that's what matters, or so I've always been led to believe.

And who says we are drafting a Super Bowl? We're drafting a player for a serious position of need on an already great team. Getting to someone who can get to the QB (and sack him) is going to help out this team immensely, from the secondary on down to the offense.

And, how is a lesser known DE/OLB conversion in later rounds going to help us contend for a championship more than one of the top rated pass rushers. Every year, we draft one of these projects, we try to justify it by saying he must be a great fit and before you know it the guy is cut or traded. All I'm saying is take a chance on a pass rusher, one of the higher-rated pass rushers. Not someone who wasn't even the best pass rusher on his college team, or someone who we Google his name to find out who the **** he is.

So, you wear a Patriots AFC East Champions shirt/hat around, how about that 2007 AFC Champions shirt/hat?

We are in contention almost every year and are so close to winning it all if we just fill one if our most glaring needs, the same one we've had for several years. Why not draft one of the top rated athletes at that position of need, even if it means taking a risk with a higher pick.

Hey Badger

Here's another one that wants a Vernon Gholston, Aaron Maybin, Jerry Hughes, Larry English, Everette Brown, Anthony Spencer.

I have to agree with cowturd on this one. Not only did the patriots blow this pick, but they let the best tackle in the draft slip to Indy. I hope I can learn to like Sodder, but I threw up in my mouth when that pick was made - wasted pick IMO.

Last edited:
And, how is a lesser known DE/OLB conversion in later rounds going to help us contend for a championship more than one of the top rated pass rushers. Every year, we draft one of these projects, we try to justify it by saying he must be a great fit and before you know it the guy is cut or traded. All I'm saying is take a chance on a pass rusher, one of the higher-rated pass rushers. Not someone who wasn't even the best pass rusher on his college team, or someone who we Google his name to find out who the **** he is.

"......or someone who we Google his name to find out who the **** he is"

Like Devin McCourty?

but they let the best tackle in the draft slip to Indy..........

Funny, I'd heard today that Indy settled for their second choice because the Pats grabbed Solder. How do we know who's right here?:rolleyes:

Hey Badger

Here's another one that wants a Vernon Gholston, Aaron Maybin, Jerry Hughes, Larry English, Everette Brown, Anthony Spencer.

As a matter of fact, I probably would have, depending on who we would have to give up. They can't be any worse than Ryan Claridge, Jeremy Mincey, Justin Rorgers or Shawn Crable. Plus, cause one player busted on one team doesn't mean they would bust here.

Solder will be a stud, Akeem Ayers, Brooks Reed, Allen Bailey, Sam Acho are still out there as great 3-4 OLB, Cowherd is an idiot.

"......or someone who we Google his name to find out who the **** he is"

Like Devin McCourty?

Exactly, well kind of.

We need a pass rusher. If we're willing to take chances on lesser known players at positions that aren't our biggest need, why not take a chance on one of the higher rated ones in hope of filling our most pressing need.

Pathetic Rob Ninkovich is a starter on this defense.

Do you really think Ninkovich and lack of a pass rush is why they lost to the Jets??

I'm not comparing the franchises, I'm comparing the ending, neither team went home with the Lombardi and that's what matters, or so I've always been led to believe.
Perhaps I'm missing something, but I've never quite understood 'the only thing that matters is a championship' reasoning in a debate. Based on that logic the Steelers and Jets had identical seasons last year as the Panthers and Bills.

Solder will be a stud, Akeem Ayers, Brooks Reed, Allen Bailey, Sam Acho are still out there as great 3-4 OLB, Cowherd is an idiot.

Cowherd addressed the fact that the Patriots could still fill the pass-rush need with Bowers, Reed, Ayers or the Pitt LB in the second/third round.

But people need to understand, it's DAILY sports radio. They have to talk about what happened in Day 1 of the draft.

Perhaps I'm missing something, but I've never quite understood 'the only thing that matters is a championship' reasoning in a debate. Based on that logic the Steelers and Jets had identical seasons last year as the Panthers and Bills.

Yeah, their seasons were exactly alike. ;)

This isn't pee-wee football, it's not about having fun or "how you play the game." Come on.

Championchips have zero to do with this debate.

The reality is this fanbase have a gaggle of "pass rusher" psychopaths who will only be fulfilled by a "pass rusher".

If you go through the threads, you will find you are "debating" one of the origional inmates.

Debate is futile.

1st in making points in 2010......

8th in allowing points in 2010.....

3 2nd round picks (maybe 4 after trade with Washington) today or another 1st in 2012.

So enough ammo for good def players and you are listening to people like Cowherd and posting it. it`s JUST a shame.

relax.

just my 2 cent from germany.

(whispering) Grande Mistako with the Sanchez lesson there, Greg.

The Jets traded up with Tampa Bay (via Cleveland) from #17 to #5 to grab Sanchez in the 2009 draft.

*******Guess who TB took at the Jets' original 17th pick?*********

Answer: D'OH!!!

2010 TDs/INT: Freeman-25/6 Sanchez-17/13
2010 Yards: Freeman-3,451 Sanchez-3,291
2010 Rating: Freeman-95.9 Sanchez-75.3

Don't forget, for the trade-up, the Jets also gave away their 2nd round pick.

Back to the drawing board on that one.

Yeah Sanchez is awful. Nice of you to ignore Darelle Revis. Would like to hear someone clown that trade.

I was just using them as an example of a team that uses the opposite approach to the patriots. Who knows what the patriots could have done with one of those picks.

I'm not saying to start trading all our picks away. So we draft 3 people a year. Just dont see the point in picking 9-10 people every year when only 4-5 will likely make the team. Cash in a few picks once in a while.

Last edited:
So the highlight of your fandom is defined by beating a rival that has half it's snaps taken by rookies/ second year players?

Usually, the apex of achievement isn't beating a team in a transition year.

To each his own I guess.

You mean the Patriots?

The same 14-2 Patriots piloted by a hall of fame QB still in his prime? Coached by one of the winningest coaches in the history of the game? That were playing at home where they hold an enormous advantage?

You can't beat your chest about how good your team is but belittle them the minute it serves you in an argument.

Beating the Patriots is always an accomplisment.

Colin Cowherd blasts Belichick

What happened to the thread? I thought I'd get it started again. This is a hot-button issue.

Re: Colin Cowherd blasts Belichick

What happened to the thread? I thought I'd get it started again. This is a hot-button issue.

Who ? I don't know who that is.

You know, the guy we agree with when he says Brady and Bellichick are the best ever and blast when he says something negative about the Pats. That Colin Cowherd.

10atwpCowherdColin.jpg

Last edited:

You know, the guy we agree with when he says Brady and Bellichick are the best ever and blast when he says something negative about the Pats. That Colin Cowherd.

10atwpCowherdColin.jpg

Sorry, never seen or heard of him. Ex Player? Ex Gm ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST