PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cobbs ... Not Cedric but Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a tough inside/outside runner...was alwasy considered too small...Lited weights in High School...but never had a chance at a larger school. He had a tryout with the team and stuck.
He's a good runner inside and..I think a PSqd possibility...and maybe a Faulk replacement in years to come...

Thanks for posting JR4 - nice read.

I like how Patriot players reach out and help the kid along. Classy players will do just that. While not limited to the Pats - you won't find that kind of help coming from players from all teams.

Last edited:
Pats726 said:
He's a good runner inside and..I think a PSqd possibility...and maybe a Faulk replacement in years to come...
Well, if he is Faulk's future replacement, you can be sure of a few things:

- The Pats will let Faulk go a year too soon rather than a year too late

- When it is apparent that Cobbs is competing for the job, fans will rail against getting rid of a "proven veteran" for a guy "who has never taken an NFL snap."

-The pats will be reamed by fans and press alike for being cold-hearted towards a player who did so much for him. "After all Faulk has done for the Pats, he deserves ..."

-When Faulk is let go, he will be that year's "Pat's player they could not afford to lose" and the reason for their upcoming demise.

I hope he does good. In a competition between will power and talent ,will power triumph`s more than talent.
He has survived so far in a very difficult system and i am sure he is more motivated then maroney in many ways.

patsfan13 said:
IIRC he was very productive at North Texas state. The part of the article about 4 blocked punts in camp was interesting. That could be his ticket to the roster.

Blocking 4 punts in 2 days ... where other things beside punt drills were being conducted ...
DOES catch the eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore