PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cobbs ... Not Cedric but Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a tough inside/outside runner...was alwasy considered too small...Lited weights in High School...but never had a chance at a larger school. He had a tryout with the team and stuck.
He's a good runner inside and..I think a PSqd possibility...and maybe a Faulk replacement in years to come...

Thanks for posting JR4 - nice read.

I like how Patriot players reach out and help the kid along. Classy players will do just that. While not limited to the Pats - you won't find that kind of help coming from players from all teams.

Last edited:
Pats726 said:
He's a good runner inside and..I think a PSqd possibility...and maybe a Faulk replacement in years to come...
Well, if he is Faulk's future replacement, you can be sure of a few things:

- The Pats will let Faulk go a year too soon rather than a year too late

- When it is apparent that Cobbs is competing for the job, fans will rail against getting rid of a "proven veteran" for a guy "who has never taken an NFL snap."

-The pats will be reamed by fans and press alike for being cold-hearted towards a player who did so much for him. "After all Faulk has done for the Pats, he deserves ..."

-When Faulk is let go, he will be that year's "Pat's player they could not afford to lose" and the reason for their upcoming demise.

I hope he does good. In a competition between will power and talent ,will power triumph`s more than talent.
He has survived so far in a very difficult system and i am sure he is more motivated then maroney in many ways.

patsfan13 said:
IIRC he was very productive at North Texas state. The part of the article about 4 blocked punts in camp was interesting. That could be his ticket to the roster.

Blocking 4 punts in 2 days ... where other things beside punt drills were being conducted ...
DOES catch the eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back