PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cleveland Given Permission To Interview Matt Patricia For HC Job

Status
Not open for further replies.

manxman2601

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score

I'm sure he's just going there for a laugh. Having said that, at least one Patriot coach might get to make the 32nd pick of the draft (too soon?).

Patricia must have done something the piss off the Patriots.

Patricia must have done something the piss off the Patriots.

He could always trade us Joe Thomas.

Edit: or maybe it's a sneaky strategy to get us our pick 32 and screw Goodell.

Its surprising he is willing to go there be interviewed, I thought he would politely decline..

Just let me know when Bill accepts an interview with a team.

Wtf...Matt Patricia does not strike me as a head coach. He's an engineer and technical expert but a buck-stops-here guy?

So of course the Browns want him. Dumbest team in the NFL.

Son of a
We are not making it out with either our coordinators it seems.
Come on teams start hiring coaches who arent our guys.

Its surprising he is willing to go there be interviewed, I thought he would politely decline..

Doesn't mean he will actually interview, just they have permission to talk.

So for all the crap about pats shenanigans and stuff they pull against opponents , all these teams still want to interview pats assistants ?Great.

So for all the crap about pats shenanigans and stuff they pull against opponents , all these teams still want to interview pats assistants ?Great.

Of course they do. Don't let some whining media members or opposing fanbases fool you. Everyone in the NFL knows that the Patriots have a well run organization with solid coaching--even if some of them believe that rules have been skirted from time to time. :)

While I can hardly blame Patricia for wanting his own HC gig just like anyone, and it would suck to lose him, I feel much better knowing that this is, and will always be, Bill Belichick's scheme and system.

It's not like the whole ship is going down if/when JMcD or Patricia leave, as much as I'd rather them both stay.

The Browns just gave roster control to a guy who was their lawyer a few days ago. There's no reason any reasonable HC candidate should be willing to step into that situation.

I wish him the best of luck, if he decides to leave, but if It wasn't for that Johnny Manziel fiasco it wouldn't be as bad as people think since they were 7-9 in 2014-2015.

The NFL sucks for new Coaches, they think just changing the head coach position will take their ****ty franchise into a super bowl contender, the average is what? a season and a half? That's not even one draft. IT's too much work for Matt, I would refuse the offer and stay until they give a bigger pay or a better offer appears.

But hey, if he wants to becomes a HC, let him follow his dream.

I wish him the best of luck, if he decides to leave, but if It wasn't for that Johnny Manziel fiasco it wouldn't be as bad as people think since they were 7-9 in 2014-2015.

The NFL sucks for new Coaches, they think just changing the head coach position will take their ****ty franchise into a super bowl contender, the average is what? a season and a half? That's not even one draft. IT's too much work for Matt, I would refuse the offer and stay until they give a bigger pay or a better offer appears.

But hey, if he wants to becomes a HC, let him follow his dream.

This is how bad the Browns organization is. Now, with the understanding that Brian Hoyer is certainly not an elite NFL QB, the following is still the truth:

1. Beginning in 2007, the Browns have spent 3 first round picks on QBs
  2. Since 2007, the Cleveland Browns have won more than 5 games in just one season, and that was the aforementioned 2014 season, when Hoyer went 7-6, and the Browns went 7-9
  3. Since 2007 (i.e. starting with 2008), the Browns have had 15 different starters
  4. From 2007-2015, the Browns went 37-91
  5. Cleveland QBs not named Brian Hoyer went 13-51 from 2011-2015 (You have to go back that far in order to get the non-Hoyer QBs to have more Cleveland wins than Hoyer's overall numbers)
  6. Brian Hoyer was 10-6 as the Browns' starter and is 15-10 from 2013-2015
  7. In the sesaon you mentioned the Browns going 7-9, Hoyer had all 7 wins, going 7-6, and was the only QB on the Cleveland roster to win a game.
  8. Cleveland let Hoyer walk in favor of Josh McCown (5-19 from 2013-2015) and Johnny Manziel (2-6 in NFL career)

Last edited:
  • Ha Ha
Reactions: ALP
This is how bad the Browns organization is. Now, with the understanding that Brian Hoyer is certainly not an elite NFL QB, the following is still the truth:

1. Beginning in 2007, the Browns have spent 3 first round picks on QBs
  2. Since 2007, the Cleveland Browns have won more than 5 games in just one season, and that was 2014, when Hoyer went 7-6
  3. Since 2007 (i.e. starting with 2008), the Browns have had 15 different starters
  4. From 2007-2015, the Browns went 37-91
  5. Cleveland QBs not named Brian Hoyer went 13-51 from 2011-2015 (You have to go back that far in order to get the non-Hoyer QBs to have more Cleveland wins than Hoyer's overall numbers)
  6. Brian Hoyer was 10-6 as the Browns' starter and is 15-10 from 2013-2015
  7. Cleveland let Hoyer walk in favor of Josh McCown (5-19 from 2013-2015) and Johnny Manziel (2-6 in NFL career)

8. Fired Bill Belichick basically because they didnt trust his ability to pick a QB

8. Fired Bill Belichick basically because they didnt trust his ability to pick a QB

Oh, man. I lived in the area during that time and actually went to the same school as Bernie Kosar did, so he was a hometown hero for the entire city of Boardman/Youngstown area. You can't imagine the backlash and controversy that came from that decision. Everyone hated Belichick. Every Browns fan. Every Ohioan. Everyone.

As we know, in the end he was right, but it didn't matter. I'm sure CLE is reminded all too often of their decision to move on from Bill Belichick. What's even stranger was that Belichick himself was a local guy, as his dad used to work at Youngstown Sheet and Tube and there are still plenty of Belichicks around the city--although they pronounce it with a different emphasis. You'd have thought that may have played into his favor, but it certainly did NOT.

The cool thing is that Belichick still donates money to local high school football programs in need, with the understanding that he doesn't want it to be a big story. Just a few summers ago, there was a small paragraph in the local paper containing about 3-4 small sentences where he had resurrected the Struthers, OH high school football program with a 50,000 dollar donation for new equipment.

In the mid 50's I was introduced to the NFL and quickly became a Browns fan, Jim Brown was the man. One of my better days was meeting Jim Brown and BB at a celebration of his Amer-I-Can program.

It happened right after BB was hired, and I thought he was a JAG.. so I had my pix taken with Jim Brown and not BB, could have been double whammy, but who would have thunk?? That was a really good day..

we need to win another super bowl THIS YEAR if patricia and mcdaniels end up leaving. who knows who will be our coordinators next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back