PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Clayton: Pats "frantically" calling around for third receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frantic Clayton is an oxymoron...

Salsbury in his book says Clayton bangs more grade A trim than anyone would believe.

I can believe it. I think those women are called "gold diggers".

Re: Clayton: Pats "frantically calling" around for third receiver

Tate, Aiken, Edelman, or Nunn cannot be relied upon as a third receiver at this point. This is an obvious weakness for the Patriots, and they aren't gonig to just sit on it.

What makes you believe this? From where I stand, the Pats cut Galloway because they feel that Tate and Edelman can be more effective in the passing game as the 3rd receiver than Galloway was.

Tate, Aiken, Edelman, or Nunn cannot be relied upon as a third receiver at this point. This is an obvious weakness for the Patriots, and they aren't gonig to just sit on it.

maybe they deal with the eagles again. kevin curtis or reggie brown

What makes you believe this? From where I stand, the Pats cut Galloway because they feel that Tate and Edelman can be more effective in the passing game as the 3rd receiver than Galloway was.

I said this a few days ago and got six consecutive reponses asking me what I was smoking for it. Glad to see someone else shares my optimistic views about what Tate can be capable of.

Salsbury in his book says Clayton bangs more grade A trim than anyone would believe.

1 would be more than anyone would believe.

maybe they deal with the eagles again. kevin curtis or reggie brown

I think Endlemen is doing alright as the third option....but I see your point. You need deeper threat....a Gaffney type ;)

Why do people think that Tate will be a significant contributor this year? He hasn't practiced, let alone played, in over a year, and he has never even had a practice with the Patriots. It'll take time to bring him along- he won't go from PUP to basically starting overnight. Nunn is a more likely option IMO.

I know. Who read a book by Sean Salisbury?

read?
read?

I heard that it was one of those pop-out books.

Sort of like "Pat the bunny" but I hope the anatomical parts he was so fond of putting in his snapshots were not in any of the pop-out panels.

I think Endlemen is doing alright as the third option....but I see your point. You need deeper threat....a Gaffney type ;)

Are you saying Gaffney is a deep threat, deeper threat than Edelman or a as deep of a threat as Galloway?

I always thought of Gaffney is a 3rd/4th WR who is a good short/intermediate route runner- nothing more.

Last edited:
If by "frantic" Clayton means studying the roster of the Oakland Raiders to determine if anyone else is worth pillaging, I wholly agree.

Perhaps Belichick has expanded his search to the Redskins roster as it appears to be heading toward NFC Raiders status.

People don't think that the Patriots are desperate for an outside receiver to pair with Moss?

Seriously?

After 6 weeks, people here honestly don't see that enormous hole in the offense?

Its been clear for about 4 weeks now that the Patriots already thought Edelman and Aiken were more effective than Galloway. Tate? I doubt hes a factor before week 10.

This just in: A photo of Bill Belichick frantic:

img16_000007.jpg

I actually think it's perfectly likely that the Pats are making calls, but the "frantic" bit is pretty comical.

Salisbury's book excerpts, including the one about Clayton and women, were a (good) joke, and not true.

QB12

People don't think that the Patriots are desperate for an outside receiver to pair with Moss?

Seriously?

After 6 weeks, people here honestly don't see that enormous hole in the offense?

BINGO! How can we rely on Aiken, Nunn or Tate? Tate hasn't play in over a year!!!! Those of you saying otherwise are completely clueless.

This just in: A photo of Bill Belichick frantic:

img16_000007.jpg

I actually think it's perfectly likely that the Pats are making calls, but the "frantic" bit is pretty comical.

Thats my take too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back