PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cincinnati Bengals...Week 1 Opponent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Cinn Bengals...Week 1 Opponent

ok before we start bashing palmer, let's not get him confused with his brother Jordan Palmer who also played last night at QB. I saw Carson make some pretty good throws to TO early on.

I don't think i was too impressed with cincy's defense in that first series.

:) I tried holding off bashing him but after seeing his arm strength not where it once was, I'm a little more excited about our chances in week 1..

That was a pretty lackluster game all round yesterday. The Cowboys have the
"We're heading to the SB" crown on them and played with a little more hunger than the Bengals. But I wouldn't write Cincinatti off just yet. Benson still has it, Palmer to TO was working (no drops) and the dude can still get open. I think 85 was only thrown to once, and Palmer was a whole lot better than the replacements (JTO'S should have retired and Jordan played poorly against camp fodder).

However I did like the look of Johnston their converted OLB, he looks to be a handful and they had several good penetrations against a supposed superior defense from the Cowboys.

HoF game is one level up from the 11 on 11 TC runs, so still a lot of kinks to sort out on both sides of the ball (for both teams). Unfortunately it made for poor viewing.

well, we'll have a quick first test for our pass rush right out of the gate. If we can't get pressure on Palmer in week 1, then it could be one long season.

tell you who looked good (all be it against 2nd string OL). Micheal Johnson he was a guy who dropped down to 3rd round because of consistency issues, but he was a college de who has moved to OLB for the bengals and also puts his hand on the ground to rush. I would have really liked us to pick him up in the third last year... then again i liked rey maualuga too.... and i don't have to live with consequences

It all depends on Palmer. Their O-Line was a big strength last year, so don't let this game put you off them. As a run blocking unit, they may be the best in the league.

I think out D will be good enough to stop them for the most part if all they can do is run the football.... If Palmer can get in sink with Owens, Johnson and Gresham then they could cause us a lot of problems...

They have a good D too, though i don't love Hall and Joseph like some people do

Pats gonna get torched for the second straight game in their own freaking building. Ravens & Bengals. Kraft gonna be none too happy up there in the box with the traditional powder blue blazer and the peach tie.
Best owner in the league. Too bad the people underneath him can put a defense on the field. Secondary looking extra porous during training camp too. Saints having their way with them as we speak.
ima havta put my hands over my eyes and peek through my fingers on Sept. 12th. Gonna be ug-lee.

Re: Cinn Bengals.. Week 1 Opponent

How much of CP's suckitude can be pinned to the OL, I don't know.

That said, Brian Leonard, one guy that a lot of us on this forum wanted back in 2007, was injured in the game. [I still have hope that he'll discover his inner Patriot next year, although WWII might have something to say about that possibility. . . .]

I believe that the O-Line didn't play well and that some of Palmer's poor play could be directly attributed to that fact. They struggled running the ball as well, which was a strength for them all last season.

With that said, however, it was the first preseason game for both teams. The season is a completely different ball game.

Last edited:
Chad Ochocinco, Antonio Bryant, Terrell Owens, Jermaine Gresham, Andre Caldwell , had 51 rec last year. and Matt Jones, so the pats DB's and LB's will have ther hand full trying to cover all of them. Cedric Benson, at RB they have a good offense.

and there defense is good to Antwan Odom, is back at 100% he was leading the NFL in sacks with 8 befor he was lost for the season after only 6 games. and they are very good and deep at DB

Pats gonna get torched for the second straight game in their own freaking building. Ravens & Bengals. Kraft gonna be none too happy up there in the box with the traditional powder blue blazer and the peach tie.
Best owner in the league. Too bad the people underneath him can put a defense on the field. Secondary looking extra porous during training camp too. Saints having their way with them as we speak.
ima havta put my hands over my eyes and peek through my fingers on Sept. 12th. Gonna be ug-lee.

Pats getting torched by the mighty Bengals? Seriously? Come on man.

Chad Ochocinco, Antonio Bryant, Terrell Owens, Jermaine Gresham, Andre Caldwell , had 51 rec last year. and Matt Jones, so the pats DB's and LB's will have ther hand full trying to cover all of them. Cedric Benson, at RB they have a good offense.

and there defense is good to Antwan Odom, is back at 100% he was leading the NFL in sacks with 8 befor he was lost for the season after only 6 games. and they are very good and deep at DB

Well that's it. We're screwed.

I read on their forum a couple weeks ago, about how Pacman was going to shut down Welker.

WE'RE SCREWED!

I read on their forum a couple weeks ago, about how Pacman was going to shut down Welker.

WE'RE SCREWED!

Well, there's always the chance Pacman gets his thugs to shoot Welker. That might be how he plans to shut him down......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes