PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chung Knee injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
did the defense kind of fall apart when he went out? or did the overall defense let down once they went up?

compare Chung with Meriweather is like compare Matt Ryan and Kyle Boller as promising 1st round qbs.

Dont know what game you watched....meriweather played really well today. He was solid. I love Chung and sure, he is better then BM....but BM is no slouch at all.

Best? No

Most popular? Yes
I think he's unquestionably our best safety. Meriweather is fast and hits hard, but he doesn't have Chung's intelligence or tackling ability.

compare Chung with Meriweather is like compare Matt Ryan and Kyle Boller as promising 1st round qbs.

You been drinking again?

Meriweather played very well today, actually.

I just hope the injury isn't bad enough to land him on IR.

Good News. Chung told Ian Rapaport ( Twitter ) that "I'm Alright" nodding emphatically.

Hard to say best DB because I am not sure how good he is in coverage yet but he kicks ass on special teams. He is always around the ball too.
I wonder if McGowan is still with the team 2011

Chung is a VERY smart player and always seems to be taking the best route to the ball.... Meriweather takes awkward routes to the ball from time to time, although I will agree - today was his best game of the season.

You been drinking again?

Meriweather played very well today, actually.

Indeed.

And comparing Free Safety to Strong Safety is Apples and Oranges, anyway.

I saw him walking to the locker room without any help so i assume it is a bruised knee regardless i doubt it will take a long time to heal it up.

Saw Patriots S Patrick Chung (knee) on the way out. Told me he's "all right." Then he nodded emphatically. Maybe a good sign.

Rapaport 10

Let us pray. I saw enough James Sanders/Sergio Brown today to last me a lifetime.

Let us pray. I saw enough James Sanders/Sergio Brown today to last me a lifetime.

This. Hope Chung and Page can play next week. And Dear Lord, there was a Wilhite sighting today...

What did you see that got you down about Brown? I agree that he probably isn't viable long-term, but I thought he was good in spot duty at least.

Unless it's really a concussion and he was talking to someone who wasn't actually visible to anyone else...like Batman!

What did you see that got you down about Brown? I agree that he probably isn't viable long-term, but I thought he was good in spot duty at least.

Brown is ok in short stints or as the 3rd safety, but Sanders is just not very good and it doesn't help Brown any.

Chung, Meriweather, and even Page are far ahead of James Sanders. If McGowan wasn't on IR, I think Sanders would be a shadow roster type guy.

Brown is ok in short stints or as the 3rd safety, but Sanders is just not very good and it doesn't help Brown any.

Chung, Meriweather, and even Page are far ahead of James Sanders. If McGowan wasn't on IR, I think Sanders would be a shadow roster type guy.

Wow. Sanders saved a touchdown by knocking the ball out of Gates hands in the endzone, and was smart enough to jump on the ball at mid field today for a fumble recovery. Also forced Rivers out of the pocket on a blitz to force a SD punt.

He'll never make the Pro Bowl, but I don't think they win the game without him today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft