PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chung Knee injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed. Sanders, while not great, doesn't deserve that kind of heat.

I hope he's ok. The middle of the field really opened up once he left. On the bright side, Brown was not bad.

Brown did well, but Chung is a STUD out there, and makes tackles all over the field. Please let him be O.K.

Brown is ok in short stints or as the 3rd safety, but Sanders is just not very good and it doesn't help Brown any.

Chung, Meriweather, and even Page are far ahead of James Sanders. If McGowan wasn't on IR, I think Sanders would be a shadow roster type guy.

Sanders made a great play in the end zone to stop a touchdown in the second half. Other than that, I didn't notice him much, aside from a negative play or two.

Wow. Sanders saved a touchdown by knocking the ball out of Gates hands in the endzone, and was smart enough to jump on the ball at mid field today for a fumble recovery. Also forced Rivers out of the pocket on a blitz to force a SD punt.

He'll never make the Pro Bowl, but I don't think they win the game without him today.

Yes he did, and I don't hate the guy. I just think if McGowan wasn't on IR, Sanders wouldn't be here.

He played ok today. But for every good play he has, he has a few clunkers.

What did you see that got you down about Brown? I agree that he probably isn't viable long-term, but I thought he was good in spot duty at least.
Brown made quite a few nice plays. Seems to be a strong tackler.

He's a pro bowler? Not saying BM is, but Ching has not proven hes beter yet.

So no one sees him getting burned ever? I see it frequently? He's still got work to do in coverage.

That's an argument showing that BM could reverse the rankings quickly. It doesn't show that BM has been better this season.

I saw that tweet too. Might have been deleted, but it once existed.

@RapSheet Ian R. Rapoport
Saw Patriots S Patrick Chung (knee) on the way out. Told me he's "all right." Then he nodded emphatically. Maybe a good sign.

Actually that tweet is nowhere to be found on his twitter.

Ian R. Rapoport (RapSheet) on Twitter

Ummmmm

Untitled.jpg

That's an argument showing that BM could reverse the rankings quickly. It doesn't show that BM has been better this season.

I love the Chung/Meriweather combo at safety, especially if today represents the start of Meriweather playing consistently well (Overall he played well at Baltimore, and Miami prior to injuring his knee)

I just think they complement each other so well. Chung is the steady tackling machine who eats up plays, leaving Meriweather to prowl around centerfield - I think that going forward they will have a chance to be the best safety tandem in the league, or at least top 5.

(Not that both or either of them are top 5 safeties individually necessarily, but I don't think many other teams that have that kind of quality at both FS and SS.)

Brown did well, but Chung is a STUD out there, and makes tackles all over the field. Please let him be O.K.

thats true but i think people need to recognize how well merriweather played today... he made some great tackles out there and i didn't really see him out of place did anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes