PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chung Knee injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard BB say it, it didnt' sound to me that he was trying to imply that he would be playing next sunday. At least that the impression i got. It was more like ..it is what it is.

Last edited:
I though for sure Chung was day-to-day :) must mean he really is close to coming back.

I heard BB say it, it didnt' sound to me that he was trying to imply that he would be playing next sunday. At least that the impression i got. It was more like ..it is what it is.

Yeah, I wouldnt read too much into this comment

Well, when I hear knee injury, I think IR unless otherwise indicated. 2-3 weeks or less would be great. He seems to be indicating something.

Let's face it 99% of what he says is nothing, so I think there's something there.;)

Well, when I hear knee injury, I think IR unless otherwise indicated. 2-3 weeks or less would be great. He seems to be indicating something.

Let's face it 99% of what he says is nothing, so I think there's something there.;)
He might be saying that just to force the Vikings to plan for Chung.

Zolak is a bit of a lush. I don't beleive anything he says until someone else says the same thing. Chung could be out four weeks or none.

Chung is a VERY smart player and always seems to be taking the best route to the ball.... Meriweather takes awkward routes to the ball from time to time, although I will agree - today was his best game of the season.

Nope. Last week again the evil Ravens was his best game ever. It was the game where he got a reputation and where WRs across the league started to worry. No more WRs dancing like little ballerinas in the deep zones anymore...

Nope. Last week again the evil Ravens was his best game ever. It was the game where he got a reputation and where WRs across the league started to worry. No more WRs dancing like little ballerinas in the deep zones anymore...

Totally agree. I am really hoping there is a trend in his play. Yes so far it's only a 2 week trend. But i hope he continues to play this way and give this D a bit of a nasty side and that he and chung develop into a fearsome duo

I'm taking the 1-2 week report with a grain of salt but I hope he's not out too long

remember our old friend Eugene Wilson. Guy was a stud in the 3rd super bowl year. Anyhow, the season after that, he is week to week for the first half of the season, actually dresses for his first game for quite sometime and plays some reps and then goes on IR the next day.

Comcast sports tonight now reports it's an ankle injury,not the knee

an ankle sprain now could explain only an expected 2 week absence

Last edited:
Well that's a relief. Any time we have to go without him is going to be tough. He's our best DB right now.

Comcast sports tonight now reports it's an ankle injury,not the knee

an ankle sprain now could explain only an expected 2 week absence
Does Comcast Sports Tonight actually know what they're talking about, or do they just rehash news reported by other outlets?

Chung is a fierce hitter. That's his gift and will be his gift to the Pats for years to come, but his coverage skills need improvement. He makes up for it with his hits - but the coverage? Meh. Actually, you can say that about all the Patriots safeties.

Last edited:
Chung is a fierce hitter. That's his gift and will be his gift to the Pats for years to come, but his coverage skills need improvement. He makes up for it with his hits - but the coverage? Meh. Actually, you can say that about all the Patriots safeties.

The safeties aren't nearly as bad in coverage as you like to claim.

Isn't that why safeties are safeties and not CBs?

Isn't that why safeties are safeties and not CBs?

Beat me to it. I think that's the MO of all safeties, save for the future hall of famers.

Rodney was considered a bad coverage safety too. If Chung turns out to be another Rodney I'll take it

Chung is in the locker room today, walking with no limp. Declined most comments, but told Rappaport "Feeling Great" and gave him a thumbs up.

Solidly nifty news.

Mike Reiss via Twitter said:
Safety Patrick Chung walks thru locker room. Looks like he dodged a bullet with knee injury. Good sign for Pats. No noticeable limp.

Chris Price via Twitter said:
Pat Chung politely declines to talk to the media ... For what its worth, he was walking without a limp.

Ian Rappaport via Twitter said:
Asked Patriots safety Patrick Chung (knee) how he's feeling. Gave a big thumbs up. "Feeling great." Walked with no limp. A good sign

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey