PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chung and Spikes among the Injured

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a good thing our depth is so much better this year. I'm fine with Sergio Brown or Darius Butler stepping in for Chung. Wilhite would be even better if he gets healthy.

Losing Spikes could hurt the run defense, though, if Guyton still hasn't learned to shed blocks yet. They'd have to move Mayo to the strong side and put Guyton in at weak. They used that combination last year, and it wasn't ideal. At least Mayo has improved quite a bit this year. Maybe he's better prepared for that role now.

Jarrad Page or Sergio Brown would be the choices to step in for Chung. Page actually took a lot of snaps last game.

Neither Butler nor Wilhite is really suited for playing safety.

Jarrad Page or Sergio Brown would be the choices to step in for Chung. Page actually took a lot of snaps last game. Neither Butler nor Wilhite is really suited for playing safety.

fixed it: Neither Butler nor Wilhite is really suited for playing.

Any update on the injuries?

also, any word on how the practices went?

Thx

Last edited:
Any update on the injuries?

also, any word on how the practices went?

Thx
Later on it was reported that they're abscence wasn't injury related.

Last edited:
Let's hope it's not disciplinary.

I really doubt it. Belichick rarely disciplines his players by suspending them from practice. It is most likely they were given the day off as reward for good efforts and to let them rest up and keep them fresh. If you look at the last month or so, several players a week are given an extra day off.

I really doubt it. Belichick rarely disciplines his players by suspending them from practice. It is most likely they were given the day off as reward for good efforts and to let them rest up and keep them fresh. If you look at the last month or so, several players a week are given an extra day off.

Guess my worry about it being disciplinary wasn't unreasonable. I remain concerned about Chung, too. From their on field demeanor, looks like Chung and Spikes might be buds. Spikes decided not to appeal; perhaps action against Chung is pending.

Guess my worry about it being disciplinary wasn't unreasonable. I remain concerned about Chung, too. From their on field demeanor, looks like Chung and Spikes might be buds. Spikes decided not to appeal; perhaps action against Chung is pending.

I don't think it was disciplinary so much as "we're going to be without this guy for 4 weeks, better get his replacements as many reps as possible"

I don't think it was disciplinary so much as "we're going to be without this guy for 4 weeks, better get his replacements as many reps as possible"

Well the Spikes absence sure as hell was disciplinary related, i.e. league discipline. There's little doubt in my mind that Spikes at least missed practices because he was busy talking to the league and his agent or even lawyer. So Chung's disappearing at the same time suggests he was involved in a similar investigation. Perhaps he was cleared, perhaps he's appealing. Spike's statement today implied he could still play now if he were appealing.

Last edited:
Well the Spikes absence sure as hell was disciplinary related, i.e. league discipline. There's little doubt in my mind that Spikes at least missed practices because he was busy talking to the league and his agent or even lawyer. So Chung's disappearing at the same time suggests he was involved in a similar investigation. Perhaps he was cleared, perhaps he's appealing. Spike's statement today implied he could still play now if he were appealing.

Well, if we assume they were both implicated, then one possible tactic might be to have one of the two appeal. In this way you only lose one in the short term and have a chance at having both for the post season if the appeal is won. Then you acquire a new DB in case the appeal is lost. Pure speculation, I know. But would we hear anything if there was an appeal? I'm assuming no.

no...what you got here is the Omissioner, so violently incensed about the 45-3 brick wall put up in front of him and NY business cronies/conspirators to fix a NY Jet Super Bowl, that he lashed out in enraged jealous anger trying to besmirch the Patriots young gems and cast a pall over their careers as they play the next five seasons for the Patriots. He can't attack Brady. He won't attack Belichick or Kraft again or they will counter with Jetdell's slap on the wrist for the abhorrent, disgusting and reprehensible drunken actions displayed in public by Rex Ryan. He knew from media reports that the Patriots had a run of mild influenza in their locker room a few weeks ago. He knew their younger, much less sophisticated players probably used over the counter cold remedies and he was obviously hoping he'd get a positive for ephedrine or pseudo ephedrine, if he was lucky, and be able to suspend a good number of the young budding nucleus of Pats players that have spurred this surprising run this season. He missed out on his home run swing but he got on base with a swinging bunt with the Spikes test.

Someday,when this cretin is wearing a beige jumpsuit and a number for identification, we will all look back on these string of Patriot "COINCIDENCES" since 2007 and realize it was there for all to see.Nobody wanted to look.

Plenty of info about Spikes, but nothing on Chung, other than his absence-- any info?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST