PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Players Returning to the Pats in the BB Era

Status
Not open for further replies.
@NE-VT

I guess comparing the averages between the winningest and losingest teams might tell you something.

Yes, you could see how well that stat you created predicts winning percentage. It might be statistically significant. Lets make it a paper! NE-VT, Tony2046, et. al :D

Maugaula Tuitele

Yes, you could see how well that stat you created predicts winning percentage. It might be statistically significant. Lets make it a paper! NE-VT, Tony2046, et. al :D

Fwiw: Chose the following teams for the following reasons:

Pats - Most wins or most success. The Patriot's way.
Browns - Least success. No way. - Draft draft draft
Cowboys - Storied franchise. Jerrah's way.
Bengals - Moderately successful. The Cheap way.
Jete - AFC Rivals - The Comedic way.

I'm semi joking with the comments above but am not sure if you could conclude much with that stat.

For example:

Jete - 483/1.98 - have won 136 games since 2000.

Bengals - 383/2.5 - have won 133 games since 2000.

Fwiw: Chose the following teams for the following reasons:

Pats - Most wins or most success. The Patriot's way.
Browns - Least success. No way. - Draft draft draft
Cowboys - Storied franchise. Jerrah's way.
Bengals - Moderately successful. The Cheap way.
Jete - AFC Rivals - The Comedic way.

I'm semi joking with the comments above but am not sure if you could conclude much with that stat.

For example:

Jete - 483/1.98 - have won 136 games since 2000.

Bengals - 383/2.5 - have won 133 games since 2000.

If you are super curious, I can check for statistical significance quickly once I have the number of players per year and number of wins per year (doing it by year make it easier since Houston is an expansion team). If you want to compile it I can check it tonight even.

It is actually interesting!

If you are super curious, I can check for statistical significance quickly once I have the number of players per year and number of wins per year (doing it by year make it easier since Houston is an expansion team). If you want to compile it I can check it tonight even.

It is actually interesting!

I'll do that. But it won't be for a couple of days. I'm in the middle of a project that needs to be wrapped in the next couple of days.

Ventrone

I think the only correlation of years of service and success would be at the QB position (although Eli would defy logic).

After all, for all other positions you could argue.........

Bad teams have short average years of service with the team because they are bad and constantly turning over the roster to find the right players.

IF the Pats are on the higher end you could argue THAT is why the Pats have success...they don't deal with emotion and do not fear cutting ties with players as long as it makes sense to the team

Don't forget to correlate the average number of years a #1 draft pick plays with a team and the two stolen #1 draft picks and two #1's traded for BB.

Interesting that this season there could be three more players added to list. (if they make the team)

Jamie Collins

Ben Watson

Brandon Bolden

Well, they took the scenic route but the Ben Watson reunion took place afterall

Does McDaniels count? I know he's a coach. But still.

And it's never going to happen. Nor should it. But I might as well put it out there before anyone else does...

12737756_web1_12737756-23014a99d1264faeac86415a3bb1cd45.jpg

I saw the thread title and my first thought was "a really creative title for another "Bring AB back" thread"

The Antonio Brown nostalgia is illogical sentiment, but man, if I said it never occured to me, I'd lie. We all would!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back