PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT Christian Gonzalez

Not sure what's up what that dude, but he seemed to be... distraught. I know the guy was supposedly a D1 DB, so theoretically knows the position, and that he absolutely wanted Witherspoon. I'm still in shock CG fell to the Pats, but like others have said, I think they would've been happy with either Forbes or CG and hence the trade down. Glad they got the guy with more meat on his bones.
Damn, I came off as distraught? My bad, man, didn't mean to and I'm sorry if I did. CG is a remarkable athlete with all the potential in the world and obviously I hope he becomes the best corner to ever play. Having said that, I just don't see it in his tape. When I watch him play I see a great mirror who doesn't like physicality. And I think the Patriots really need more physicality across the board. I hope he becomes the best DB to ever play the game and he certainly has the capacity to become it from a physical standpoint but I just don't see that dog that Jack and Marcus Jones had in them last year coming out.

I am not a draftnik, but he was clearly one of my picks for the first round..
After a loud groan was heard when BB traded down to 17, thinks worked out the way he expected.

A pick for need and one of the top corners with size, speed, and athleticism. Super happy.

Scar was down on the top tackles in this draft, if that means anything. Was a bit sad when they passed on Broderick, but now I am happy. Thanks Washington for taking the 166 lbs corner. Patriots already have one.

I like this comparison. Though he’s taller, and a little more explosive speed and jumping wise. But if he can come close to Gilmore’s career, he’ll have a helluva career. First turns 21 in June, so he’s far from a finished product. I truly feel he will be a shutdown corner.

He’s going to the right team. The Patriots are really good at caching up corners. He’s really young, and an exceptional athlete, so they should be able to coach him up to his potential.

This kid seems like a stud. Can’t recall last time we picked a guy in the first round that people wanted.

We know BB loves Big CB's imagine getting Porter Jr too CB would be set for years to come. :)

Took BB and the pats all but 30 seconds to send their pick in. Any pats fans that are pissed that we took the #1 cb in this draft over a wr does not know football. Never trust BB with round 1 wr picks. We now have an athletic freak at cb. I love this pick. He has speed (4.38 40), length, fluid in movement, can mirror, etc. My only knock on him is his angles making tackles and that can be fixed!

I wanted OT as very hard to find elite ones outside round 1 and we are good at drafting CB. However happy with the pick seeing the write up on this guy and everyone's reaction here.

Speak of the devil...and he shall appear lmao. I do not consider myself an expert at all but I challenge you to show me a single piece of evidence that suggests Gonzalez can deliver tone-setting tackling nor any semblance of an attempt to deliver one. Press is a state of mind, not a body type. The boy has the body type to do it but as Bill Parcells famously said, "You can't teach a puppy that doesn't bite how to bite as a dog."

That’s probably why he dropped. Even though he wasn’t his position coach, Adrian Klemm would have a pretty good idea about the guy’s makeup wouldn’t he?

This feels like the Patriots just stole one of the best cornerbacks in the draft.

For what it's worth in terms of size/athleticism, Gonzalez is an absolute freak according to RAS.

FqUnyiPWwAETvlK
Let's hope HE can lock up Diggs!!

No one has any 1st round picks left in this draft.. Just saying... :whistle:
I'd move 46 and others for a future first, if anyone would be so desperate to make the offer...
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
As for Gonzales, great pick at 17... Didn't think he'd be available... Really thought OT at 14... To me, the trade down suggests the tackle, if indeed it was a tackle, they were targeting was already gone, maybe Wright or Skoronski...

He’s going to the right team. The Patriots are really good at caching up corners. He’s really young, and an exceptional athlete, so they should be able to coach him up to his potential.
Even the haters admit Bill is the best when it comes to coaching up corners. They end up with the #1 guy? At 17? This is a huge win for the Pats.

Even the haters admit Bill is the best when it comes to coaching up corners. They end up with the #1 guy? At 17? This is a huge win for the Pats.
yup incredible value and fills in a need which is a nice factor too

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back