PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chris Harris: "The only way to take Gronk down is by going for his knees"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet BB muzzles them tomorrow. Gronk's response may not go over well with him.

I get a visual of Gronk arriving at the facility tomorrow morning with Belichick waiting by the door...

After what happened (benched 1st quarter divisional round) with Welker after his hilarious foot press conference I'm afraid what BB will do to Gronk. ...
No chance. I wonder if BB is finally going to repay the favor in this game.

I can't blame him for employing legal tackling techniques to maximize his chances of making the tackle, assuming it's a clean play.

If anything, they need to look at changing the rules.

The thing is that's not maximizing his chances. He's not actually trying to hold on to him. It's possible for Gronk to break the low tackle. Earl Thomas' tackle in the Superbowl is the best way to tackle Gronk and he did it to perfection. Gronk didn't gain a single yard upon tackle.

If they take out Gronk's knee, someone needs to make sure that Ward gets carted off. Maybe DT for good measure - not because you're trying to hurt him of course, just because... you know, diving at the knees is apparently the only way to stop guys now.

Give as good as you get and maybe they won't be so eager to play that stupid game

I prefer an eye for someone else's eye.....if they take out gronk, then cut Miller are ware until they both get carted off

But we don't do that

I bet BB muzzles them tomorrow. Gronk's response may not go over well with him.
yes, both as a matter of Belichickean principles and common sense.

I get a visual of Gronk arriving at the facility tomorrow morning with Belichick waiting by the door...
more like a tap on the shoulder from a gofer: "Coach said he wanted to see you as soon as you got in."

That is the Gronk-est answer to something ever

Maybe the team should look into fitting Gronk with custom knee braces. I’ll take a slightly slower Gronk over a broken-for-the-season Gronk any day.
Seems like a smart trade off to me!

The guy straight up, word for word, said go at gronks knees. That's ending someone's career. That's equivalent to us losing our jobs. I don't think bb would get too upset about Gronk saying something funny about it. I know there is a fine line about hitting low and going for the knees, but this guy went over it when he said to hit the knees. It maybe legal but to actually come out and say it makes you as dirty as crap.

Good tackling technique would bring Gronk down with a hit the hips.

Going for the Knees is what you do when you want to cripple someone, not tackle them.
So true. It gets me SO ****ING ANGRY when ALLEGED NFL players say the only way to take Gronk down is to go for the knees. Ever hear of tackling you ****ing morons ? Ever hear of ****ing wrapping up when you tackle ? Tackle and wrap up the legs, how difficult is that. Someone mentioned the Butler tackle, I've seen people bounce off of that dozens of times, he got lucky on that. This moron just admit that he's gonna go after Gronk's knees and half of you morons agree that's the only way to tackle Gronk.

Hit with your shoulders, drive through the body and wrap up. For ****s sake. Seems like half of you have never seen a smaller guy take down a bigger guy without throwing a shoulder at people's knees.

Here's some good examples how to tackle for those of you who don't know how. Sorry for the music.

After what happened (benched 1st quarter divisional round) with Welker after his hilarious foot press conference I'm afraid what BB will do to Gronk. ...
Gronk is too important. Belichick would not "make an example" of someone like Brady or Gronk by sitting them out.

Maybe the team should look into fitting Gronk with custom knee braces. I’ll take a slightly slower Gronk over a broken-for-the-season Gronk any day.

Made of bullet proof/resistant material or synthetic spider silk

Like Red telling Russell to throw one elbow on national TV, I hope if Harris goes low, Gronk leaps over it, comes back, and stomps on his head.

Guaranteed no defender tries that again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents